Free roam almost unplayable

djw180

1 minute ago, Smurf said:

It seems the legendary pheromone does not work, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Potent Predator bait still doesn't work! Could be related.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

48 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

@Smurf I could be wrong, but I think you have to use the new camera. I tried the old one with no success, sedated or not.

Professional said the regular camera will work, but way more difficult.

Couldn't figure why I couldn't clean my gun until I went to the fence. Damn game stole all my gun oil! I'm NEVER low on gun oil. Took all my mint and minty big game too.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Well......a night of disconnections! Not good at all!

Yup! Keep getting the ethernal loading screen as well, was planning on leveling asap. Maybe I'll try again later.

That's a bummer. I got dc'ed last night with a legendary pelt on my horse. Not too big of a deal I guess, but it's time wasted.

Edited by Jjss924

How do you get the Legendary Animals? I went to the 2 locations where in Ms. Harriot mission section shows for a lvl 5 , used the bait and nothing happens.

11 hours ago, Smurf said:

@Jjss924 randomly stumbled across a Legendary fox, saw a yellow paw moving on the mini map but the disconnection said no you didn't.

I set my camp to far west New Austin for a sale, by the two little islands close to the shack with the out of the sky fish spawn by the watering trough.

While waiting for everyone to join and spawn in, I heard a cougar. Knowing this was the area where a Legendary Cougar is supposed to be from the map, I started to search. I spotted one cougar and it was not Legendary , so I tranked it. Up popped another cougar behind me as I approached the first. I got it down too. Then the Legendary popped up from no where! It killed me twice before I could trank it! LOL! Good thing is that everyone that was in the posse and in the lobby, got a sample.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

It took 5 or 6 tries to get online last night. The time it worked, I joined on ZZ. One youtube guy said he has luck joining through the race series and quitting the race when it starts. People are starting to call it Red Dead Offline, a fitting name. The new update fixed the last one, now I wonder what the next update will fix/break. The game is much better now, when it works.

Edited by Jjss924

Fired this up today for the first time in a long time and it seems a lot more stable. Didn't do any hunting but I spawned in my camp every time I tried. Bought the pass and hope to get back into this. 

Doesn't look like we will ever get PC transfer and I'm OK with that because that version is a troll filled, menu user, mess.

16 hours ago, Sinister said:

Fired this up today for the first time in a long time and it seems a lot more stable. Didn't do any hunting but I spawned in my camp every time I tried. Bought the pass and hope to get back into this. 

Doesn't look like we will ever get PC transfer and I'm OK with that because that version is a troll filled, menu user, mess.

Look for Ultra, JJ and I online. We can help ya rank up the role.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Typical R* fashion, today's update screwed the game up again! Don't have the patience to LIST them ALL!

• Sad 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Yes, the latest "update" appears to be a re installation of the dissapearing camp bug and even more blue screen disconnections. I am convinced the latter happens at the times when you get in-game invites and even turning them off does not help. I logged in OK earlier. At 7am I disconnected. That is the time, for me, when the daily tasks update along with a free roam event arriving at the same time. I logged back in OK, about 7:24 another disconnection and same about 7:48. I don't know for sure how often invites to free roam events occur but if they are twice daily (in-game days) and I think an in-game day is 48 real-life minutes, then those disconnections would correspond to the in-game event invites coming. Like I say I have turned them off but still disconnect, so it's not the actual invite but something going on behind the scenes either linked to the invite or that happens at the same time.

Animal spawns back to non-exisistant levels at times as well. My horse can dissapear and not respond to whistling. I have been in a lobby with no NPCs - but at least I did not disconnect from that one. It's like R* said to them selves, 'right we've fixed lots of bugs so what can we do now? I know - lets unfix them so we can fix them again!'

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

I keep getting the blue screen errors. I think I'll complete the Outlaw Pass & call it a day when they fix it, I need the hdd space anyways since my external died.

I think we should rename this thread. Take the 'almost' out.

On R* support page they have at least acknowledged the issue but no indication of when it will be fixed. I would have thought just rolling back to before the last update was simple enough!

RDRO has been such a let down for me.  Are we close to two years now and still all of this instability which makes GTAO look stable.

Plus no playlists, no targeting mode to prevent shooting friends, no creator, can't pick what job you want to play (only series), no homes or properties to buy.  It is a real bummer.  It has so much potential.  And I have enjoyed playing it a little bit, but I am still on GTA 4-5 days a week 7 years later and it took less than one year for me to lose interest in RDRO.

• Like 4

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

@pete_95973 Homes are in the game files from 50-600 gold bars across different regions, but at this point all the stuff you mentioned should of already been in the game. We're back at square 1, guess it will be fixed in a couple years.

• Like 1

So far today the situation is much improved. I wouldn't say fixed though. Camp still does not appear. But only one disconection in about an hour and I have seen invites to events so if they were linked to what was triggering disconnections they are not anymore. Horse is fine, always there when called, doesn't suddenly stop and refuse to move, does not dissapear when using fast travel. Animals are spawning.

That's just from one session of course. Who knows what might happen next time I log in.

Edited by djw180
  • Confused 1