Free roam almost unplayable

djw180

Update today from Rturd!

Ultra says most all problems fixed. He had problems with owned wagons, but nothing else so far.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 2 weeks later...

After not playing the game for probably 8 months I have played a few times this week and been enjoying it.

I started the moonshine role and don't think I will proceed much with it.  Had a successful sale recently that was easy, but the cost of mash makes it barely profitable, even when reduced.  Some of the missions are fun though.

I still enjoy the hunting and filling up my Cripps business.  I need to upgrade to a bigger wagon.  I think this role works well with the collector role as you can just look for the collectables and hunt while doing it.

RDRO free roam is so different from GTAO freeroam.  I just like the peace of roaming around, hunting, collecting, fishing, and taking part in the dynamic free roam events.  I really wish GTAO had something like the dynamic events in RDRO. 

In GTAO freeroam if I am not doing something with friends I am fighting randoms.  But in RDRO I pretty much never attack random players.  The player interactions are very friendly.  If I get attacked I will fight and enjoy the battle, but I don't seek it out.  I just enjoy the open world solo.

I just wish they had a job creator so we could play jobs with our friends.  And I want a house in the swamps of Lemoyne!  We need properties!

• Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

On 8/28/2020 at 12:34 PM, pete_95973 said:

After not playing the game for probably 8 months I have played a few times this week and been enjoying it.

I started the moonshine role and don't think I will proceed much with it.  Had a successful sale recently that was easy, but the cost of mash makes it barely profitable, even when reduced.  Some of the missions are fun though.

I still enjoy the hunting and filling up my Cripps business.  I need to upgrade to a bigger wagon.  I think this role works well with the collector role as you can just look for the collectables and hunt while doing it.

RDRO free roam is so different from GTAO freeroam.  I just like the peace of roaming around, hunting, collecting, fishing, and taking part in the dynamic free roam events.  I really wish GTAO had something like the dynamic events in RDRO. 

In GTAO freeroam if I am not doing something with friends I am fighting randoms.  But in RDRO I pretty much never attack random players.  The player interactions are very friendly.  If I get attacked I will fight and enjoy the battle, but I don't seek it out.  I just enjoy the open world solo.

I just wish they had a job creator so we could play jobs with our friends.  And I want a house in the swamps of Lemoyne!  We need properties!

You need to look closer at the moonshine role. Every one of the free roam events that pop up such as Road blocks and moonshiner installations, reduce the cost of the mash. Those are very easy to do with great loot such as treasure maps. Moonshiner is passive income, much like your nightclub. Most sales are 5min or less. Even at full $50 mash price, it's right at $200 for less than 5min work. Pretty damn good! If you think the trader role is better, just look at the time involved in hunting and resupply missions. Then there are the long sale missions.

Add it up. Moonshine is quite easy and good way to earn $$$

If you see me playing RDR, feel free to message me and we can show you how it's done!

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

@pete_95973 for it to be worth it, you have to have it fully upgraded imo. I only recently did this because I had 2 50% off tickets. It costs about $1.8k otherwise.

Edited by Jjss924
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zztop911 said:

You need to look closer at the moonshine role. Every one of the free roam events that pop up such as Road blocks and moonshiner installations, reduce the cost of the mash. Those are very easy to do with great loot such as treasure maps. Moonshiner is passive income, much like your nightclub. Most sales are 5min or less. Even at full $50 mash price, it's right at $200 for less than 5min work. Pretty damn good! If you think the trader role is better, just look at the time involved in hunting and resupply missions. Then there are the long sale missions.

Add it up. Moonshine is quite easy and good way to earn $$$

If you see me playing RDR, feel free to message me and we can show you how it's done!

I think the first time I did a Moonshiner sale I got about $72.  This sounds much better.

29 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

@pete_95973 for it to be worth it, you have to have it fully upgraded imo. I only recently did this because I had 2 50% off tickets. It costs about $1.8k otherwise.

And this is probably why....

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

20 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

I think the first time I did a Moonshiner sale I got about $72.  This sounds much better.

And this is probably why....

It won't take you too long to rank up. Getting a daily gold streak going is also key. If you don always have time to do many, you can always log on a do one easy one to keep the streak. I did it for Ultra when the baby was trying to arrive. Moonshiner story missions are fun too!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

4 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

It won't take you too long to rank up. Getting a daily gold streak going is also key. If you don always have time to do many, you can always log on a do one easy one to keep the streak. I did it for Ultra when the baby was trying to arrive. Moonshiner story missions are fun too!

I am at 6 days right now

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• 3 weeks later...

Played it for the first time in a long time last night. The new(ish) update looks good. Quite a few things from the wish-list. 

Was very interested in seeing how R* had pulled such an animal heavy update off when they couldn't even deliver animals in free roam in the first place. For me it looks to have been fix by not allowing me in any lobby with more than 3 other players.😅 Thankfully, that's just a small issue.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:19 AM, Banketelli said:

Played it for the first time in a long time last night. The new(ish) update looks good. Quite a few things from the wish-list. 

Was very interested in seeing how R* had pulled such an animal heavy update off when they couldn't even deliver animals in free roam in the first place. For me it looks to have been fix by not allowing me in any lobby with more than 3 other players.😅 Thankfully, that's just a small issue.

After a very, very long break I have been playing regularly the past month.  Enjoying it quite a bit.  Spending a lot of time trading and moonshing! Still don't have 10,000 kills 🙂

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

16 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

After a very, very long break I have been playing regularly the past month.  Enjoying it quite a bit.  Spending a lot of time trading and moonshing! Still don't have 10,000 kills 🙂

Yeah, there's quite a bit to do these days. Like the new incentives to go hunting. 

No need to rush to the 10k. Got there before I stopped. Might've been more of a solo race but a win is a win!😁 One of my goals along with racking up 1k goldbars. After that, and with no one else really playing, it got pretty boring. Also, everybody and their mama started using explosive rounds in shootout modes!🤕😅