Beer store shopping spree

newyork-nightmare

First off I need to apologize if anyone is a recovering alcoholic. 

And for those who don't drink. 

But for those who do!!!!

If you were given 200 dollars/euros/pounds etc. to spend at a beer store. 

What would be your first 3 picks.

Mine would be;

Becks

Dos Equis

Corona

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dodge

• zmurko

• Ronny

• Matusware

Currently for me it would be.

Leffe

Hoegaarden

Blue Moon

But ideally with £200 to spend I'd get on the beers of Europe website and go nuts.

Southern Comfort, JD & Baileys are a few of the only things I enjoy the times I do drink..

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 1

1. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier - Märzen (dark smoked german bottom-fermented beer, http://www.schlenkerla.de/rauchbier/sorten/sortene.html)

2. Bevog Ond (smoked porter, http://www.bevog.at/#beers)

3. a good stout beer, quite a few of them fit the criteria (let's say Porterhouse Oyster Stout isnt bad (http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/beers-oyster.php)

aecht_schlenkerla_rauchbier_marzen_1.jpg beer_197736.jpg PorterhouseOysterStout.jpg

• Like 1

i dunno how you drink that dark thick beer brother must be a very very aquired taste

Future is nothing but a series of probability

This would be tough, as I'm a Northwesterner.  We have a seemingly endless supply of craft beer, and narrowing it down to three would be difficult.

More than likely, selections from the following:

Cascade Brewery

Deschutes Brewery

Lompoc Brewing

Those are the three that come to mind for me.  There's also good selections from Ninkasi, Rogue, Fearless, Caldera, and countless others.  Like I said, in the Pacific Northwest, we have a lot of local beer and that's what most of us drink.

If I had to go outside the NW, I'd pick something from:

Samuel Smith  (UK)

Young's [probably Double Chocolate Stout] (UK)

Some other random porter or stout

I really only drink porters and stouts.  I can't do light beer unless it's an IPA or something of the like.  The darker, the better for me.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 3

Pelforth Brune

Perroni

Guinness

........and if I'm allowed spirits;

Bruichladdich (18yr +) Whisky

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Absolut Vodka

Edited by WetCaseyHeed
  • Like 1

Thumbs up LN-MLB. Craft beers all the way.

I used to drink Guiness exclusively and considered it to be gods nectar until I've tried some of the craft stouts and porters. They have ruined my Guinness experience, as it tastes like watered down beer to me now, but I've found so many delicious beers that I dont really miss drinking Guinness.

• Like 2

Thumbs up LN-MLB. Craft beers all the way.

I used to drink Guiness exclusively and considered it to be gods nectar until I've tried some of the craft stouts and porters. They have ruined my Guinness experience, as it tastes like watered down beer to me now, but I've found so many delicious beers that I dont really miss drinking Guinness.

Cheers, Zmurko! :)

I hear you--I can't drink it either.  There's a certain aftertaste that I cannot get past with Guinness.  I've spoiled myself so much with craft beer it's ridiculous.  This makes it very difficult when I go out of town, and cannot find a good stout or porter on the menu.  I end up drinking soda instead. :P

• Like 2

Guiness - for sure

Makers Mark or a Knob Creek

and

You probably can't get it in a beer store, but I really like the Broad Axe Stout from Granite City Food & Brewery.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

I hear what you're saying. Guinness doesn't have the 'bite' of a good stout or porter but I have fond memories of sitting at the end of the bar in a certain Irish Pub getting my pint of guinness topped (refreshed) by the barman in very good company. Memories come back to me with every sip!

• Like 2

1. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier - Märzen (dark smoked german bottom-fermented beer, http://www.schlenkerla.de/rauchbier/sorten/sortene.html)

2. Bevog Ond (smoked porter, http://www.bevog.at/#beers)

3. a good stout beer, quite a few of them fit the criteria (let's say Porterhouse Oyster Stout isnt bad (http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/beers-oyster.php)

aecht_schlenkerla_rauchbier_marzen_1.jpg beer_197736.jpg PorterhouseOysterStout.jpg

Gonna have to try some of these. Although Im not sure I can get my hands on them here in the Central US.

Dodgeservice.png

@dodgeservice: Theres probably 0% chance of getting Bevog Ond as its a pretty local beer (probably only sold in Slovenia & Austria), you might find the german one, I think its not such a small brewery from Bamberg. Most likely not in any supermarkets though. ;)

@WetCaseyHeed: nothing beats a memorable beer experience (not even craft beer). I can still taste most of the Guinness me and my mate drank on our trip to Dublin. It would probably be a sin to drink anything else in Dublin too, Guinness "tastes" different/better there somehow. :)

• Like 1

Bud Light, Jack Daniels, Lottery Tickets or Poker Machine

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Probably Bud Light, either Spotted Cow or Summer Shandy beer (depending on the season) and some Corralejo tequila.

I've tried many of the darker beers and I just can't get into them. They don't taste good at all to me no matter how many times I've tried to suffer through them.

kQ4fIRp.png

i came here only cause somebody said: beer...

200 for drinking.. Holy Jesse On Pickup Truck!

Koskenkorva Salmiakki                                              (Vodka with salty liquorice) 32% or as we said it 32 Volts ;D

Smirnoff Ice                                                               4% only but hey this is for appetizer

Karhu Tosi Vahva (Translation: Bear, Real Strong)         8% Beer (pack or two) this is for keep me going after the 32 is gone

"oh im a social drinker, if someone says i will have a drink ill say: So Shall I"

Edit: Pack Or Two = 48 beers...

Edited by Matusware

A buddy and me once picked up a six pack of guinness extra stout...and I'll never forget that flavor. That stuff is way to dark for me, though. Besides, I have enough hair on my chest  ;)

I'd have to go with the following, in no particular order:

1. Platinum Patron (either this or Dos XX)

2. Blue Moon 

3. Baileys