Why aren't my Jobs getting played?!

Dodge

Are you having a hard time getting your Jobs played on GTAV? Are your Jobs not in PL's on a regular basis? What are you gonna do about it? Well the unfortunate truth of the matter is, we don't know that you made it. Some of the Lt's in the crew are going to start paying special attention to "neglected" Jobs made by this crew. So, in order for us to find these unused Jobs, and to put them into PL's, we need to have access to them. If you feel that your Job kicks ass, and the Senior Staff are a bunch of idiots for not using your "stuff", help us out. Make a post with a Title, Description, and RSC Link to the Job here: http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/forum/50-grand-theft-auto-content-creator/

We will do our best to accommodate you!

• Like 5

Dodgeservice.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• ssracingn2

• Pb76

The creator must also host them as much as possible, I have started to discover this myself.

Just relying on this crew to play your jobs is not gonna work, the likes will only go as high as the crew membership allows, so you must host them publicly.

Most other creators are gonna play their own stuff over and over until hell freezes over (annoying and boring), you've gotta get in there with your own stuff too otherwise your jobs won't get played.

There are quite a few XDBX jobs on RSC with almost no title or description, what's that all about?  :lol:.

I also see quite a few XDBX jobs with 0 plays, if the creator hasn't played it then nobody else will IMO.

Edited by DavidCore89

First off sorry Dodge, G37, Handcuff Charlie, JustHatched, Rev and other popular creators this topic is not for you.

I am looking for people that have created stuff that for whatever reason doesn't get the love or people trying their stuff. I am on the search for the vetting playlist this Wednesday night/Thursday morning. So if you want a job to be looked at and played in the playlist post a link I will try it myself and narrow the list to 3 races, 2 TDM and 1 Capture or Deathmatch. If I don't pick it this week I run the North American vetting playlist every other Wednesday and it might show up there. If it is posted to the created content section of the forums I will post what I think about it there as well.

Lets get some of our lesser known creators and jobs some love.

True however I notice that my jobs only get played when I host them I have heard my creations being played by someone else very rarely. So I am trying to get lesser known creators and jobs played. It seems like certain people make a creation and post it everyone and their mothers are bookmarking it and plays it. However other people post something and there are maybe one or two replies. You can only promote your stuff so much but if no one plays or replies on the forum how can you make it better or scrap it and start over. So even though it is still within the crew I am trying help some people out.

• Like 1

If there is not much crew interest it the job, it doesn't mean the GTAO community will feel the same.

Join public sessions, set the job to open and auto invite.

The randoms are key to your job being played without you having to host it every time.

Edited by DavidCore89

For this reason I have been mulling over the idea of "creation critiques". A creation is posted and people provide critiques, maybe limited to one creation a day (not one from everybody but only one for that day) or possibly a few a week at the least. It could be as simple as throwing it at the end of a playlist. This way it gets exposed and is still fresh in your mind in order to provide feedback.

I notice that many non played creations are from creators that are shy or just don't promote, just like you guys said.

• Like 1

I can't :(

oh well.

You have to host your own jobs over and over and over before the numbers even look like going up without you.

Even at 300 likes, your job STILL needs to be sold to the greater community.

Of all my races there is only 1 that continually goes up without me and it didn't start doing that til about 600 likes.

A great idea though for helping each other, I just can't copy and paste unfortunately.

If I'm ever looking for someones job though, I always find it through RSC.

I notice that many non played creations are from creators that are shy or just don't promote, just like you guys said.

If they are shy then they can post it on the link of the op and they can have someone else run it. We might have a popular job on here and no one knows about it.

damnit dodge LOL i guess you like the idea beat me to posting a thread about it!

Future is nothing but a series of probability

I can't :(

oh well.

You have to host your own jobs over and over and over before the numbers even look like going up without you.

Even at 300 likes, your job STILL needs to be sold to the greater community.

Of all my races there is only 1 that continually goes up without me and it didn't start doing that til about 600 likes.

A great idea though for helping each other, I just can't copy and paste unfortunately.

If I'm ever looking for someones job though, I always find it through RSC.

I agree however say your jobs wasn't going over well no matter how many times you hosted it. You join in 20 playlist and never see any of your jobs in it wouldn't you want to know why even though you thought they were good races. We are possibly leaving great jobs out because we are stuck in a mentally if HC, DC89, Dodge, Hatched, PB, G37 you or a small group of others I can't think of right now didn't create it it doesn't exist. If you look at the content creation section most not done by the select group have 1-2 replies. The selected group people are on there saying they are on there bookmarking it and trying it out when they get home.

I just can't set and watch it happen anymore the time for action is now.

Edited by ssracingn2
  • Like 2

@Dodge and SS, I merged your topics into one

I know if I make something the I am completely confident about I host it in public lobbies many times

On a crew stand point, I can see what part of the issue is, myself, Dodge, HC, etc..(a few other) make the most stuff so those looking tend to have an idea of what to expect. But I am 100% behind any move to make the lesser known creators and content jump front and center ahead of everything else, but at the same time it is give and take, don't create something and expect the crew to just dig thru RSC to find it, you have to promote just a little (post it on the forum).

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The fact remains - if your job isn't being played often enough and it is a problem for you then host it in a pubic lobby, expecting others to host it doesn't show me that the creator wants that job out there.

If there's no effort from the creator then how can they expect effort from the community?

Hosting a job is easier than typing a post in this thread.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

The time for action is now. Ive been told this for a while now, Bullitt said the same thing before he left. And now I see it as well. I dont think the Reps are getting a fair shake on their creations. It is true that the only way to get a lot of plays on your jobs, is to host it with randoms over, and over again. Im not so concerned with the number if plays these jobs are getting. I'm a little concerned that the fine members we have in this crew are not getting their jobs treated the same way.

If I were a newbie, and I saw a job flash across the phone that was from the well-known members of this crew, I would feel like I need to join it. Its normal. If somebody likes what we have here, they want to be a part of it. If a job is posted by someone who is not the well-known part of the group, maybe it doesn't get as much of a calling. So why don't we help. Im not asking every person hosting a PL to only run new and unplayed stuff. Racing wants to do it, Danielle also said she would try it. So lets get some new content out there from this crew. This post is more for the members that want the crew to try their creations. Lets get them in the creation forum, and let the Vetting Crew run them.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I've never created anything and don't plan on it unless I have a long absence from work again I might give it a shot.

After reading everyone's comments it seems like common sense to me. You want your stuff played, promote the shit out of it. 

I will gladly run some different stuff when I play and send invites. 

Edited by newyork-nightmare

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Very true David. If YOU yourself can't host it, why expect it to be played often much less once.

I'm working on hosting a few of the lesser known jobs as we speak... there very well may be a diamond in the rough after all

I still encourage members to host jobs themselves. All I want to do is help out. This is what our crew does imo. Maybe somebody is shy, or doesnt really know how to go about promoting their own stuff. Maybe they cant find the time because, lets face it, we are a very busy, and active crew.

We will find some duds by doing this, we will also find some winners. Nobody wants to keep running the same events over and over. The Vetting staff is stepping up and finding new material, that was always there.

This could end up being a giant flop. It could fail miserably, but if it doesnt, the potential gains are endless. There is even talk of creating something more from this if it goes well. But give us a chance. Lets see how creative our members really are.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I am not saying they shouldn't run it themselves. We all agree with that. I guess I am not stating clearly the point I am trying to get across. Every playlist is full of the same creators. Once again look at the created content section the people that are in "the group of creators" get a response right away when they post stuff. People haven't even played it yet. While others don't get a comment even if they promote the hell out of it.

I will put this out there then because my temper is getting the better of me. If you are in "the group" promote your own stuff I will not put it in any of my playlist again. If nobody steps up and puts there created content that is not a part of said group rockstar only on my vetting weeks.

• Like 1

I often host other peoples stuff, hosted Saturday Night Thunder last time I was on. I also run other peoples jobs in playlists, which brings me to my point. I asked for peeps to submit their races for some playlists I wanted to make. Only a handful of people replied & they were people who hosted their own stuff anyway. I did make 2 playlists though and host them from time to time. I feel it's my job to 'sell' my stuff if I want it to be played without me having to host it. The idea of helping the newer members get their stuff out is great though, as when 'ones' content is featured in a playlist there are several good things about it, the main being, feeling like part of a crew :)

• Like 1

With only 3 created races to my name, I didn't think I was a part of any group.

Edited by DavidCore89

I think we are just well known members, so our stuff will get played a little more.

I know this conversation is getting a little heated. So lets all take a breath, and come at this with an objective approach.

Edited by Dodgeservice

Dodgeservice.png

After reading this I looked through ALL of the created races (have yet to get further) and noticed that those with 0 replies are mostly those that promote (key word, mostly). Then I dug through the RSC to the end of the list, those jobs that have 0 plays, and started adding because I enjoy hosting others jobs. However, I see that many if those jobs are not played for a reason (once again, MOST) whether it be bad CP placement, a gazillion CP's, whatever.

So that brings me back to the idea I brought up it a different post. Can we not pick jobs, play them, and provide criticism for further advancement? In doing so it would GREATLY enhance the quality of those jobs that don't get played often. But also, I understand the points that are being made here; sometimes its a popularity contest, other times its just not a popular track (speaking strictly races here).

I would be more than happy to run these lesser played jobs but not without providing feedback. If its crap...let's improve that crap! Just my $0.03

• Like 2

Hatched and I are working out some details. I am not trying to say anyone is a fault because I am the same way. DC89 your respect your he crew is the reason your stuff hit it off before anybody played it. All the content that we play is great however trying to get other people's content out there. I am sorry for losing my temper however I am tired of every time I play a playlist the same creators jobs we are doing not that it is not enjoyable just looking to get more rep and muscle content out there among us. I don't care if at this point if I step on toes along the way. We are to nice to each other to a fault and with me it is going to change.

The topic was started to get reps and muscle to give us a jobs to play and try and all they see is arguing (my fault) and promote your jobs yourself because I don't want to play it ( that's how i read it). I am not going to go digging for jobs I want them to be proud and give me something they are proud of.

• Like 3

I think the initiative is good and honest.

I also think the idea of promoting lesser played material through the various PLs throughout the week is also a solid move. Let's be honest. We have something like 400+ creations on the whole for the crew. That's a ton.

I know I got exposed to new stuff from us and from others via the PLs themselves, so starting there is a great place.

It's a joint effort here people. The Vetting crew is taking the steps to promote the work of other people and on the other side, to make their job a little easier all they're asking is a simple thread about it with a link and maybe a description. It goes back to my original point, we have a lot of jobs as a crew and that's a task into itself sorting through it.

Don't be shy either. The only way to put yourself out there is to well, put yourself out there and it's not always going to be successful the first time around. Keep at it. This will help. But like I said, this requires effort on everyone's part. We cannot help if you don't care.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Hatched and I are working out some details. I am not trying to say anyone is a fault because I am the same way. DC89 your respect your he crew is the reason your stuff hit it off before anybody played it. All the content that we play is great however trying to get other people's content out there. I am sorry for losing my temper however I am tired of every time I play a playlist the same creators jobs we are doing not that it is not enjoyable just looking to get more rep and muscle content out there among us. I don't care if at this point if I step on toes along the way. We are to nice to each other to a fault and with me it is going to change.

The topic was started to get reps and muscle to give us a jobs to play and try and all they see is arguing (my fault) and promote your jobs yourself because I don't want to play it ( that's how i read it). I am not going to go digging for jobs I want them to be proud and give me something they are proud of.

A few thoughts.....(directed at the general "you", not YOU ssracing)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...on getting your stuff played in general:

You MUST host your own creations if you want them played. Period.

You must accept the fact that there are ugly babies, and yours might be one, or you might be playing with babies. I have 100 jobs, maybe more, some of them suck, maybe a lot of them, depends who you ask, it could be for as many reasons as there are preferences out there....who knows, who cares. Adopt this mentality and you can carry on with your gaming life a lot easier. If you really like a job but it isnt catching on, dont sweat it. Refine it, change it up, keep playing it as-is, or if it is an unmitigated disaster, just abandon it. Do not invest yourself emotionally in them. if you cook up disaster after disaster after disaster maybe God is trying to tell you something, embrace it and move on.

The more you host, the more you create, the better you will get at both, and you will build somewhat of a reputation, even if only with a handful of people. That's all it takes...auto-invite polls their entire friends list and crew list and the snowball effect is exponential.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....on crew stuff being "neglected"

I have two contrarian points I would like to make...and I speak for myself, I am not part of the events staff, nor do I have any input on what they choose or dont choose, I cannot think of more than one instance where I requested any of my creations be included in someone else's event unless they specifically extended an open invitation for submissions from the entire crew in a public thread...so my 1st point:

Bullshit....if you dont like the stuff on the playlists people are hosting, stop thumbs upping it, and if it keeps showing up anyway, stop joining that event. If I host a weekend barbecue at the local mosque and all the Imams scarf down their pork ribs, guess what can they expect? More pork ribs next week. IMHO this is something to critique the events staff, if the playlists are stale, tell them. They need to be above taking it personally and either keep hosting stale playlists and expect less and less people to show, change things up, or let you host what you think is a better idea.

2nd point: I distinctly remember G37 or somebody pushing a crew-creation-request playlist event on the weekend evenings and no one submitted their stuff to be played. So it failed and the event dropped off the calendar after 2 or 3 weeks. Should I or someone else in this bogus "group" have requested our jobs get played to keep the event alive? Would we then be criticized for monopolizing crew events? I myself hosted a couple random events for the expressed purpose of recording crew creations, editing the footage (which takes a lot more time than people think), hosting them on youtube for the creator to link to however they wish, and uploading them here on the crew site.....IIRC Rev was the only person to show, and so I recorded some of his races which he knows make me want to kill myself :). I then went through several posts and just picked stuff out on my own to record for promotion purposes.....Now I am not upset that there was no interest in what I was attempting to do, I accept the likelihood that people couldnt be online at the time I was doing it, they didnt know about it, or they plain just didnt care. There is no need for me to get worked up over it.

So I have to be blunt SS, who exactly are you speaking for and what are you speaking against? Because it has been put out there to get people's stuff played, recorded, promoted, as much as those of us who have done it have time to do so, but there was no reaction to indicate that this was something that rep/muscle were dying to do all along. Web forum replies are one thing, actually following through is another. From my perspective this appears more like you are upset that your jobs aren't getting used and are speaking on your behalf but putting it as if this is a widely held sentiment. It has been the experience of several of us here who have put in the effort that the opposite is true.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....on moving forward:

It's my opinion that hosts of events on the calendar should be posting the contents of the playlists in advance, at least 12-24 hours....I'll be honest, I dont like to do a lot of the stuff that many others here seem to enjoy doing...and that is totally fine, people are supposed to have their own preferences/tastes, but if we are going to host playlists which will take the better part of 2 hours to complete, I think as a host you should be considerate enough to let people know what they are signing up for....yes they may not join if they see stuff they mostly dont like, but you shouldnt have to keep them in the dark to get them to join. This works to improve the quality/fun-factor of events if hosts have a motive to select better or more popular stuff within the crew and will weed out stale stuff that or even possibly alienating folks, like I think you are feeling SS

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Charlie while I use myself as an example alot I don't care if my stuff gets played or attention at all. Most of them are epic failures and I know that and ok with that. Also notice I am not looking to host any of my jobs. I want just rep and muscle jobs. Now this was not meant to be a debate or argument I am just looking for new stuff to play and maybe (just maybe) get someone who is lesser known creator for whatever reason some help. I know when I joined this crew I wouldn't have talked to anyone more or less ask people to play my stuff. I still don't ask and will not because I don't have stuff I am proud enough to put out there for a playlist that I am not running.

I know this is going to surprise everyone and I know I have said this 10 times already however I will say again so everyone understands I agree.If you are looking to get high numbers of plays and recognized inside or outside of the crew host it your damn self.

In the link I am looking to get other people involved now I see and understand where Bullitt were coming from. He played everyone elses playlist and could get 10 people to try his stuff. Maybe I didn't get my point well enough because of all of this discussion was not needed just trying to help others out and now I am the whiny bitch bad guy. If one rep puts their creation out there I am ok with that.