Survive The Hunt - 18th November

AlexHat29

11 hours ago, Warriors-Ten said:

And also, how will we be able to distinguish between the other hunters? 

The hunters should be obvious, as they're the only ones running about like headless chickens 😁 (or they're chasing the Hunted, me for the first round)

They'll also be in a hunter only chat (probably game chat) with the Hunted using a party chat to not know what the hunters are saying

Edited by AlexHat29

Ah right okay that’s fine. Just thinking I don’t want to spend 50 minutes trying to chase @SkyeDave and then realise I’ve been chasing the wrong person. I’m that used to chasing around behind him on Wednesday nights it’s just a habit now 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warriors-Ten said:

Ah right okay that’s fine. Just thinking I don’t want to spend 50 minutes trying to chase @SkyeDave and then realise I’ve been chasing the wrong person. I’m that used to chasing around behind him on Wednesday nights it’s just a habit now 😂

Don't lie, you never get close enough to see who's behind the wheel!!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

17 minutes ago, zmurko said:

How many rounds are you planning to do? Just one or several?

I have another PL to attend 1 hour after the start, so can only stay for 1 round (48mins).

Depends on how many people stay after the first one, but at least two I'd have thought. Two rounds is about as long as a usual Wednesday night playlist

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zmurko said:

Oh yeah, didn't even consider that 1 round could easily be just a few short minutes affair. 😁

Cool, I can stay for almost 1 hour.

Yeah, knowing Alex it probably will be over quickly when he crashes into one of us 😝

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jobbo said:

Yeah, knowing Alex it probably will be over quickly

Premature Alexulation?

• Haha 6

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, zmurko said:

Cheers for organizing the event @AlexHat29, had to leave after round 1.

Interesting experience, had no clue what was going on or how to even approach the hunt. 😂

Wish I knew that and we could have patrolled together. Next time we doing it. 
Thanks for hosting !!! It was fun, too bad we had a crew playlist and couldn’t hang for another round. 
I helped find Alex but although I had my option for name overhead off, when I got close to Alex, I saw his name. Is there an option I do not know about to prevent that?  I’ll post the footage in a few later as my laptop is being used at the moment. 

Edited by Con

Yeah, defo good fun all round. Nearly got Alex in the first round, somehow survived the second round after some close calls (video uploading) and if it adnlt of been for my stupid targeting settings I would of had Stappo in the third!!!

@Con the overhead name is in Pause>Online>Settings/Options, not the standard visual settings menu for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah a couple of tweaks to make it easier for the hunters and it'll be a cracking event.

I'd be up for hosting again in the future if people would be up for it? I'll have a think about how to improve the hunting, rather than randomly driving round finding spooked AI..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexHat29 said:

Yeah a couple of tweaks to make it easier for the hunters and it'll be a cracking event.

I'd be up for hosting again in the future if people would be up for it? I'll have a think about how to improve the hunting, rather than randomly driving round finding spooked AI..

While I loved missing work to be able to attend, if you set it up for the weekend next time, I will be there nice and early. 

I've played Survive the Hunt with our crew twice and the one thing that really helped the Hunters was making sure the Hunted could not change clothes. At the start the Hunted would show us what they are wearing and that helps tremendously when we can focus on just one shirt color when checking out the suspicious drivers. 

Also, having a few designated people in the air that can be on the mic helps a lot. Set it up so a few people go up in the air for 10 mins and then someone else goes up. 

I also did not hear when the "Location Announcement" were made, what I mean is, I thought every five minutes, the lobby would be informed where the Hunter is at that moment. I could only hear 3-4 people on the mic so if more people were speaking, i'd like to be able to hear everyone next time.

• Like 1

Sorry I did not know about the other Name Overhead Display setting so it kind of wasn't fair to Alex when we come across him. Although, Cat was hot on his trail for sure. Next time i know about the setting and I wont be late to the lobby and can adjust my settings in time.

It sounded like there were quite a few people with voice chat set to crew or friends only - as hunters we really didn't communicate very well when spotting the hunted 😄

Good fun; seeing Catman's video makes me realise how difficult it was to spot the hunted because I'm in a couple of the early clips.  Just hooning around hoping to see the hunted doesn't work at all well, clearly!  It doesn't necessarily need to be made much easier for the hunters if we were a bit better at it...

9 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

Yeah, defo good fun all round. Nearly got Alex in the first round, somehow survived the second round after some close calls (video uploading) and if it adnlt of been for my stupid targeting settings I would of had Stappo in the third!!!

@Con the overhead name is in Pause>Online>Settings/Options, not the standard visual settings menu for some reason.

b*lls, i was parked in the middle of that intersection (3rd clip i think) as i was trying to see if anything looked out of place - actually thought the car in front of you was you but then everyone panicked, well played there.

The clip near the arena, you were unlucky with the brake lights as they didnt show on my screen but the 3 in front did.  Completely missed your turn onto the highway though.

1 hour ago, Wilkibob said:

b*lls, i was parked in the middle of that intersection (3rd clip i think) as i was trying to see if anything looked out of place - actually thought the car in front of you was you but then everyone panicked, well played there.

The clip near the arena, you were unlucky with the brake lights as they didnt show on my screen but the 3 in front did.  Completely missed your turn onto the highway though.

Lol, yeah all the npcs started panicking and I though f*ck it, I'll use this as cover. And I did wonder where you'd gone when I pulled onto the highway, you were right behind me all the way before that