Your RDR2 Stories...

Con

XpT2vdO.jpg?1

Share Your Stories Here!!!  Did you come across a rabid chipmunk? Fell of the train? Botched the bank robbery? Befriended the town bully? or just enjoyed the view from the mountains. Share the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from your adventures with us here!!  Make this your XDBX RDR2 Diary!  Please make sure to indicate Spoilers, if what you are sharing requires it. Thanks.

Edited by Con

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• Lann

• Burgermauger

• Jjss924

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't planning on killing anyone early on in the game but came to that first barn fisticuff and thought "Choke" was to further "interrogate" and instead I asphyxiated the poor dude. At least the Dutch fella seemed to approve. Oh and my hand did sweat riding my horse near that crevice while following Javier up and down that icy mountain because i started playing with my camera while riding and almost fell...but just the trail felt incredibly treacherous. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was just walking down the main strip in Valentine, and a guy shot a snot rocket right in front of me. I stopped to look at him, and he proceeded to wipe his nose. I know that's nothing huge, but it is some incredible detail. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I was riding north of Valentine and found a guy hunting so I was helping him hunt then I heard him say I thought I’d see you. Then comes charging a bear ( not legendary mission ) I was mashing circle to break free and finally got some shots away and killed it. Got a poor skin for it. I took the healing tonic to revive.

Kept on meandering north found a cabin in Vetters echo went to door to see if I could steal from contents. I open the door and as I open the door there was another god dam bear inside the cabin. It broke through the back of the cabin and killed the owner. So now I’m back to mashing circle to break free. Finally killed it. Skinned it and brought to Conrad my horse, and you can only carry 1 bear skin FFS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

@DavidCore89 I was going to post this in the shout box but I guess there's a story in it too.

There is a little Creole fishing village in the swamp north of Saint Denis, and the woman there sells Special Lures for each of the three water types, for a total of $54. I bought those and went a little way away to a river, and caught a catfish! Big bugger, 6kg, and of course my horse could only carry one. Then I caught another catfish. And another. Aaand another. Finally I caught an 8kg catfish, so I swapped round the one on my horse, and went and bought a set of ordinary lures for $7 so I could actually catch fish I could carry!

On the plus side throwing all of those fish back was great for my morality bar at least!

Edited by The_Lady_A
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

@DavidCore89 I was going to post this in the shout box but I guess there's a story in it too.

There is a little Creole fishing village in the swamp north of Saint Denis, and the woman there sells Special Lures for each of the three water types, for a total of $54. I bought those and went a little way away to a river, and caught a catfish! Big bugger, 6kg, and of course my horse could only carry one. Then I caught another catfish. And another. Aaand another. Finally I caught an 8kg catfish, so I swapped round the one on my horse, and went and bought a set of ordinary lures for $7 so I could actually catch fish I could carry!

On the plus side throwing all of those fish back was great for my morality bar at least!

Thanks!

I think upgrades to saddles allow you to carry more items, but size of the item will have something to do with it. I ran into the same issue when skinning some of the larger animals.

• Like 1

Since I heard it was wise to unlock the train stations as it helps reveal some of the map, I did just that and I bought a train ticket in Valentine but didn't realize it instantly puts you on the train, i thought I would get a ticket to use whenever i wanted :D .  I spent several minutes visiting the train stations and cannot wait to visit those places more extensively...i was genuinely excited for the first time in the game. I will say that I hate how sensitive these 'witnesses' seem to be. I saw some dude on the ground and went to check on him, saw that he was dead, so i looted him only to have some dick snitch and accuse me of murder. I wish I could find that dude cause I need to kill him. He got me killed and I wasted so much time trying to escape and on top of it all, I was reviving my horse when I was killed ,so I'm pretty sure i lost my free ultimate edition horse. All I wanted to do was unlock the Fence guy and instead it was a mess.  I also picked up my free guns last night and got excited about the customization options for the weapons. I am also enjoying failing at the moral code...hell yeah I killed that dude in Valentine that had seen me in Blackwater and had to chase his ass...why would I let him live? He already brought attention to me and the gang trying to lay low. word.

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Took a break last night from RDR2. Figured I should because I saw a deer on my way home from work, and immediately wondered how the pelt was...

It felt just like the first time I saw an armored truck IRL after I started playing GTAO. Immediately thought a sticky bomb would open that bitch right up. 

Edited by Dodge
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Dodgeservice.png

31 minutes ago, Dodge said:

Took a break last night from RDR2. Figured I should because I saw a deer on my way home from work, and immediately wondered how the pelt was...

It felt just like the first time I saw an armored truck IRL after I started playing GTAO. Immediately thought a sticky bomb would open that bitch right up. 

I was in a cafe today with my wife, having lunch. And the cafe had wall paper with an alligator skin pattern. I immidiately told my wife I skinned an alligator yesterday. She gave me a facepalm and told me to come back to reality??

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

She gave me a facepalm and told me to come back to reality??

Well since we are sharing awkward wife moments I had one of those also that I was going to save for later but what the hell...so some of you know how much I truly love animals and insects. So it’s natural for me to bond with my horse or anything that will let me pet it in the game.

So there I was giving my horse Reefer, a brushing and a petting, just giving him mad love, when my wife walks in and says...”is that guy making out with a horse?”...what kind of game is that? I said, I’m bonding with the horse so I can whistle for it from far away. She didn’t want to know more. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep, wife comes home after being riding irl the other night. I am playing and tells her to look at my fine my horse. She barely looks and lets me know its a video game. 

But alot better than when i was trying to say gta was alot more than just killing people. Her reply was that she could not understand the need for being able to visit prostitutes in a game. There is no way to keep that conversation going in any direction where she would understand the true beauty of that versatile game. 

• Haha 2

The other day I was lured by food and romance and lost all my money and ended up left for dead along with someones old mom.

Put it in spoilers just in case.

So after taken the picture of Black Belle down south i am heading home with a alligator skin on my horse. I came across a house with a massive guy sitting on the porch. As soon as i came close he invited me for dinner, very persistent. Along came his much less repulsive female companion, and the both of them made me interested enough to accept the invite. I was send upstairs to see what was causing her to take so long getting dressed up. Visiting the lady upstairs in her bedroom she made it clear that there would be a time for that as well, no rush, dinner first. Along with the stew came a drink, something I was expected to accept, I figured i needed to encourage this southern hospitality and downed a first shot. As things got a bit blurry I do think I had the option to say no to a second shot that was immediately offered. But the buzz kind of got me wanting more and I took a second shot. I woke up under the corpse of their dead mother in a hole filled with dead people. As I made it back to the house they were as gone a my money, only thing I found in the house was a few Coyotes.

I got so angry I reloaded my last save (and lost a few hours) just to be able to get them back. I went back and put a arrow in his head, two seconds later she came running out and stabbed me to death (but this time she didnt take my money). Lann 0 - Annie Wilkes 2

Found its name: Aberdeen pig farm

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

This is a short visual story of my life in St. Denis....I was just trying to check out the General Store in peace and end up going Red Dead Madden instead. I still have no idea why it happened, except I must have hit a button. 

Spoiler

Edited by Con
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I killed two bounty hunters by the a river and I picked one up , walked to the river and dropped him in the water. It was pretty cool as his body sunk.  I went back for the other body and when I got to the water's edge, I saw the first body floating a few feet away. It was hilarious to me. I dropped the second body in the water. I got back to my horse and as I rode away, i saw the two bodies floating down the river. Too cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also posted this in the video section because it's such a great R* touch. When kindness goes wrong but right. Con be accidentally exposing fools! 

Spoiler

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

Tried to help a fugitive today and as I was about to shoot his cuffs off, he opened his stupid mouth and i had to kill him. Looted his ass too, he had a penny, gave it to the camp. I also spent way too much time petting a digital dog today. I also won my first hand of poker. That is going to be fun doing that with the crew...TNT Poker Nights.....?

Edited by Con
  • Like 3

Also i have gotten more bounties accidentally smashing into people with my horse in towns and cities then actually committing any intentional crime...

• Like 1