Tik Tok...Are you on it?

Hey everyone thanks for clicking on the topic. Im asking what you know about Tik Tok the video app, especially if you use it, I just want to know how it works and do you like it. I want to start recording the Film Club wheel drawing LIVE! I think it would be so much fun to have people tune in for the live thing. So if you think Tik Tok would work for that...drop me a line or if you want to share your Tik Tok, just paste the link in here. Thanks. 

I heard (please forgive as internet rumours will follow)...

TikTok is a tool used by the Chinese Government to get a strong hold on social media worldwide rather than just domestically.

They are pumping millions into its advertising in the west to help this happen. There are also ‘examples’ of it being controlled to promote certain subjects whilst holding back others, as well as the promotion of ‘good looking users’ whilst suppressing ‘ugly users’.

Fact:  I don’t care what you use as long is it can be embedded in a post here 👍

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

6 minutes ago, Con said:

I dont know what the Chinese government will learn from my spinning the nasty wheel thang -----but more power to them. lol. 

Obviously they want to influence film club...

Rumour has it they wanted Blue Ruin this month 😉

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Obviously they want to influence film club...

In their defense, the Wuhan Film Club was scandalous this year. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have tiktok on my phone, but its purely for keeping the kids entertained when I need them to shut the f*ck up at any point. 

Also excellent use of a Wayne's world gif. I approve

• Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I see ppl on insta doing weird dancing with the tik tok water mark showing, I assumed its for preteen's.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:04 PM, Sinister said:

Tik Tok?

giphy.gif

After ditching that cancerous facebook stuff I have sworn off all social media platforms.

DUH!!!!! ALWAYS too much drama comes from that crap. It's not a question of "IF", it's a question of "WHEN" that shoe will drop!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Nearly HALF of their user base is 16-24. 

That should tell you all you need to know.

Also this little nugget.

In March 2020, internal documents leaked to The Intercept revealed that moderators had been instructed to suppress posts created by users deemed "too ugly, poor, or disabled" for the platform

14 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

@Con you can post videos on Imgur. 

Not sure. I think you can but you have to have an account or probably pay for the service. Im not sure. 

All im trying to do is go LIVE with the Film Club wheel...lmao...i dont have FB which would have been the easier way to go, and I had heard about this Tik Tok video app. Oh well, f*ck it, people just gonna have to trust me that I dont manipulate the results in any way. 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Con said:

I'm downloading Tik Tok later....I will share why later cause I just want to do some debunking research first. 

Is it safe to say that most of you are still avoiding it?

Not for me... not that any other social media is ‘better’.

46 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Not for me... not that any other social media is ‘better’.

I learned about a ghost filter or Reality Ripple Effect and I want to scare my wife so I hope the shapes or "ghosts" users are seeing are manufactured by the app at random. Just downloaded the app! I hope we have ghosts at work. I always thought the hallway to the bathroom was haunted. lol

This is what im talking about..

Edited by Con

13 minutes ago, Con said:

I learned about a ghost filter or Reality Ripple Effect and I want to scare my wife so I hope the shapes or "ghosts" users are seeing are manufactured by the app at random. 

This is what im talking about..

Careful Con... you might get s*cked into a whole new world 😂

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Careful Con... you might get s*cked into a whole new world 😂

hahahah...oh I hope so. Tired of this one that I didnt even ask to be a part of...I've had two opinions from people who have used it. One said it was just random filter prank and another person said, they took it to a cemetery and are never going back to use it there again. Now im more intrigued than ever. The t-shirt company manager next door offered their warehouse as she has always believed its haunted. I personally think all the chemicals they use probably makes them feel things that arent actually happening. Kind of like when you walk into a room where the electromagnetic energy is strong. 

@Con what if you find out there are several souls/ghosts/(whatever you want to call it) living in your house... will you be able to live in it ? Will your wife? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

@Con what if you find out there are several souls/ghosts/(whatever you want to call it) living in your house... will you be able to live in it ? Will your wife? 

Don't worry, i'll be friendly. They start haunting, ill start blaring Death Metal in every room, they'll have to move out. Plus if we have some, i will find it odd that they waited until i got the tik tok app to start messing with us. Kind of like the ghosts that sit around and wait for people to buy Ouija boards, cause they never seem to move Monopoly game pieces. I'm doing an experiment to figure out how the app makes you think there is a figure there. ill share anything i find. 

Edited by Con

Update:

No ghosts in my house. Have not visited a cemetery but if i remember, I will on the way home. 

My suspicion is that the app records the first "figure-like images" it makes and then flashes them on a much later date. So I have a small collection of those and if i ever see something appear, I will cross reference it and see if my theory is correct. 

The tshirt company next door said they always hear noises in one of their storage rooms, so i charged them a Pepsi to see what I could find and nothing showed up. So they have some piece of mind....for now.

Edited by Con