Railyard Shuffle

rumdig

Name: Railyard Shuffle

Category: Crew Created TDM

Date Added: 08/05/2014

Submitter: rumdig

Short Description: At this late of night...any engineer will do. Watch the track carefully and be careful of how you toot that horn

Created by rumdig

Link to add to game: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/7B9xd5CjbUCm38hkXhq9gA?platformId=2

Let me know what you think. Suggestions are always welcome

Edited by Casey

We had this in a PL recently. It's a really neat area and I think you did a good job with it. For me at least at start I had a hard time telling the "main areas" of this map because there's so many different little avenues and crevices you can explore here that it's pretty easy to wander outside of the intended map. Not sure if you can maybe add some props here and there to help "contain" the map, but not in a way that makes it feel "closed in".

People may very well not have an issue with that at all and it could very well just be me, I'm just adding my 2 cents. It's good overall though.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

We had this in a PL recently. It's a really neat area and I think you did a good job with it. For me at least at start I had a hard time telling the "main areas" of this map because there's so many different little avenues and crevices you can explore here that it's pretty easy to wander outside of the intended map. Not sure if you can maybe add some props here and there to help "contain" the map, but not in a way that makes it feel "closed in".

People may very well not have an issue with that at all and it could very well just be me, I'm just adding my 2 cents. It's good overall though.

I thought it had the same feel, too. I'll look into possibly quarantining the players  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I had the same ambiguity playing this, were people wandering or spawning out in the bus station area? 

The setting is good, the pickups and spawn points didn't seem to focus the intended play area though from what I could only guess was the play area.

I would say pick your area and distribute the spawn points and pickups evenly throughout that area, as symmetrically as possible in all directions although the area itself may not be symmetrical just keep them distributed logically to focus people in the intended area....then use the pickups to draw people into the desired area even more.

No need to "fence in" the entire area, if it is even possible, although if you can do it, then it will get the job done for sure.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 2

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Sweet deal HC. I think I was a little territory "greedy" when making this one. Just too much cool terrain that it could cover and I wanted to monopolize on that. I'll give it a redo it see how it works out.

Thanks again  

I'm jealous I never thought to make one here first :)

Instead I made a pretty sucky small one on the Rooftop Rumble roof down the street.

Industrial areas are super fertile for DM's

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Update:

Moved numerous spawn points, weapon pickups, and team start points in an effort to "contain" the fun. The area is much more defined now.

Thanks HC & G, again, for the great advice

Edited by rumdig

Awesome that another crew member made a TDM here too :) there are alot of good spots, especially the construction areas too. I made one as well on the rooftop under construction. Can't wait to get back on GTA to utilize some of the other construction areas

• Like 1