The Last of Us 2 - "Clickin' Ain't Easy"

Con

TLOU2

Feature: This Is What Happens When a Video Game Leaks

Started playing it yesterday and it's been mostly what I expected...cannot wait to get into more of the creepier locations!! I'm waiting for my stream export and ill post it here and discuss my adventures here since I didn't see a thread for it. 

I stopped playing yesterday at the start of the incident that has some people HATING the game so much, that they gave the game a 1/5, to hell with game play, the emotional toll over

a video game character is too much for some.

I can't wait to resume the adventure so I guess that is a good thing...

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• Fido_le_muet

• CatManDoza

• zztop911

I'd love to keep up to date, but I'm staying well away from anything possible spoiler ish until I get my hands on the game.

I had it down as a day one purchase, but things happen and that didnt happen!

• Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

I'd love to keep up to date, but I'm staying well away from anything possible spoiler ish until I get my hands on the game.

I had it down as a day one purchase, but things happen and that didnt happen!

Well now you have a place to share your immediate thoughts once you get it. 

6 minutes ago, Con said:

Well now you have a place to share your immediate thoughts once you get it. 

Once ps store knock then price down I'll be here

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey and TLOU 2 is already in the PS4. Will start the adventure in the next couple days. Can't wait ! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

TLOU 2 is already in the PS4. Will start the adventure in the next couple days. Can't wait ! 

You know something, I was wondering why you were quiet about the game as I had heard you were the first in the crew to get it...lmao...my dumb *ss was speculating that you were hating it cause of "The L*sbians Own Us 2" critic absurdity. I mean one dude on YT has like 30 videos hating on the game and I get it, I was disappointed with The Predator (2018) movie storyline's direction, but I didn't say that anything shown in that movie was going to bring down society. 😄 Cannot wait to compare notes on our journeys.

Edited by Con
  • Haha 2

Spoilers obviously:  

I apologize at 30:00, when my wife wakes up and needs her leg rubbed...so its a bit slow. 

If you FF to 1:21:31...you'd say, well that was easy....LMAO...but if you watch what came before that, you'd call me a dumb *ss.  In my defense, the fuggin thing said it was locked...why would i suppose it only applied partially? LMFAO!!! 

• Like 1

Just  left Jackson following that moment from your vid @Con.

Man that game. It's as good as I hoped so far. Fantastic storytelling! 

Also couldn't care less about the kiss. Love is good. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

The kiss isn’t what has some fans really angry, it’s that other thing but I mean, storytellers tell stories and owe nothing to anyone regarding the worlds they create. I think more people are coming around to what actually matters, the gameplay, and reviews are improving daily. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

And I was reminded last night on YT about the CAMERA MODE!!!! I will put it to use tonight and start a Photo Thread!! 

7 hours ago, Con said:

The kiss isn’t what has some fans really angry, it’s that other thing but I mean, storytellers tell stories and owe nothing to anyone regarding the worlds they create. I think more people are coming around to what actually matters, the gameplay, and reviews are improving daily. 

That other thing being the thing about Joel? 

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

I'm planning to get this game, too. The first one took me a minute to complete 'cause I'm chickensh*t, but the story and adventure was so good. I've avoided all spoilers, too.. although I was tempted to watch your game play, @Con

1 hour ago, punkbish85 said:

I've avoided all spoilers, too.. although I was tempted to watch your game play, @Con

If you played the 1st one and plan on playing Part 2 , I’d say hold off until you can play it. I myself have stayed away from videos cause I don’t want to spoil any surprises like new characters and great combat moments. I’m just arriving to Seattle and things have been too quiet. I don’t want to spoil what is coming next.

• Like 1

5h30 in.

Huge spoiler incoming, do not read unless you've played the game and reached the Seattle portion (up to Serevaya).

Spoiler

LAST WARNING !

Spoiler

So after the introduction around Jackson and the part about Joel being killed by Abby, Ellie (with Dina) reach Seattle to enact her revenge. What I loved was that we got to play Abby for a brief moment. I didn't know what to make of her at first but after finding out that she was the one who ended up killing Joel... Whoa, cool thing to do Naughty Dog. Surprised me there. I like to be surprised when playing my video games. 

So Abby, after being saved by Joel and Tommy, double crosses them and kills Joel in front of Ellie ! Oh girl you know it's on and it's not gonna end well for you. Ellie's got that look in her eyes. 

Quick note about Joel and Ellie's relationship. At the end of the first one, Joel saves Ellie but lies to her about her immunity, tells her the Fireflies found many other immune people but couldn't find a cure. 4 years later, they seem to have grown apart a little bit. They seem a bit distant. Joel doesn't seem to know how to behave with Ellie, probably feeling some guilt about the way he handled things with her 4 years before. But the two of them still care for each other very much after all they went through crossing the US the last time. So naturally Ellie comes looking for him the second something feels off. 

Dina is a great sidekick. Sidekick is not fair cause she has her own personnality and even if she's not as fleshed out as Ellie, we still get something out of her. Her emotions are very well done, like Ellie's and it's wonderful to see on screen. It's almost like a movie. Great great direction. I love it just like I loved the first game. It's more a story than a game. 

Onto Seattle now. The city is beautiful. I'm a little disturbed by how much nature has come back in this huge urbanized area. I think it may be too much after 7 years but who knows. I'm comparing to Pripyat, Ukraine and it doesn't seem like what we see ingame. There's also a lot of destruction and at first I thought :"No way nature did that". And thankfully it's explained during the visit of Downtown by ingame dialogue. There was a lot of fighting between FEDRA (US government) and the WLF (Washington Liberation Front militia), including a lot of bombing to kill hordes of infected and conveniently, a lot of rebels as well. So Seattle is ruined but it's still gorgeous. And it's pretty faithful to the real life city and that's very important to me as a geography buff. To me it's part of the immersion. I hate when RL locations are botched like Paris in some COD mission or many others in many games. Here it's pretty well done. And thanks to the city being ruined, the level designers can take a bit more liberties cause it's harder to figure out where you are. Smart. 

I don't know how much of Seatlle we're gonna visit in this game but I guess we're gonna end up at the main landmarks seen in the Seattle map in the game. We'll see, currently, I'm almost at the TV station. Also, Dina threw up at some point. She said it was because of the dead horse and the smell of death but I think something else is up. We'll see...

Alright no more spoilers for now. 

I love this game. 

• Like 1

@Fido_le_muet million thanks for blessing the thread with that post!!! I played last night and I’m also in Seattle, I just escaped the school and now am looking for higher ground to camp for the night according to Dina.  When I get home I’ll read your post more throughly and discuss.

Oh and look what I found in the office today....

Hvt1CEn.jpg?1

LMAO.

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

I have 200+ parts and cannot find a damn work bench. lmao. Anyways, the game is just getting gooder and we are learning more about the characters but honestly, I dont care...I just want to play survive this universe. I dont care who was dating who at the clicker picnic last year. lol. I will immerse into story on my second playthrough where I will use the strategy guides and tips. 

So another 2h30 of game time today. I'm now at the beginning if the 2nd day in Seattle. 

Went through the TV station and then met the shamblers... That was a cool sequence though, very tense. 

And then through the metro and into the theater for a nice revelation to advance the plot. Can't wait to go back in tomorrow. 

The flashback sequence was awesome. Very touching and interesting for the evolution of Ellie's state of mind regarding the Fireflies and her own immunity. 

@Con I'm going all in with the story on my first playthrough. I'm trying for maximum immersion as if I was Ellie. No running unless necessary, searching every room, saving ammo and resources... 

PS: Hey I didn't check that fire truck downtown! Nice axe! 

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

Side note : just realised the game takes place in 2038! That explains the amount of vegetation taking over the world. 

Outbreak Day was September 2013.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

So another 2h30 of game time today. I'm now at the beginning if the 2nd day in Seattle. 

Went through the TV station and then met the shamblers... That was a cool sequence though, very tense. 

And then through the metro and into the theater for a nice revelation to advance the plot. Can't wait to go back in tomorrow. 

The flashback sequence was awesome. Very touching and interesting for the evolution of Ellie's state of mind regarding the Fireflies and her own immunity. 

@Con I'm going all in with the story on my first playthrough. I'm trying for maximum immersion as if I was Ellie. No running unless necessary, searching every room, saving ammo and resources... 

PS: Hey I didn't check that fire truck downtown! Nice axe! 

So you are just a bit ahead of me it looks like since I don't think i have met the Shamblers yet. Im just leaving that area outside the school, you know, the one where that plastic bag was floating in the air? I just cleared that area and I wasnt loving this game at first but im starting to love it. I love that I can choose multiple paths to achieve my goal. Take last night, I accidentally got ahead and encountered WLF. So I retreated back to where I came from and as I was going back I hear the clear sounds of someone being eaten alive. I then found myself near a gas station and more WLF but as i lay there prone in the high grass, avoiding detection, those screams and growls I heard before now were getting closer and the WLF started yelling...."Infected incoming.." and it was so tense. What do i do? lay there? will the WLF or the Clicker see me first? If the Clicker attacks will it give me enough time to make it into the garage? it was such a simple cool moment and once the clickers were gone, I still had to dispatch several WLF. 

I have also made it a point to explore...what I meant by not immersing in story was like not reading all the letters and notes fully...just getting the clues from them like gate codes, etc...im not rushing through areas, im just not stopping to chat with Dina.

4 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Side note : just realised the game takes place in 2038! That explains the amount of vegetation taking over the world. 

Outbreak Day was September 2013.

That makes sense. I love when nature reclaims what is hers. I think nature always reverses itself and is why I think we have bad moments in real life. Anyways, glad I have someone to talk to about the game right now. I'm still horrible at managing that weapon wheel, especially when fighting for my life. lol. 

I titled last nights stream...."Clickless in Seattle"....can you stand it? Can ya? i amuse myself. lmao. Ill post as soon as the exports are done. The second video is the one with the gas station fun.

Here is what happened before all that...

Edited by Con

Oh and I FINALLY upgraded some weapons. I had like 250 parts. LMAO. And I found a craft bench at that gas station, except stupid *ss me  thought that the game PAUSES while you are working on crafting the weapons....but NOPE. As you will see in the video below. lmao

Anyway here is the latest video of my adventure...

So i was looking at my previous posts and noticed that i mention not seeing the craft benches at all. Then I see that cover image of that map and see the HUGE wrench drawing...probably indicating where the crafting table/bench is....LMAO. 

Edited by Con

3 hours ago, Con said:

Llast night, I accidentally got ahead and encountered WLF. So I retreated back to where I came from and as I was going back I hear the clear sounds of someone being eaten alive. I then found myself near a gas station and more WLF but as i lay there prone in the high grass, avoiding detection, those screams and growls I heard before now were getting closer and the WLF started yelling...."Infected incoming.." and it was so tense. What do i do? lay there? will the WLF or the Clicker see me first? If the Clicker attacks will it give me enough time to make it into the garage? it was such a simple cool moment and once the clickers were gone, I still had to dispatch several WLF. 

^^^ This is so true. I had the same kind of thing happen to me today. I sent clickers against WLF and it was glorious ! The screams ! People running all over the place. The WLF guys were talking to each other and you could hear them stop and scream in pain as they were being killed one by one by the infected. That was a real WOW moment. Brilliant sequence and I love that I chose to handle this part this way, it wasn't forced on me. I could have done things differently but I don't regret pitting clickers vs WLF. It was awesome. 

About the work bench : that happened to me as well in the gas station. I didn't clear it first and went straight for the bench and a minute later I hear Dina say : "On your left!" And there was that guy shooting at me ! I tried to fight back but the sound attracted a couple clickers and... Now I clear every building first. Should have done it earlier as it is more realistic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

^^^ This is so true. I had the same kind of thing happen to me today. I sent clickers against WLF and it was glorious ! The screams ! People running all over the place. The WLF guys were talking to each other and you could hear them stop and scream in pain as they were being killed one by one by the infected. That was a real WOW moment. Brilliant sequence and I love that I chose to handle this part this way, it wasn't forced on me. I could have done things differently but I don't regret pitting clickers vs WLF. It was awesome. 

About the work bench : that happened to me as well in the gas station. I didn't clear it first and went straight for the bench and a minute later I hear Dina say : "On your left!" And there was that guy shooting at me ! I tried to fight back but the sound attracted a couple clickers and... Now I clear every building first. Should have done it earlier as it is more realistic. 

Yeah thats why i said, I like how it feels that there is more than one way to approach every encounter. This game in VR would be a treat. BUt i guess it would be like all the other VR survival but i think the sounds would be great in VR. One of the things i liked about Arizona Sunshine was listening out for the Freddies. 

I usually clear all the buildings too but sometimes I freak out cause I dont want to launch a cutscene and miss stuff I cant go back to...like certain doors or gates closing up, that kind of thing. Someone has been watching my late night streams, so whoever you are, thanks for keeping me company while playing, it does make me feel better that someone else is sharing the horror. lmao. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

I absolutely loved the wire traps!!! Too bad Dina lets me know about that first one real late! lmao. My headphone volume was up all the way cause I wanted to hear everything....and I did...unexpectedly. Pretty sure my wife felt me jump. So good. Anyways here we are on the search for the TV Studio cause Ellie has a show idea called...."Clickers Got Talent!!!" hahahah i f*cking amuse myself. 

Oh and look at what I found in the office today....

6Sk6kwx.jpg?1

And no, I did not play "Take On Me" on it........this time. 

7pY4Wcc.jpg?1

LMAO.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1