Artisticy work

Lann

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to tell with this one as the lobby kept kicking people, we had a couple of goes at it but just kept losing everyone.  

I think you could do with some props up top to stand on instead of the roof ledges (which are narrow on some of the buildings) and maybe more parachutes in case more than one spawns up top in the same place.

I would lose the RPG, there's no competition between that and a sticky bomb when you're face to face.

A few tweaks and this could be a fun DM  :D

• Like 1

I wasn't big on the spawning on the roof factor.  Plus, as Casey mentioned, more parachutes would be helpful if you do decide to keep roof spawning in the equation.

Also, I agree with Casey about the RPG.  It was just a little too much.  You definitely need some other type of weapon if you're going to keep them around though.

• Like 1

I didn't mind the roof spawning, it was quite fun trying to drop grenades on people :D Otherwise I agree with Casey and LN, more parachutes and maybe lose the RPG. Still had fun though from what I managed to play :)

• Like 1

smoggy1979.jpg

The Idea was good, bombing people is always fun, with the right timing you blow up 2 or 3 people, but  for me the spawning is an issue, and lack of other weapons, if you have  RPG's, you need more than one, to keep it fair, people need a choice. The spawning was hard because I didn't have a sniper or more bombs just a chute. I died more times trying to jump off the roof and pull my chute, the re-spawning shouldn't be frustrating, but this my thoughts. 

• Like 1

I died more times trying to jump off the roof and pull my chute, the re-spawning shouldn't be frustrating, but this my thoughts. 

This happened to me a couple of times as well

• Like 1

smoggy1979.jpg

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

The only reason for the prg was to create something to get players to the central part of the map, was a bit unsure about this and will remove it. A basic idea like sticky explosives DM needs to have no other weapons.

The spawnpoints on the roofs was a idea that it would be nice to chute down looking at the explosions, obviously not working well. Rather place the points on ground and switch the chutes to stickies.

Summary

• will remove RPG
  • will place spawnpoints on ground

The most is said Lann :)

But I really want to give you credit for creativity.

My biggest issue was that I believe I was waiting half of the match on parachutes, and when I got it I died while trying to jump down.

The other issue is also mentioned, the RPG is WAY overpowered.

But I see at your post that you have a plan for fixing it :)

• Like 1

Now spawning is street level only, and the RPG is gone.

Now i need to test and see if the actual gameplay with sticky explosives only is fun or just an interesting thought.

• Like 4

Hi lann,

Just to let you know.

Xyon had this in her playlist tonight and we all froze again, so that's all three times I've played it, all 3 times have frozen.  I wonder if the game just can't cope with that many explosions maybe?

You might want to test it again just to see. I seem to be the bearer of bad news for you lately don't I? 

Sorry!  :(

Well, that is no good. But I appreciate you letting me know, i dont want to be supplying creations that dont work well.

Must be the explosions, but the explosions is also what would make playing fun, so I will might remove this.

Interesting to see if this fireshow will suffer the safe fate; http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/2964-ring-of-fire/

Edited by lann3fors