Free roam almost unplayable

djw180

I became a griefer in free roam and I've been having fun since, leveling fast due to killing everything that move, picking herbs, doing stranger missions with a 100% success rate for 3 days, hrs on end with the posse I'm running with. Hell we attack players regardless of what we're doing and always come out on top. 32 levels in 10 days ain't bad. 

12 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I became a griefer in free roam and I've been having fun since, leveling fast due to killing everything that move, picking herbs, doing stranger missions with a 100% success rate for 3 days, hrs on end with the posse I'm running with. Hell we attack players regardless of what we're doing and always come out on top. 32 levels in 10 days ain't bad. 

I've griefed when it was a daily objective. A few days age it was a total of 15 players! LOL!

32 levels? Damn Snurf!

I do think overall griefing has declined. I pass by more and more blue player without incident. Red ones get wrecked!

Despawning of killed is still a problems, It seems to be dependent on region and animal. Bison are still the worst. They will still disappear even if you have an eye on them. Other animals you can see the blood spot where they were! The only animal giving a problem at the butcher is the little gators....still greyed out.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 1 year later...

Don't feel bad. This game kicks me almost every 5 minutes. Becoming completely unplayable. Happening for my daughter as well...completely over it

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Ultra and I got on red Dead last night. Determined to have a bit of fun, we decided to raise anarchy and get our bounty levels up quite high.

So we started killing everything in sight. No one or no thing was safe come our wrath! After a bit of mayhem, we fast travel to Tumbleweed to try to eliminate the city's population. I get on the roof square the tarot card usually appears and Ultra gets on top of the motel building. I hit my bounty level to just over $21 in the game sent bounty hunters!

The first set was quite a big wave and I do think they are slightly more accurate than the normal NPCs. It got a little hairy and we both had to take some tonics and eat.

After we survive that Bounty wave, we fast travel to a more populated area, Saint Denis. Will then decide to find the train oh, so we head toward the next town west. Along the route, the game sent a another round of bounty hunters. Again it was quite fun and it got hairy at certain moments!

We continue on our way trying to find the train and hopefully stumbling upon a player. We finally found the train and board in it. A couple of moments later the game since another round of NPC bounty hunters. In the more open areas it was quite fun and different. Any more isolated in mountainous areas on the railroad, it was fairly boring and uneventful. One positive note by riding on the train. It's really easy to leave the area when we've killed enough bounty hunters.

Then the game opened it up to any players that were bounty hunters! Now we were quite excited. But alas, our lack of encountering any other players continued for the remainder of our time playing Red Dead! Maybe it was our player levels that lead other players to refrain from encountering us.

I think that a full posse with one or more members having a bounty high enough, would be quite fun! Maybe something can be set up where we can try this out as an event!

• Like 4

Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Ultra and I got on red Dead last night. Determined to have a bit of fun, we decided to raise anarchy and get our bounty levels up quite high.

So we started killing everything in sight. No one or no thing was safe come our wrath! After a bit of mayhem, we fast travel to Tumbleweed to try to eliminate the city's population. I get on the roof square the tarot card usually appears and Ultra gets on top of the motel building. I hit my bounty level to just over $21 in the game sent bounty hunters!

The first set was quite a big wave and I do think they are slightly more accurate than the normal NPCs. It got a little hairy and we both had to take some tonics and eat.

After we survive that Bounty wave, we fast travel to a more populated area, Saint Denis. Will then decide to find the train oh, so we head toward the next town west. Along the route, the game sent a another round of bounty hunters. Again it was quite fun and it got hairy at certain moments!

We continue on our way trying to find the train and hopefully stumbling upon a player. We finally found the train and board in it. A couple of moments later the game since another round of NPC bounty hunters. In the more open areas it was quite fun and different. Any more isolated in mountainous areas on the railroad, it was fairly boring and uneventful. One positive note by riding on the train. It's really easy to leave the area when we've killed enough bounty hunters.

Then the game opened it up to any players that were bounty hunters! Now we were quite excited. But alas, our lack of encountering any other players continued for the remainder of our time playing Red Dead! Maybe it was our player levels that lead other players to refrain from encountering us.

I think that a full posse with one or more members having a bounty high enough, would be quite fun! Maybe something can be set up where we can try this out as an event!

Sounds like something I wanna take part in for sure! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Con said:

Sounds like something I wanna take part in for sure! 

It was fun as hell and we were dying laughing for the most part! In a big posse I'll bet it would be a friggin' blast.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Well, it seems Rockstar is making some interesting changes in Red Dead this week with today's update. All DLC clothing is now available for purchase in the catalog and in stores. So you can go buy all the limited time purchase clothing items.

There is 50% money bonuses on moonshine and bounties.

There are also a lot of discounts on all things that you can buy.

Hopefully in Rockstar tradition, when they do things like this, we can expect a DLC to be coming down the pipeline relatively soon.

Personally, while I would like a DLC, what I'd really like is really see is the game to function properly and have some animals.

• Haha 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Yup! Lost moonshine randomly, camp spawn issues, no animals & my full delivery wagon spawn under the map. Think I stopped playing after I tried to deliver a full wagon on my own & lost it all to other players that threw dynamite.

4 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Personally, while I would like a DLC, what I'd really like is really see is the game to function properly and have some animals.

Haha. Good one. It is R*, so it's already functioning "properly" for their standards.

I think if people attacked it would definitely be a lot of fun, but if it was done with a large posse then its unlikely anyone would attack. It's interesting enough that I'd join if I still had the game, but doubt I'll redownload it.

Edited by Skorpion

8 hours ago, Skorpion said:

Haha. Good one. It is R*, so it's already functioning "properly" for their standards.

I think if people attacked it would definitely be a lot of fun, but if it was done with a large posse then its unlikely anyone would attack. It's interesting enough that I'd join if I still had the game, but doubt I'll redownload it.

I think it would be well worth the dl IF the crew did this.

Last night Ultra and I loaded up and the game threw us into a Player Bounty first.......and there were LOTS of players! Every couple of seconds it would pop up that another player joined the hunt. It was quite fun!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 4 weeks later...

TIME TO CLOWN ROCKSTAR SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN CLOWNING US FOR FAR TOO MANY MONTHS!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully today's update has the fixes needed and won't make new ones!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Fixed several further issues that may have caused reduced animal populations in some large Red Dead Online sessions

Sounds like a maybe.

1 hour ago, Jjss924 said:

Fixed several further issues that may have caused reduced animal populations in some large Red Dead Online sessions

Sounds like a maybe.

I declare animal spawns fixed!
  • Like 3

Because Fat Buds Matter!

14 hours ago, Lann said:

Seems they fixed every one of my gripes in the 'patch notes' save one of course, if I burn through all my ammo it is a requirement to go to a gun store, oh sure I'll get the ammo at to the camp lockbox or at the post office but they will not reload into my gun. Hopefully the other fixes automatically fixed that issue.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

Ultra and I couldn't clean weapons.  I had this problem before this update, prolly from one of R*'s background tweaking .

Went to the gunsmith to see if that would reset things if he cleaned them all.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Collector maps were a bit haywire yesterday, but that is something that has always happened from time to time (not finding an item you know should be there, finding the exact same item at two different spots etc). That was presumably caused by the addition of the fossils, so hopefully wil be back to normal soon. Although on that topic I have to ask why does as METAL detector find fossils? (I know it can find arrow heads made from rocks as well), but seems even less of a metal detector and even more of a rock detector now.

They may have gone to the other extreme with animal spawns, particularly in the marsh / bayou, couldn't move for alligators and that can make it hard collecting things there.

I've had problems with the hunting wagon. I wasn't able to call it, went to stable and exited on it. Fixed the problem.

When you do poacher missions, there is supposed to be a 30 min cd. I didn't wait, tried again, lost conn, then went back and took another. Not sure what happened.

The naturalist is fun and easy if you enjoy hunting. I don't recommend using revivers. The animal wakes up on it's own and the xp gained is minimal.

Well it turns out they have changed the way collector maps work, at least as far as those found with a metal detector are concerned. Rather than each specific item being in the same location each cycle (there's 6 cycles of different locations, the cycle changes randomly every day), the metal detector locations just give you a random item of the type that occurs there. This is apparently to stop people just going to each location in turn (can be found easily form various websites) and getting a full set every day. It was far too easy money to do that, but I think lowering the payout for complete sets rather than doing what they have done would have been a better solution.