• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cotick20

• alchemist3321

• DavidCore89

• PapOiteE

Yeah! Definitely one of the more exciting nil nils. 

Surprising with Spain, but they deserved nothing more. They really showed some slow and uninspired football today. Chile on the other hand; what a game! Played very well, gave Spain no time on the ball and basically just ran their socks off for the entire match. No doubt they'll be capable of beating Holland and go far in the tournament. Slowly becoming my favorites. 

Edited by Banketelli

It's up there with France's performance in 2002 where they lost two and drew one in the group stage. One of those loses against Denmark. :D Wonderful times... back when we weren't shit. <_<

Talking about an underdog; Australia deserved at least a point today. Gave Holland a heck of a game. What a strike from Cahill.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

I am ashamed to call myself an American -- but its funny as hell!... :D

10442518_345516655573302_580100676222270

• Like 1

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

England's chances look very slim  :(

Yep, very disappointing -- thought they were going to do better...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

Actually, it's not as bad as it seems. A buddy and I just broke it down:

If Italy wins out (which is totally possible) and England beats Costa Rica by more than 2-0 (or finishing with a +2 GD for the match) then they will advance. Italy winning all three matches puts all teams at 1-2-0 if England beat Costa Rica. Then it's just GD, which England has an advatge of.....of course, all depedent on tomorrows match.

alchemist3321.jpg

Actually, it's not as bad as it seems. A buddy and I just broke it down:

If Italy wins out (which is totally possible) and England beats Costa Rica by more than 2-0 (or finishing with a +2 GD for the match) then they will advance. Italy winning all three matches puts all teams at 1-2-0 if England beat Costa Rica. Then it's just GD, which England has an advatge of.....of course, all depedent on tomorrows match.

Just, so the highlights -- what a disappointment!...

Edited by Cotick20

cotick20.jpg

Amazing match for France tonight. I absolutely loved it (obviously). A shame the last goal wasn't accepted though. Looks like the referee took pity in the Swiss players :P

Congrats on the victory! Good to see France back playing like a team. Been awhile. 

Benzema must be pissed though. Could and should have walked away from the match with a hat-trick.

I was expecting Germany to do far better in there Saturday's match with Ghana, but a tie is good, I can work with a tie, lol had me looking at them like my avatar.

Edited by smurf

England.

What an absolute embarrassment.

Yep, I really was hoping they would do better then four years ago. They were attacking a lot, but couldnt score - "to save a life" -- their own!

cotick20.jpg

IMO England did no better or no worse than expected.

Yeah they will always qualify for the WC but when it comes down to business - England just don't have the quality to succeed and they certainly do not have the tactical knowledge required to grind out tough results.

Now it's time for the English excuses, the weather, our fitness, we had a long season, we had a tough group etc - heard them all before.

What they really wanna start saying is - "We are not good enough to win a major competition and haven't been good enough since the 80's, so please can the English public stop expecting too much of us every time we enter a competition, to save us all from huge disappointment".

:lol:

• Like 1

IMO England did no better or no worse than expected.

Yeah they will always qualify for the WC but when it comes down to business - England just don't have the quality to succeed and they certainly do not have the tactical knowledge required to grind out tough results.

Now it's time for the English excuses, the weather, our fitness, we had a long season, we had a tough group etc - heard them all before.

What they really wanna start saying is - "We are not good enough to win a major competition and haven't been good enough since the 80's, so please can the English public stop expecting too much of us every time we enter a competition, to save us all from huge disappointment".

:lol:

you have to admit they look out of shape in there last game England did.

you have to admit they look out of shape in there last game England did.

True man, but each team had to deal with the heat and humidity.

For me, the English didn't look like a team who had to win.

I'm amazed how smaller teams can do what is required and sometimes more, but with far less quality on the pitch.

Teams like Costa Rica are playing as though their lives depend on it, I thought that's what the WC was all about, but the English performances were lacking any real passion from anyone.

• Like 1

Gutted

Yep, probably the saddest game in US history!... Anyway to get rid of that 'Cameron' guy, he was responsible for both goals against us?

cotick20.jpg

Hard to believe US is in and Spain, Italy, England, etc are all out!

cotick20.jpg

A lot of times it feels like a movie -- and the best performance wins an Oscar (yellow/red card). The referees give these out for the best performance instead being referees and judging on what they actually see! Its really sad when most soccer players are really good actors but really crappy soccer players!...

cotick20.jpg

Where do they find these referees?

78c435af3f6e975e297fe385ea4d2b5d.jpg

Edited by Cotick20
  • Like 3

cotick20.jpg