Transfer to PS5 and still keeping the PS4

Lann

Hello!

It seems they now changed it so that you can transfer your character to the PS5 versuin and also keep the PS4 character (like the PS3-PS4 transfer).

So, my question is if this will make people jump onto the PS5 version?

I know I will now transfer, since the option to play with the PS4 crowd will remain.

Future PS5 events?

• Like 3

I dont play GTA at all outside of crew playlists, and I can rarely join weekday playlists due to work. So until 2Bros is officially a PS5 playlist, I'll remain on PS4. Even if there's the option to play both, I have no reason to transfer right now.

As for future events on PS5, I'm not too optimistic. I think the real future events are awaiting GTA6.

8 hours ago, Lann said:

Hello!

It seems they now changed it so that you can transfer your character to the PS5 versuin and also keep the PS4 character (like the PS3-PS4 transfer).

So, my question is if this will make people jump onto the PS5 version?

I know I will now transfer, since the option to play with the PS4 crowd will remain.

Future PS5 events?

@Lann do you have a link for some info on this?  Have you done it yet? This is good news. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

4 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

@Lann do you have a link for some info on this?  Have you done it yet? This is good news. 

Just checked and all went fine, ps4 still there.

qholYQk.jpg
HLaIJB3.jpg

• Like 3

I will be buying a PS5 this weekend. I was just waiting for the seamless GTAV transfer to do so. 

Had things gone according to plan today, I would have the new console in my house right now. So yes, for me, this is the news I had been waiting for. Next Gen, here I come!

• Like 4

On 6/16/2023 at 11:05 PM, Con said:

I will be buying a PS5 this weekend. I was just waiting for the seamless GTAV transfer to do so. 

Had things gone according to plan today, I would have the new console in my house right now. So yes, for me, this is the news I had been waiting for. Next Gen, here I come!

Did you end up buying one?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D-Rocks said:

Did you end up buying one?

Yes I did, it’s the God of War bundle. It arrives on Thursday. I’m already in possession of the gtav disc. Very excited now for this new generation of gaming, even if I really only play gtav. 

The profile transfer news came at the right time as I was just going to spend the $7M+ for the new cars and Avenger upgrades the next time I logged in. 

But now with the GTA+, I will save on the Avenger Terminal, Avenger upgrades, and even get a free Monstrociti. So I might as well wait before I buy anything. 

On 6/16/2023 at 4:52 PM, Lann said:

Just checked and all went fine, ps4 still there.

qholYQk.jpg
HLaIJB3.jpg

@LannBetween you and I, we might be able to get the crew any car they want once they have access to the Vinewood Car Club. 
I’m glad I kept cars like the Asea and Washington. 
First car I will need from you will be that orange Entity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Con said:

Yes I did, it’s the God of War bundle. It arrives on Thursday. I’m already in possession of the gtav disc. Very excited now for this new generation of gaming, even if I really only play gtav. 

The profile transfer news came at the right time as I was just going to spend the $7M+ for the new cars and Avenger upgrades the next time I logged in. 

But now with the GTA+, I will save on the Avenger Terminal, Avenger upgrades, and even get a free Monstrociti. So I might as well wait before I buy anything. 

The same bundle as I got.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 6:42 AM, Con said:

I have a question. What did you guys do with your PS4s? You keeping it tor backup or giving it away. 

Moved my PS4 to my office.  Too useful to give away.  Like having a backup.  I have even joined a WOW or two from the office while "working."

• Like 3

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497