Less connection / freezing issues since 1.13?

DavidCore89

I deleted the game data  and downloaded all the patches again when 1.13 came out.Cleared cache too.Didn't help.

All the freezing started happening after the Business Update.Before that the game would run smoothly for me.

Agreed, I've done the same steps.

I use DLC version which had no freezing issues but I've had the freezing issues since the Business Update, it's been unplayable for the past few days.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Pb76

• handcuff_charlie

• vishesh_91

Same here, last night I froze 3 times in 15 minutes, gave up after that.

I get so frustrated with the continual freezing, the game has been next to unplayable for me since the update.

I have the same problem freezing every 20m mins. I never had any problem until the most recent update.

Too early to tell. But I seem to get stuck in menus where I've never gotten stuck before. Like when calling the mechanic and not being able to either choose a vehicle or back out. Same thing has happened at the TV menu as well.

Same here on all accounts. Too soon to judge IMO.

I hard froze IN THE CREATOR. That has never happened before.

I actually played a round with Tsarney in the room, but that is more likely because I put my PS3 in a DMZ on my router.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I deleted the game data and downloaded all the patches again when 1.13 came out.Cleared cache too.Didn't help.

All the freezing started happening after the Business Update.Before that the game would run smoothly for me.

Same for me, no freezing prior to this update

If anyone's having connection issues,try changing your Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4.

You can do this by going to  Settings-->Network Settings-->Internet Connection Settings.

Worked for me!

If anyone's having connection issues,try changing your Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4.

You can do this by going to  Settings-->Network Settings-->Internet Connection Settings.

Worked for me!

What kind of "connection issues" were you having and this new DNS server address worked for you how?

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I always had problems with freezing, doesnt help that my disc is somewhat cracked.... but ever since the update it has been worse. Almost unplayable.

This game is really pushing me towards the end of my patience with it. As soon as I find something to replace it with, I think my GTAonline days are going to be over.

Regardless I will NOT be buying anything else R* makes.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Regardless I will NOT be buying anything else R* makes.

Hardest thing to promise :D

R* = good games, poor execution/support :ph34r:

Hardest thing to promise :D

R* = good concepts for games, poor execution/support :ph34r:

fixed

Nah, if my mind is made up on doing or not doing something, then it may as well be the 11th commandment. 

I am going to try a different DNS server and if that doesnt improve anything, then I am going to do some racing on Gran Turismo online. I'm really sick of wasting so much time loading, reloading, rebooting, freezing, games dumping right in the middle of good action....this crew is the only reason I haven't quit weeks ago.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

fixed

Nah, if my mind is made up on doing or not doing something, then it may as well be the 11th commandment. 

I am going to try a different DNS server and if that doesnt improve anything, then I am going to do some racing on Gran Turismo online. I'm really sick of wasting so much time loading, reloading, rebooting, freezing, games dumping right in the middle of good action....this crew is the only reason I haven't quit weeks ago.

Meh, GT took the same road to me : an old license that was good, ending up somewhat too casual, with no support, broken promises, blah blah blah

Back to GTAO, try the DNS vishesh_91 gave you. It's the Google ones. If it doesn't work, the issue must be somewhere else.

I got no problem about freezing. I'm on full-NAT.... and that's all :huh:

one of the reasons I dont like free roam. the minute I come in contact with another person I time out.

happened all day yesterday. 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Yes

Meh, GT took the same road to me : an old license that was good, ending up somewhat too casual, with no support, broken promises, blah blah blah

Back to GTAO, try the DNS vishesh_91 gave you. It's the Google ones. If it doesn't work, the issue must be somewhere else.

I got no problem about freezing. I'm on full-NAT.... and that's all :huh:

Freezing probably ranks as #3 on the list of problems with this game, behind dropping-connection/room-dumping, and timed out errors. Yeah, that DNS address was the one I was going to use, will give it a go for a while before logging in to do the capture event tonight and see how it goes. I am switching to a wired connection too, although I am going to have to use a home power line adaptor because running a cable from the PS3 to my router, while physically possible, is impractical and simply not an option in my house...and besides I do not have these issues with other games so what is it about GTAonline that makes the difference?

For anyone else looking to get a wired connection but cant run a cable directly, here is the adaptor I got, but I cant recommend it yet since I wont have it until tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AZUTCS/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

I am curious to see if this thing really works well.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I have a hard wire, it's about 30M and does the job, always have used one and I only ever have any problems with this game, no other game in the history of my online gaming.

@HC, I have GT6 and might join you for a few races one day, been a while since I played it and never got into online as much as I would have liked to.

I was just playing some deathmatch with wecang and revbouncer and some others from DB, and my ps3 froze solid about 10 mins ago. I hate hearing the 3 beeps when I'm forced to power it down. It's the second time that it's happened recently. I'm pretty new to DB so I hope they don't think I just left.

PS3 has been on for a little over 2 hours. I think I may dissect it and apply some good thermal compund...

I have a hard wire, it's about 30M and does the job, always have used one and I only ever have any problems with this game, no other game in the history of my online gaming.

@HC, I have GT6 and might join you for a few races one day, been a while since I played it and never got into online as much as I would have liked to.

I haven't bought 6 yet, and wasn't planning on buying it....but R* is doing their best to change my mind it would seem sometimes.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I froze solid twice in 20 minutes last night, once in creator, once in free roam with me and bullittblitz, after that I had an hour with no issues.

The biggest pain in the arse is the unpredictability of the freezing, not know what to avoid to prevent it.

I usually stay away from full lobbies.If it has more than 10-12 people I'll look for a different session.

Sometimes I can be in a full lobby with no issues, there was only me and bullitt in a lobby last night and I froze (triple-beep)

Unfortunately the freezing can't be stopped or predicted and probably won't be going away any time soon.

Best to sit tight and hope for improvements in the future but I'm not holding my breath.

What I've noticed is people on a number of forums and support websites making drastic changes to their WIFI security settings in different ways, DNS, DMZ, opening up their PS3, cleaning and or adding thermal paste etc - all of which make no difference at all and when it's all done you'll be wishing you didn't open the PS3 or enter the GUI of the router  :lol:

All other online games are running smoothly (which I've played) and I play for often over 24 hours at a time with no kicking, freezing or any other BS.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

^^^exactly, I'm not gonna start messing around opening up my console or farting about with router settings that work fine with everything else.

• Like 1