Beer store shopping spree

newyork-nightmare

I guess I was off topic...I hate the taste of beer...

same here, but when im drunk enough everything goes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dodge

• zmurko

• Ronny

• Matusware

Vodka, Khalua, Malibu, Pina Coloda's <--- there is never a bad time for one!!! I even have a pack of little umbrellas :D . Jacobs Creek Chard Pinot Noir Sparkly would be my first choice, but as long as its Aussie or south African you can't go wrong. 

I used to hang out with Jose Cuervo but we had a falling out big style... you know when you'd wake up the next day and think jesus what nightmare that dream was ... and then you'd be like holy fuck where am I! Little snippets start coming back and there was a mini van... a great idea... Pearl Jam...Lets find Eddie Vedder ummm. Did I just end up in fucking Seattle??? Yeah never found Eddie but I did I find my people, we went back to BC, never to speak of it again lol!  Jose is bad!

• Like 2

Where to begin in this thread.....

These days I'm pretty much a bourbon guy, as most of you have probably noticed me going from normal speech patterns to slurring during game play :)

Thus, I am mainly drinking Bullit or Makers Mark. However, I'm a huge craft beer guy and can be drinking bottles, too.

Being in SoCal, it's a hot bed for crafts and I even have buddies that work at Stone and Dudes Brewery. I'm also really close to the #1 voted craft beer vendor on ratemybeer.com and that dude always has new stuff or stocks quality beers that aren't found at your normal Stater Bros. or Vons.

I've tried many, many crafts and and can find something good in each genre, although I'm not a hophead nor do I really like heavy ipa's or dipa's. I'm partial towards sours, Belgians, and strong ales.

I really like Cascade that MLB mentioned. The Breury out here is another great brewery for sours and other crafts....ironically when I was up in Portland and visited Cascade the dudes there were envious I was close to The Breury....funny to me because Cascade is probably tops for sours. Russian River also does a few sours like Supplication and Consecration.

For Belgians, Delirium Tremens, Duvel, Chimay, or La Fin Du Monde. Just heavy hitters that are 9% and up, but smooth and light.

Strong ales, something like Stone or Lagunitas. More heavy hitters that pack a punch.

But having buddies in the industry, I'm getting more into hard to find, rare, or special release type of beers. I know a common one for me lately has been a local hot dog shop where the dude is from Chicago, so he pulled some ties with Goose Island and brought out their Bourbon County...shit's 14.2% and kicks you in the balls, but a quality stout that is rated at 100% and 95% on beeradvocate.com

Outside of the above, my local pub here does a beer card where you drink them all and get a mug, discount, etc. After doing that a few times I usually  just get Guinness or Boddingtons in my 32oz mug. Guinness is still quality to me, but Boddingtons was one I came across from an ex that lived Oxford as out here on the west coast Premier League games can start around 4 or 7am, so I was looking for a good breakfast beer.

As you can tell, I can talk beer all day :)

• Like 3

alchemist3321.jpg

Where to begin in this thread.....

These days I'm pretty much a bourbon guy, as most of you have probably noticed me going from normal speech patterns to slurring during game play :)

Thus, I am mainly drinking Bullit or Makers Mark. However, I'm a huge craft beer guy and can be drinking bottles, too.

Being in SoCal, it's a hot bed for crafts and I even have buddies that work at Stone and Dudes Brewery. I'm also really close to the #1 voted craft beer vendor on ratemybeer.com and that dude always has new stuff or stocks quality beers that aren't found at your normal Stater Bros. or Vons.

I've tried many, many crafts and and can find something good in each genre, although I'm not a hophead nor do I really like heavy ipa's or dipa's. I'm partial towards sours, Belgians, and strong ales.

I really like Cascade that MLB mentioned. The Breury out here is another great brewery for sours and other crafts....ironically when I was up in Portland and visited Cascade the dudes there were envious I was close to The Breury....funny to me because Cascade is probably tops for sours. Russian River also does a few sours like Supplication and Consecration.

For Belgians, Delirium Tremens, Duvel, Chimay, or La Fin Du Monde. Just heavy hitters that are 9% and up, but smooth and light.

Strong ales, something like Stone or Lagunitas. More heavy hitters that pack a punch.

But having buddies in the industry, I'm getting more into hard to find, rare, or special release type of beers. I know a common one for me lately has been a local hot dog shop where the dude is from Chicago, so he pulled some ties with Goose Island and brought out their Bourbon County...shit's 14.2% and kicks you in the balls, but a quality stout that is rated at 100% and 95% on beeradvocate.com

Outside of the above, my local pub here does a beer card where you drink them all and get a mug, discount, etc. After doing that a few times I usually  just get Guinness or Boddingtons in my 32oz mug. Guinness is still quality to me, but Boddingtons was one I came across from an ex that lived Oxford as out here on the west coast Premier League games can start around 4 or 7am, so I was looking for a good breakfast beer.

As you can tell, I can talk beer all day :)

Goose Island has some good stuff.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

This would be tough, as I'm a Northwesterner.  We have a seemingly endless supply of craft beer, and narrowing it down to three would be difficult.

More than likely, selections from the following:

Cascade Brewery

Deschutes Brewery

Lompoc Brewing

Those are the three that come to mind for me.  There's also good selections from Ninkasi, Rogue, Fearless, Caldera, and countless others.  Like I said, in the Pacific Northwest, we have a lot of local beer and that's what most of us drink.

If I had to go outside the NW, I'd pick something from:

Samuel Smith  (UK)

Young's [probably Double Chocolate Stout] (UK)

Some other random porter or stout

I really only drink porters and stouts.  I can't do light beer unless it's an IPA or something of the like.  The darker, the better for me.

After 4 years of german beers, there simpy is no going back to American "Pisswasser" ever again......I caught that joke immediately when I started playing this game :lol: .

Everyone loves to cite their uber-secret microbrew, but when it comes to wide-distribution beers that anyone over the age of 12 has heard of, maybe Samuel Adams makes some quality beers depending on the specific one, a lot of people say there are Shiner Bocks worth drinking too, but I haven't tried and am reluctant to be bothered.....other than that American beer now tastes to me like what I would imagine beer-flavored gatorade would taste like. It blows my mind the amount of Budweiser, PBR, Natty Light, etc etc we used to drink back in college.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Being a Belgian guy, I really like their Sofie.

Lots of my Belgian friends always pushed Duval and Jupiler and another one which I cant remember but I actually liked....Hoegaarden? Is that Belgian too, or is it from Botswana but brewed by Belgians? I like that one too, not really easily found though. Belgian Beer can be really good, but there is such a wide variety even in the "mainstream beers" that you can't lump it all into one group IMHO.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Yeah, some of the ones I listed aren't made in Belgium...just that style.

Hoegaarden is one and good. I like it because it's lighter, almost like a white Belgian.

alchemist3321.jpg

+100 to Furdog for New Glarus Brewing, anybody not living in WI is missing out on their beer

I'd have to go with

Spotted Cow

Yuengling (if I could somehow get it in WI)

Jim Beam Devil's Cut

Yeah, some of the ones I listed aren't made in Belgium...just that style.

Hoegaarden is one and good. I like it because it's lighter, almost like a white Belgian.

Hoegaarden would actually be called "white" I think, as its a wheat beer, very light but full of flavour, great as an appetizer if you ask me.:)

• Like 1

got a case of regular old Budweiser on the way home from work today. Plan on it being a very wet weekend,  

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Im going to Canada for the weekend. 

10363624_762519783844451_973068828969829

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• 1 month later...
Ronny's Beer Of The Week

Brewed By: Brewdog

Name: Trashy Blonde

Style: English Pale Ale

Score 0-6: 4,5

The colour is bright and summery, and it's  got a light easy drinking foam on the top of the glass.

It's sweet and fruity with a hint of bitter after-taste.

Definitely a beer I would buy again.

brewdog_trashy_blonde_35-e1297697526363-

(Stole the picture from the www)

Edited by RO9M
  • Like 1

Ronny's Beer Of The Week

Brewed By: Brewdog
Name: Trashy Blonde
Style: English Pale Ale
Score 0-6: 4,5

The colour is bright and summery, and it's  got a light easy drinking foam on the top of the glass.
It's sweet and fruity with a hint of bitter after-taste.
Definitely a beer I would buy again.

brewdog_trashy_blonde_35-e1297697526363-
(Stole the picture from the www)

Ahh, a Brew Dog fan. You'll do alright by me, venn.

I am a fan of Dead Pony Club. We have a Brew Dog bar here in Notts, it's a great night out/heavy morning after.

• Like 1

a974a96b-8721-4285-baa1-77aaf3069978_zps03669314.png

Ahh, a Brew Dog fan. You'll do alright by me, venn.

I am a fan of Dead Pony Club. We have a Brew Dog bar here in Notts, it's a great night out/heavy morning after.

What's not to like my friend :)

Dead Pony will come Mate, i'll promise you that ;)

I was just thinking I would do this to my special of the week, and move it to Hatced's newly added Blogg :)

To be continued ;)

• Like 1