Bumper cars

zmurko

Few of us ended up driving into each other in the street with Pantos yesterday and it felt very similar to bumper cars:

bumper-cars1.jpg

So I went into the creator and made this job, similar to the Demo derby DM.

BUMPER CARS

"Pick your bumper car aka Panto, available in 16 colors, enter the marked arena and have some fun. You might have to fight for your favourite color though. Photo stands available around the arena for the 'losers'.!"

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/tFcCmdgFAESTzeCLfU8TvQ?platformId=2

It will need to be tested ingame with a few of us before it can be used properly, hopefully we can try it soon.

I do have one question for the experienced DM creators regarding a serious glitch during the Creator Test. Despite all the spawn points (48 of them) and team starting points (16 of them) being around the dedicated arena, everyone but me spawned somewhere else in the city. Don't know if this is a known glitch in the creator or have I missed something obvous in the creator?

Edit: question answered and re-spawn points fixed

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

Hell yeah, outta be a fun one here.

As for the spawn points, check your map in the creator. If you notice a single spawn point in some random location (typically in the city) then you'll have to use the delete all function to remove every Spawn point and start over. Its a major pain in the arse

Edited by rumdig

It may be a problem in this case, but I usually just spawn some sweet super car right next to it and let them drive back to the DM. I have not hearf of anyone actually spawning there though.

Dodgeservice.png

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll first see if it fixes the problem in the Test mode if I just delete and re-do spawn points in the creator or I'll get few of us in the evening to test it out in the real world.

EDIT: Deleting all spawn points (twice!) and re-doing them helped, no more weird spawning, even in the creator Test. Job is now ready to be tested and used in real world. :)

Edited by zmurko76
  • Like 2

Yup, I've had this same issue starting in the last DM I made (started after the High Life update for me - all others were fine). I did that same process at least a dozen times and haven't succeeded once so I've kind of stepped away from that creator.

OT sounds like fun.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll first see if it fixes the problem in the Test mode if I just delete and re-do spawn points in the creator or I'll get few of us in the evening to test it out in the real world.

EDIT: Deleting all spawn points (twice!) and re-doing them helped, no more weird spawning, even in the creator Test. Job is now ready to be tested and used in real world. :)

Sounds fun!

When are you doing the Test run Zmurko??

Played this a couple times, still very fun.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Glad everyone's enjoying themselves with this job. It's probably the only good use of a Panto: having some silly fun with it, as I can't race with it without serious issues.

Btw, if anyone has any suggestions for this job, don't hesitate to come forward. I'll try to include them in the job. For instance, would you prefer even higher photo stands, should arena be bigger/smaller, are you missing anything else, ...?

add something to the description about the photo stands , a few ppl were like hey "wtf are these" lol makes complete sense when you know what it is haha but dude we had an absolute killer time with this one last night pretty sure we blew up two of the bumpercars by the end of the 10 min

Future is nothing but a series of probability

It is unclear to me if the respawn point bug has been fixed or not......but here is how to avoid it until we know for sure.

Drop all respawn points first....can be done in sky view or character view, but DO NOT enter the Team Start Points (TSP) section of the menu before you are finished.

Once you drop the last respawn point, enter character view BEFORE you enter the TSP menu option. Do not click on TSP while still in sky view. 

***Take note....you cannot climb objects while in charcter view and the placement menu is open...so if you need to drop TSP's someplace that requires climbing, start with those TSP's first then jump/fall down to do the rest.***

Drop all TSP's in character view, do not switch back to sky view while the TSP menu is open. Once finished, close TSP menu, placement menu, then test. I go into the test directly from character view. I recommend you do the same. I do not know if you can safely go back to sky view once you have exited the menus or not, but this way works, so I never tried.

Done

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

It is unclear to me if the respawn point bug has been fixed or not......but here is how to avoid it until we know for sure.

Drop all respawn points first....can be done in sky view or character view, but DO NOT enter the Team Start Points (TSP) section of the menu before you are finished.

Once you drop the last respawn point, enter character view BEFORE you enter the TSP menu option. Do not click on TSP while still in sky view.

***Take note....you cannot climb objects while in charcter view and the placement menu is open...so if you need to drop TSP's someplace that requires climbing, start with those TSP's first then jump/fall down to do the rest.***

Drop all TSP's in character view, do not switch back to sky view while the TSP menu is open. Once finished, close TSP menu, placement menu, then test. I go into the test directly from character view. I recommend you do the same. I do not know if you can safely go back to sky view once you have exited the menus or not, but this way works, so I never tried.

Done

The things we must do to bypass R* screwups ... :rolleyes:

Issues with respawn points have been fixed on this job, but thanks for the tip HC, should come handy when creating future jobs.

add something to the description about the photo stands , a few ppl were like hey "wtf are these" lol makes complete sense when you know what it is haha but dude we had an absolute killer time with this one last night pretty sure we blew up two of the bumpercars by the end of the 10 min

I assume that only those that havent read the description were going WTF. :P (photo stands have been in the description from the beginning ;) )

Only 10min? Ha, we usually go for 20 or even 30, once most of the cars are blown up (or not, they can take a lot of beating) we end the party with a mixure of frogger and bare knuckles fight. :D

Edited by zmurko76

• 11 months later...

This certainly felt like bumper cars, but you're right, Z - these little buggers won't blow up in 10 minutes. It''s immense fun, though, even if no one blows up. Love it!

• Like 1