RDR online updates 14th may

djw180

Just quickly looking through today's updates at https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60954/Red-Dead-Online-World-Updates-New-Missions-Poker-and-The-Road-Ahead

A couple of things stand out to me as good

• posse vs challenges; fishing, bird shooting, herb picking
    • possibilities for crew challenges here maybe?
  • hostility system changes
    • no negative effects from defending yourself
    • range of visibility appears to depend on how hostile you have been
    • if you die you respawn further away the more hostile you are
  • harder to get headshots
    • this one depends how it pans out
    • if it's harder for everyone, OK
    • but if the best players are still able to get head shots whilst everyone else never get them, not OK
  • daily challenges
    • no more PvP challenges

But as far as I can see there is still nothing that would enable crew/friend only jobs or being able to choose a specific race or showdown to play. So doesn't seem a lot to attract most people back to RDR online. It's some good changes to the current game set up but nothing major in terms of playing as a crew

The biggest thing I notice is it's now "Red Dead online" not "Red Dead online BETA".

So that means this is the finished product or just R* decided it's stable enough to drop the BETA?

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• djw180

• pete_95973

• Banketelli

On a side note, even if this is not enough to get people interested yet (can't blame them) than it's worth at least logging in this week for 15 gold bars and you'll earn gold bar per each new rank for a limited time. 

EDIT:

also, this sounds cool:

• Several types of dynamic events have been added to the open world of Red Dead Online, which the player will encounter as they travel across the world
Edited by AlCohonez
  • Like 1

What are ”cars” in this:

”Railroad Baron Free Roam Event, where players capture cars on a moving train, on June 4th.”

8 minutes ago, Lann said:

What are ”cars” in this:

”Railroad Baron Free Roam Event, where players capture cars on a moving train, on June 4th.”

The individual carriages?

55 minutes ago, Lann said:

What are ”cars” in this:

47 minutes ago, Pb76 said:

The individual carriages?

Yes.

Combine this update with this bit from the email....and I may be reinstalling this soon.

Starting this summer, Red Dead Online players will be able to take on the first three of a series of new roles: track down wanted criminals as a bounty hunter; search the world for treasure, and other exotic items to sell as a collector; or build a business at camp as a trader and more.

Each new role will come with a range of unique gameplay along with a host of new outfits, weapons and other rewards to earn. Players will have the option to focus on a specific role to advance quickly and unlock each role’s unique attributes, or simultaneously progress across multiple roles as you play naturally to create your own unique character and path through the frontier.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Looks like a good bunch of content. Though still disappointing that there isn't any focus on crew stuff.

The headshot part got me a bit confused on how exactly it will work.

• Like 1

Okay the idea of being a trader catches my attention somewhat. And gives me hope that one day I really can be a rancher!

• Like 1

I couldn't go into the stable at Tumbleweed for some reason during that session. Tried a few times after making some sales. Also no more fish spawns at southwest of Tumbleweed.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I’m still having huge issues staying connected to free roam.  Just a bit frustrating, definitely keeps me from playing.  :( 

2 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

I’m still having huge issues staying connected to free roam.  Just a bit frustrating, definitely keeps me from playing.  :( 

Rock steady for me. Something in your network?

Because Fat Buds Matter!

22 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Me as well. Haven’t been kicked since the update. But then again I didn’t get kicked all that often during the early Beta. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I'm glad they finally fixed the players red blimp, seen right across the map. Seems animals don't despawn as easily, but birds do if they fly directly over your head. The bounty system over haul was much needed & I enjoyed  playing the new game modes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Says it’s a error on Rockstar. I don’t have a problem with free roam in GTA. 

2 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

Says it’s a error on Rockstar. I don’t have a problem with free roam in GTA. 

Yeah, but it's on your end.

I don't have a problem wired or wifi, but most have less problems wired. How do you connect?

Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Yeah, but it's on your end.

I don't have a problem wired or wifi, but most have less problems wired. How do you connect?

It’s wired directly.  I’m going to try a few different settings later on. 

I decided to reinstall this, seeing that it's out of beta. And to be honest, it's still frustrating as fuck. Stranger missions still seem to be broken for me, can't seem to stay in a session for more than a few minutes, and the outfits I had saved have been deleted. I can save new ones, but if I join a mission or new session they are gone again. 

The game itself is beautiful, but issues like these just suck all the fun out of it. 

• Like 1

No connectivity issues for me and the new missions all work well.  I was bummed to do a bank robbery last night which required killing about 50 cops to get paid $65.

In a real situation would I rather hunt for 20 mins or murder 50 cops and rob a bank for $65?  LOL.

The new changes are good though and a step in the right direction.  The dynamic free roam events that have been added are fantastic.  And what is coming in the next few weeks sounds exciting.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Another card that money was wasted on!

From patch notes: " Rebalanced the “Never Without One” Ability Card. It will now only block headshots if the hat itself is shot "

At least before the update you could get ambushed and not die. Now, even with defensive play, you can get one shot killed.

If they are going to keep changing the damn cards, just do away with them all!

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!