Why aren't my Jobs getting played?!

Dodge

I'm with SS, it's not about being a 'like-whore' it's about having your content looked at, and critiqued by experienced creators so you can see where to change and improve things so it's good enough to put out into the general public.

I can also see how it could annoy those who've spent a lot of time promoting their own stuff, not everyone has the time and/or confidence to do that. Surely we, as a crew, should help and support one another?

I also understand the frustration of seeing creators getting 'added' and 'great looking track' etc on their creations. Also, if you do play a creation, why not take a moment to add a comment to the creators topic (good or bad)?

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• ssracingn2

• Pb76

I like the idea of our new "approved content" thread, however, IMHO it will not include those lesser played jobs that were being sought in the first place. Its back to the original issue of having the CREATOR submit their own jobs.

I'm thinking along the lines of something just the opposite. What if we run the lesser played jobs and provide feedback/criticism in an effort to get them improved? For example, last night I ran a 10 race playlist (alone...for various reasons) consisting of races that have never been played, ever. What I found is that every one of them needed some sort of modification (IMO), obviously some more than others. The best part... of those 10 races I found 4 to be VERY enjoyable and, with a few tweaks, would likely be enjoyed by many. During each race I looked for issues that would cause either confusion, boredom, etc and noted each instance.

I guess the question is, if these jobs are ran and criticised, will the creator be willing to modify the creation? A few of the names are people whom I haven't seen in awhile but I suspect are lurking somewhere. I almost want to make a thread in which people (likely NOT the creator) post the non played jobs and it gets criticised from there.

Sorry for the rambling, its often hard to maintain a train of thought when typing on a little phone :-)

• Like 2

I like the idea of running these jobs. The hope is that new content will make onto the forum knowing, not hoping, that it will be played.

The Creator Forum is already a good place to start. Im sure some of the jobs listed there have slipped through the cracks already. Search through those jobs, and see what we can get played, while we are waiting for people to start posting jobs for approval.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Consider this my last comment because I have seen more than enough passive aggressive stuff and I have reached my limit.

I am all for helping others but if only if they wish to help themselves first - if I can't let them know that their race isn't great then what am I to do, keep on hosting it?

If they don't fix the broken CP's, should I keep hosting it?

If a DM is a spawn kill fest, should I host that too?

And I guess you want me to host a DM which is rigged too?

I'd rather have the truth as it comes, instead of the watered down version, so lets begin to tell the truth here instead of directing comments around and hoping they reach the intended target.

What I'm not happy about is passive aggressive comments being used to tell certain creators that the PL host won't be hosting their jobs, I'm not bothered as I will host my stuff myself but how childish and pathetic is that?

Maybe these jobs get hosted a lot because they are good, ever considered that?

Dodge, your stuff gets played so why have you posted this and also took sides on this matter?

Maybe I'm wrong but IMO this thread was created by the wrong person and it seems to be used to direct a 'message' to other creators, all because their jobs aren't getting played.

That's absolute BS man, like the comment says - "Host them your damn self"

If that line above is the true answer, then this thread is useless but somehow I suspect that "Host them your damn self" theory will only apply to some creators from XDBX and this thread will continue to try and get stuff hosted when the answer is here all along - "Host them your damn self".

Way to go on creating a huge divide and exiling a few members, PL's will have even less attendance now but at least we know what to do to get our jobs played - XDBX obviously isn't the answer now that this thread seems to have gathered so much 'steam', if I have to play with randoms all day then so be it, I've done it before and I'll do it again.

Dragging the names of the 'group of creators' through the dirt was a low-down move but it is what it is.

Consider this my last comment because I have seen more than enough passive aggressive stuff and I have reached my limit.

I am all for helping others but if only if they wish to help themselves first - if I can't let them know that their race isn't great then what am I to do, keep on hosting it?

If they don't fix the broken CP's, should I keep hosting it?

If a DM is a spawn kill fest, should I host that too?

And I guess you want me to host a DM which is rigged too?

I'd rather have the truth as it comes, instead of the watered down version, so lets begin to tell the truth here instead of directing comments around and hoping they reach the intended target.

What I'm not happy about is passive aggressive comments being used to tell certain creators that the PL host won't be hosting their jobs, I'm not bothered as I will host my stuff myself but how childish and pathetic is that?

Maybe these jobs get hosted a lot because they are good, ever considered that?

Dodge, your stuff gets played so why have you posted this and also took sides on this matter?

Maybe I'm wrong but IMO this thread was created by the wrong person and it seems to be used to direct a 'message' to other creators, all because their jobs aren't getting played.

That's absolute BS man, like the comment says - "Host them your damn self"

If that line above is the true answer, then this thread is useless but somehow I suspect that "Host them your damn self" theory will only apply to some creators from XDBX and this thread will continue to try and get stuff hosted when the answer is here all along - "Host them your damn self".

Way to go on creating a huge divide and exiling a few members, PL's will have even less attendance now but at least we know what to do to get our jobs played - XDBX obviously isn't the answer now that this thread seems to have gathered so much 'steam', if I have to play with randoms all day then so be it, I've done it before and I'll do it again.

Dragging the names of the 'group of creators' through the dirt was a low-down move but it is what it is.

Did I miss something?

On 2 occasions there were comments made about about PL's not featuring the more played jobs which said - promote your own jobs as I will not put them in my PL's.

Host them your damn self.

As I was the only person disagreeing - It goes without saying who the comments were directed at (denial incoming).

Like I said though, I don't care.

Playing a job with the crew can only build up so much audience, the creator will still have to host it publicly and that's where they have failed in the past, resulting in low plays.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Personally, I don't care how many plays or likes my stuff gets, my intended audience is the crew. I want my stuff played so I can get feedback to improve it for the next time it's played.

If it's thumbs downed I'd like to know why.

Personally, I don't care how many plays or likes my stuff gets, my intended audience is the crew. I want my stuff played so I can get feedback to improve it for the next time it's played.

Same here but next stop has to be the public GTAO community, otherwise once the crew has played it a few times it will be forgotten and it will go stale.

HC and Rev do this almost daily, they will log on and host their jobs one by one publicly (or PL).

Do you think Rev's Cunning Stunts got in the top 150 GTAO races because he got a crew to host it?

No, he put a lot of hard work into it and hosted it hundreds or thousands of times, but if others can't put any work into getting their jobs out there then what can they expect?

It seems like people are saying - "help me, my job has low plays".

Yeah, posting a thread will make the plays rise.

All of the members affected by their jobs not getting played have had so much time to host them, even within the time this thread has been live - yet they are still not hosting their jobs but still complaining in the thread.

There are millions of GTAO players out there just waiting to be invited to your race, DM or whatever but focusing on a crew of 113 to play it just seems way off the mark to me, maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I haven't created anything. However my opinion is if I did, and wanted it played, liked, whatever, I would host it. HC has created a ton of stuff, the reason I know about them and have played them, is because he hosts them. They show up on playlists because they are good, and the hosts know they are good so they add them. I only recall one from DC showing up in a playlist, it was hard, and another DNF to add to my record, it was great! I think this topic would have been received better by asking how to improve members creations so they get played, rather than complaning that they are not.

Edited by Morbyd_666
  • Like 3

I haven't created anything. However my opinion is if I did, and wanted it played, liked, whatever, I would host it. HC has created a ton of stuff, the reason I know about them and have played them, is because he hosts them. They show up on playlists because they are good, and the hosts know they are good so they add them. I only recall one from DC showing up in a playlist, it was hard, and another DNF to add to my record, it was great! I think this topic would have been received better by asking how to improve members creations so they get played, rather than complaning they they are not.

Quite right.

Finally someone who speaks sense and someone who's opinion isn't based on the fact that they are not hosting their own jobs as they should do.

I'm glad you notice that I don't just use my own races in my PL's but there are some who only use their own jobs or the jobs from their friends, of course that's not a problem for them.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Hmm, I've read the entire thread and don't really see what all the fuss is about, except for couple of akward comments. I've found most of the conversation pretty constructive with valid points.

DC89 is probably just upset from the very start as he was probably wrongly put in the so called 'group' of creators when he's only published 3 jobs so far (all great jobs btw). Probably a reason why he might take any awkward comment more personally and read too much into it. That's how I see it.

Hopefully noone is upset beacuse some of the well respected and known members get a lot of plays, its only natural people will be joining them. But its also true that they wont keep joining them if the job sucks and is not enjoyable, no matter how known and respected they are. Its pretty simple, they must also be doing something right to have their jobs constantly put in PLs.

But I can honestly see everyone's good intentions here. Put some of the rep/muscle jobs in the PLs and see if we can find some more fun jobs. If the job sucks, drop it and forget about it.

But creators must at least show some initiative and post their jobs in the creator forum and be prepared to recieve feedback (good or bad).

I swear I try EVERY race that gets posted in the Creator forum (even ones that don't and just appear on RSC, where I sort them by date).

If I find it fun or interesting/challenging, I'll leave a positive comment, if I dont find it fun and it has no potential of being fun I'll simply forget about it and ignore it.

If the creator is also showing initiative of perhaps improving their job or just asking for help and feedback I'll try and do my best to leave some feedback (if I have any).

I'll admit, I do have a hard time telling people their work sucks, so I usually don't say anything. Perhaps that's why some of the jobs dont  get any replies, as people dont wanna hurt creators feelings, dunno.

I have a lot of bookmarked races that I like from different members (not just from 'the group'). I host them regularly or at least occasionaly, depending how much I like them.

There is a lack of jobs being hosted though, as I only get invites on my phone from only a handful of people, so get out there, load up your job and host it.

You'd be surprised how many are bored and just waiting to get an invite to something.

Edit: i hope all my rambling makes any sense, sometimes its hard to get exact point across in english.

Edited by zmurko76
  • Like 2

I host playlists of predominantly my jobs, that's how I get my stuff played. I see that Friends host each others jobs too. My advice would be to get posting in the forums, get to know the crew well, build up a network who will test your jobs with you, offer advice etc.

If someone I know little about invites me to a created job, I probably won't join (would you?)

There is a lack of jobs being hosted though, as I only get invites on my phone from only a handful of people, so get out there, load up your job and host it.

You'd be surprised how many are bored and just waiting to get an invite to something.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, they don't host their jobs, it's the same people hosting and they are the players getting their jobs played while the rest sit back and expect it to be done for them.

Posting just a link in the forum with nothing else won't interest me much, especially if it has not been played - if they can't stick by their job then I won't either.

Edited by DavidCore89

Or as me, G, Rev, Rum and Hannabis did last night - take it in turn to host your stuff publicly, you'll build up a group of players who can be invited back with the 'players from last job' button, auto invite and away you go.

After each job all players quit to FR and the next host fires something up, this way the lobby stays full(ish), players get to host their jobs to a public audience and everyone gets the opportunity.

Last night Rum had a new contact for future H2H and I found a few new friends to game with - it's a win / win situation.

Note the key word here is PUBLICLY, not closed, not crew only, invite everyone.

We could do this one night per week, but lately it's the same people gaming with each other every day and night, the others seem to be hiding  :ph34r:

Edited by DavidCore89

That's exactly what I was trying to say, they don't host their jobs, it's the same people hosting and they are the players getting their jobs played while the rest sit back and expect it to be done for them.

Posting just a link in the forum with nothing else won't interest me much, especially if it has not been played - if they can't stick by their job then I won't either.

That's sort of what I was trying to say.

You've taken the time and effort to create something, posted the link in the forum and then.......nothing.

We create stuff to be played, some want it played amongst crew and friends, some want it played by the wider gtao community, either way you have to do a little bit more than posting a link.

• Like 2

Or as me, G, Rev, Rum and Hannabis did last night - take it in turn to host your stuff publicly, you'll build up a group of players who can be invited with the 'players from last job' button, auto invite and away you go.

After each job all players quit to FR and the next host fires something up, this way the lobby stays full(ish), players get to host their jobs to a public audience and everyone gets the opportunity.

Last night Rum had a new contact for future H2H and I found a few new friends to game with - it's a win / win situation.

Yep, that's a great way to have a enjoyable and varied racing session.

Maybe even pick a job from the voting screen occasionaly to keep the group together (if you end up in a nice group of people).

It's great if someone has a microphone and lets everyone know that a new job is coming up so others wait and re-join.

Or use a shoutbox if its mainly crew racing.

I've had a few session like this and they are the most fun you can have. You get to play jobs from different creators, have a chance to show off your own etc ...

Or as me, G, Rev, Rum and Hannabis did last night - take it in turn to host your stuff publicly, you'll build up a group of players who can be invited back with the 'players from last job' button, auto invite and away you go.

We could do this one night per week, but lately it's the same people gaming with each other every day and night, the others seem to be hiding :ph34r:

Only thing I have issue with is less confident/experienced creators hosting a job publicly might get thumbs down and no actual feedback as to why, that's why I'm saying build up a little group of players who will try each others stuff and get it right before it's unleashed on the wider community.

Yep, that's a great way to have a enjoyable and varied racing session.

Maybe even pick a job from the voting screen occasionaly to keep the group together (if you end up in a nice group of people).

It's great if someone has a microphone and lets everyone know that a new job is coming up so others wait and re-join.

Or use a shoutbox if its mainly crew racing.

I've had a few session like this and they are the most fun you can have. You get to play jobs from different creators, have a chance to show off your own etc ...

Yeah, the players we found last night were joining each race, it was good fun.

We even used one or two other members races.

Only thing I have issue with is less confident/experienced creators hosting a job publicly might get thumbs down and no actual feedback as to why, that's why I'm saying build up a little group of players who will try each others stuff and get it right before it's unleashed on the wider community.

I have that worry too, I'm new to creating races and I am so critical of my own work but you gotta bite the bullet so to speak, anything I make whether it's content in-game or music IRL, I'll be heavily critical of it but I'll let others judge.

If it's good and the group of players are fun you can expect good feedback.

I hosted my race the other day, the dude who came 1st didn't vote, I was left unsure of the race as he was a damn good racer and I thought he didn't like it, I logged on to RSC and found a great review he posted from a respected creators crew, so it's not all doom and gloom but yeah, there will be thumbs down, it's inevitable.

Edited by DavidCore89

I've offered to take suggestions every week for the Friday PL, but there's rarely much feedback.  I have pages and pages of bookmarks, but if no one tells me what they want played, my natural reaction is just to pick something that holds the proper amount of players and equally distributes the ratio of races and TDMs with a couple of captures added to balance things out.  I can't read anyone's mind, so if you want me to feature one of your creations, you need to let me know personally.  Like others have said, it is very helpful to host and host frequently.  Otherwise, how am I going to know what it is like or if it's even finished?

Ok, I think I see where we got off track. First off, Im sorry if it looks like Im choosing sides. Im on my side. My side is that I would like to start trying other jobs in our PLs. I was not trying to single any one person out for doing anything out of spite. I really enjoy the jobs that we already run regularly. They are great creations. I would like to start seeing some other creations, made by crew members, make it into the PLs. I feel that a lot of the Jobs that are done, are in PL's because of who made them. Everyone likes to join something that is expected to be great. Im the same way. Thats normal behavior. I don't want to start hosting Jobs for randoms to play, just because the creator won't, or can't. What we are starting is the XDBX Aprroved section for creations. Trying to encourage members to get their jobs public. We won't run them public for the members. But maybe we can help critique them. If we do this, and nothing changes with the Job, then so be it. Nothing changes and we move on. The system is designed similar to GTAF Approved critiques. After a job is judged, it can be modified, and resubmitted for Approval. After it has been Approved, hopefully they will chance running publicly for their own promotions. Maybe we will find some real jewels in them and be able to use them. Im only trying to promote more crew involvment. Im sorry if I came across in a different manner.

Im really a little upset that this post went down the path that it did. It did seem to drive a wedge between some members. I hope that this damage is repairable. I would hate to have something like this be a terminal plague for the crew. If I said anything in this, or previous posts that offended anybody, Im sorry. That was never my intent. I have poured a lot of time and effort into this crew. Hopefully everyone views me as a fair, and objective person. This is what I strive for. So again, Im sorry, and I hope this clears any misunderstanding of what I have said previously.

Dodgeservice.png

So just to clear this up for me - Dodge, G37, Handcuff Charlie, JustHatched, Rev and other popular creators won't have their content in crew or vetting PL's?

Also will jobs be hosted publicly or just with crew?

Those who don't host publicly will be in the same position 6 months down the line and I'm gonna have to keep taking invites from the same group of players who do host publicly - basically all those mentioned by SS and more.

Closed sessions don't have the same feel IMO.

Edited by DavidCore89

So just to clear this up for me - Dodge, G37, Handcuff Charlie, JustHatched, Rev and other popular creators won't have their content in crew or vetting PL's?

Also will jobs be hosted publicly or just with crew?

Those who don't host publicly will be in the same position 6 months down the line and I'm gonna have to keep taking invites from the same group of players who do host publicly - basically all those mentioned by SS and more.

Closed sessions don't have the same feel IMO.

Ssracing and I think Danielle are going to try hosting lesser played jobs for a while. Furdog and Xyon have not responded. Im personally ok with them keeping with the status Quo on their PL's. Danielle doesnt have to if she doesnt want to. Thats perfectly fine. Maybe wait and see if can get some really good stuff before injecting them into a lot of PL's. SSracing is going to because he is heading up the Approval Board. That is a perfect oppurtunity to try some new stuff. I want it to be mixed up with Vetting. The Jobs we run now are all great jobs. And I dont want to stop playing them all together. But maybe we can find  some more really good stuff. Ssracing's PL is subject to change, depending on the response received about getting additional jobs available to Host for Crew sessions, and for the Approval Board.

We will NOT run them publicly. That the Creator's responsibility. We will join them in a public room if the creator chooses to Host them.

If we have people getting their jobs open to us and dont host it themselves to get plays, then that is their problem. Im not here to get anybody's jobs more plays, other than my own. If they dont host it themselves, then so be it. We tried to help. That is all we can do.

This is to have NO EFFECT on Events PL's. These jobs should not be injected into Events PL's until they are tried out first. Events Staff is to keep doing what they are doing. Our Events Staff does a fantastic job keeping the PL's fun and lively. I would hate to start getting some poor jobs put in, just because "Dodge said we had to". 

Ssracing is going to have a team of Reps, and myself on a Panel of Judges to try these jobs before they make it into Event's PL's.

Edited by Dodgeservice

Dodgeservice.png

First sorry for any hurt feelings this was something to get other peoples content out there never to attack people (which I know I have done being angry).

Now I don't understand why everyones first post is if you want plays promote it yourself. I have stated I agreed with that in my first post so there is no reason to keep bringing it up.

Now the real reason the post was put out there from the beginning is to get other peoples creation 1 time in front of the crew in a vetting playlist. A verity of people's creations is not a bad thing. For example Domestic Bar Fight while still a good time it is getting stale (sorry Hatched).  I am not going to promote others jobs with randoms.

However we will not get any thing now we have had this disagreement so once again SORRY for being an ass.

I will host at most 2 jobs of the usual people and find other content elsewhere.

Edited by ssracingn2