RDR online updates 14th may

djw180

Been playing a bit the last few days and haven't experienced any issues yet.

Think they have finally nailed the blip system. Same with the daily challenges. Also great to see that the streaks only require 1 daily challenge to be completed as some of the can be a bit time consuming or tricky to come by.

12 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Another card that money was wasted on!

From patch notes: " Rebalanced the “Never Without One” Ability Card. It will now only block headshots if the hat itself is shot "

At least before the update you could get ambushed and not die. Now, even with defensive play, you can get one shot killed.

If they are going to keep changing the damn cards, just do away with them all!

Yeah, that renders it pretty much useless. Though I must say that in the few showdowns I've played, I haven't noticed being killed with a headshot while wearing a hat.

Same with the removal of the headshot flick. Been a few months since I last played but I really can't tell the difference.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• djw180

• pete_95973

• Banketelli

I've always had a disconnection a couple of times a week, but not enough to be a major problem. So far that does not seem to have changed. But yesterday I was unable to even get in game without re-starting the PS4, and that has never happened before. Also last weekend, so before the update, I tried quick-joining a showdown and just got stuck on a blank screen with the loading icon in the bottom corner. That has never happened before to me either.

I like the defensive mode option.  I was in the saloon in St. Denis, some dude comes in, tries to tackle me, lasso me, and eventually pulled out a gun and shot me point blank in the face, no effect.  He gave up after that and started messing with a guy who was afk, so I pulled out my shotgun and shot him in the back of the head.  Didn't have to go into the menu to change to offensive mode, like taking off passive in GTA, just pulled out my gun.  I also didn't get a bounty because he tried to attack me first.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, djw180 said:

I've always had a disconnection a couple of times a week, but not enough to be a major problem. So far that does not seem to have changed. But yesterday I was unable to even get in game without re-starting the PS4, and that has never happened before. Also last weekend, so before the update, I tried quick-joining a showdown and just got stuck on a blank screen with the loading icon in the bottom corner. That has never happened before to me either.

Quick joining  from the loading screen doesn’t work for me either. Same black screen you get and I can’t lead my posse from the start screen. Gets to 90% and just spins. Joining free roam direct is quick and easy 

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

6 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

Quick joining  from the loading screen doesn’t work for me either. Same black screen you get and I can’t lead my posse from the start screen. Gets to 90% and just spins. Joining free roam direct is quick and easy 

Explain please.

8 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

It wasn't from the loading screen, it was quick-joining from free roam.

7 hours ago, djw180 said:

It wasn't from the loading screen, it was quick-joining from free roam.

Yeah same for me. Whether from the loading screen or free roam. Black screen 

8 hours ago, Beez said:

Explain please.

When you first login to red dead and it gives you the option to join free roam or to join a certain region you can also click join a showdown series or a race from that screen. That is what I was referring to when I was getting the black screen. Also getting it when joining from free room

• Thanks 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Free roam has been one big mess since last night. Wildlife and NPC's not spawning, stranger missions not working and dead horses mass spawning. Also some jobs taking forever to load.

At least, story missions and the new combat mode are playable.

Edited by Banketelli

1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

Free roam has been one big mess since last night. Wildlife and NPC's not spawning, stranger missions not working and dead horses mass spawning. Also some jobs taking forever to load.

At least, story missions and the new combat mode are playable.

I noticed the lack of wildlife today. But either it only effects some lobbies or just randomly effects you or not as you log in, because after a couple of tries I found a session that was OK. Also had a shown down take forever to load, again. Gave up, restarted the game and joined straight into a Showdown, and that worked.

Edited by djw180

7 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I noticed the lack of wildlife today. But either it only effects some lobbies or just randomly effects you or not as you log in, because after a couple of tries I found a session that was OK. Also had a shown down take forever to load, again. Gave up, restarted the game and joing straight into a Showdown, and that worked.

Unfortunately been much more consistent for me. No matter what I did last night nothing would spawn. Today I had a few birds and fish spawn after loading in from a showdown. But it only lasted a few minutes then it was back to "normal".

2 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Unfortunately been much more consistent for me. No matter what I did last night nothing would spawn. Today I had a few birds and fish spawn after loading in from a showdown. But it only lasted a few minutes then it was back to "normal".

Seems to be an EU problem, unless you join a friend in US

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Seems to be an EU problem, unless you join a friend in US

That fits with what happened to me. The session I found that was fine had Goon in it.

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

That fits with what happened to me. The session I found that was fine had Goon in it.

Well, I need an American friend I can join.

To the Americans,

I'm a polite Northern European, half capable of the English languages. I most likely won't be drunk in the hours we'll play. I'm a pretty good gunslinger and can help out whenever needed.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I read that the current problems are happening because of a dupe glitch being used with fish. Reports say that’s where the horse piles are coming from and the spawns are being messed with by R* as they search for a fix. 

Just your typical online stuff.  Folks always looking for that cheat and corner to cut. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Well, I need an American friend I can join.

To the Americans,

I'm a polite Northern European, half capable of the English languages. I most likely won't be drunk in the hours we'll play. I'm a pretty good gunslinger and can help out whenever needed.

Hmm. Sounds like a hacker...

• Haha 2

Dodgeservice.png

On 5/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, Sinister said:

I read that the current problems are happening because of a dupe glitch being used with fish. Reports say that’s where the horse piles are coming from and the spawns are being messed with by R* as they search for a fix. 

Just your typical online stuff.  Folks always looking for that cheat and corner to cut. 

I read that too, but it's a bunch of BS. I intentionally searched quite extensively and found NO CORRELATION between little goobers duping animals and lobbies being glitched.  I found this one little kid with about 30+ deer around the stable in Valentine. Lobby functioned fine and no pile of dead burnt horses. Plenty of animals in the entire map.

I think it was drama queens looking for attention that made SOME of the crap up and blame it on glitchers. Others just attributed real   R* problems to the same little goobers. There's no way these players could KNOW what  caused some of these problems.

I did throw my full load of fire bottles at the little goobers deer around the stable at Valentine. I'm pissed that my PS4Pro didn't record it.  The little turd couldn't have been older than 10. He almost started to cry! LOL!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

16 hours ago, djw180 said:

OK for me today, but no idea who I was  in a lobby with.

Ultra and I had a pretty enjoyable time on line today. Yeah we had a few disconnects and each of us had one game crash, but nothing out of the ordinary or game breaking. 

Retards trying to kill us in my camp with the white flag up and us on defensive setting...............more than once! Us being quite naughty with the Carcaino and explosive rounds. Nice free-aim and auto-aim mixture! LOL!

Quite a few laughs!

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Hey there, 

I heard this last update was quite a good one, but I haven't played online since the first week. Is it worth to pick it up again? The first week I played it I only did some showdown series but after a few days I was already sick of it. If I start playing again I got some people to play it with lol. And what kind of things you can do together? I saw some videos of poker which seems kinda cool although I suck at it. 

1 hour ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

Hey there, 

I heard this last update was quite a good one, but I haven't played online since the first week. Is it worth to pick it up again? The first week I played it I only did some showdown series but after a few days I was already sick of it. If I start playing again I got some people to play it with lol. And what kind of things you can do together? I saw some videos of poker which seems kinda cool although I suck at it. 

Not having much to do as a crew is the main problem with RDR online. We did try doing Stranger missions and gang hideouts as a posse, but the problem with that is the max posse size of 7 and stranger missions not always working (still a problem); people got pretty bored of it quite quickly. For me RDR-online is effectively a single player game. Most of the things I do are on my own or with randoms when I do the occasional race or showdown.

• Thanks 1

It's worth doing showdowns if you're consistently winning or at least getting top positions or a mix of hunting, stranger missions and gang hideouts.

I'm up for some stranger mission and general exploration if people want to group up!

Mixing stranger missions with gang hideouts can be fun and if you drag the missions out by hunting and collecting stuff it will net you some good cash, gold and XP. Not to mention that you can run into dynamic encounters/events which makes the whole thing more immersive.

I personally don't like showdowns because I find PvP in rockstar games by far the worst out of all modern AAA games. RDRO is still a bit better than GTAO in my opinion (mostly due to less explosives for the time being) but still clunky and boring AF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60966/Introducing-Free-Roam-Missions-From-Black-Belle-Sadie-Jake-Adler

Some new free roam missions, clothes and modes plus posse bonuses. Also a new horse and saddle. Both free. Though neither of them very good so only something for newer players.

Edited by Banketelli

Based on those I have tried so far there aren't really any new free-roam missions. They are the same basic missions, recover a cart/boat, kidnap someone, etc, just with a different start and end point.

I'm very confused by what Rockstar is doing with this game. I haven't played in months, and just recently started playing again (5 or 10 minutes at a time due to very consistent disconnects). The offensive/defensive thing doesn't make sense. In defensive mode I still get killed instantly, and when I respawn I have a bounty? I guess I figured it would be like Fallout 76, where you're nearly impossible to kill unless you fight back.

I'm beginning to think this game is just not for me. 

• Like 1