Less connection / freezing issues since 1.13?

DavidCore89

I don't want to jump the gun here but I have froze or lost connection just once since the update, it was not a 'hard freeze', XMB was still accessible and I was able to quit the game.

I've also noticed that I am getting the chance to game with some of the members who were having much bigger problems than myself.

Even playlists seem to be holding on to more players.

On the other hand, I have read on the Newswire that some players are having a lot more trouble and can often not even load SP.

What are your thoughts, am I on the right track with this or way off?

Edited by DavidCore89

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Pb76

• handcuff_charlie

• vishesh_91

Too early to tell. But I seem to get stuck in menus where I've never gotten stuck before. Like when calling the mechanic and not being able to either choose a vehicle or back out. Same thing has happened at the TV menu as well.

• Like 2

desuno1.jpg

I've frozen once (while in a lobby waiting for a job to load), but have been kicked out of two different playlists since the update.  One of those kickouts put me into story mode, and the other just sent me back to free roam.

Either way, the freezing has been less on my end since the update before last, but I don't want to jinx myself.

• Like 1

Too early to tell. But I seem to get stuck in menus where I've never gotten stuck before. Like when calling the mechanic and not being able to either choose a vehicle or back out. Same thing has happened at the TV menu as well.

I've had that, only the start button seems to free it up.

nothing has changed for me. Still stuck in timed-outville

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

nothing has changed for me. Still stuck in timed-outville

I was able to accept your invite to the PL, usually I get 'player no longer in session' when I take your invites.

Edited by DavidCore89

thats the only thing I can seem to do without a problem. Is hosting!

• Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

My game (almost) never froze before and has been quite a bit lately. I was thinking it had to do with the update as well...

But it might be my PS3 getting old, sometimes it has huge problems drawing the surroundings. Do you guys have that sometimes, that the building aren't there yet for example?

Desu + MLB can vouch that PSN sucks. I got boned, literally stuck sitting in LSC about to customize a Phoenix I finally found when I decided to delete a FR from someone I didn't know. Nope. Endless loop stuck deleting for 5+ minutes till I turned the game off. That's PSN though.

As for the game, I've hardly ever had an issue with our group PLs. Even the 12+ ones, hardly ever. So I cannot comment on that. The only real issues I have are during the H2H, so the jury is still out on that one until I get in another.

I believe I've only had 1 freeze that required a hard reset since this update. Crossing my fingers.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I had a serious problem with freezing before, but seems even worse now since the update. I'm having to hard start my ps almost every 30-40 minutes now. It's getting ridiculous.

Mhh, yeah, no.

We saw today at the vetting process today that connection issues still occurs :(

In that DM near Vespucci Beach, everybody suddently quit the game... and when I managed to reconnect to the playlist, everybody was still playing :P

Um, I think connection problems meant I allowed that damn chrome car to pass me on the last straight in the playlist.

Um, I think connection problems meant I allowed that damn chrome car to pass me on the last straight in the playlist.

So, can't handle my chrome ? Topless though B):P

I had a serious problem with freezing before, but seems even worse now since the update. I'm having to hard start my ps almost every 30-40 minutes now. It's getting ridiculous.

Same thing happening to me, I thought it was an over heating issue at first but I see lots of other people are having the same problem - don't remember my PS ever freezing before the update

I'm experiencing this as well, not a major issue I suppose just annoying

smoggy1979.jpg

I'm freezing a lot more often since last update, it's gone from 2 or 3 times a week to 2 or 3 times a day.  

Most annoying time it happens is when I've just stolen a jet, all that effort for nothing!

I'm freezing a lot more often since last update, it's gone from 2 or 3 times a week to 2 or 3 times a day.  

Most annoying time it happens is when I've just stolen a jet, all that effort for nothing!

Same here, last night I froze 3 times in 15 minutes, gave up after that.

I get so frustrated with the continual freezing, the game has been next to unplayable for me since the update.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I get so frustrated with the continual freezing, the game has been next to unplayable for me since the update.

Have you tried that "clear cache" method ?

I haven't got freezing issue since the update (only played <10 hours)

If I leave the game on and don't touch the controller for like 5 minutes or so it always freezes(this is not getting kicked for being idle).Connection problems also still exist for me.

If I leave the game on and don't touch the controller for like 5 minutes or so it always freezes(this is not getting kicked for being idle).Connection problems also still exist for me.

Same here, freezing when I'm not doing anything, also freezing when I select GTAO, the loading icon stops and that is that lol.

I'v cleared cache with no success.

I deleted the game data  and downloaded all the patches again when 1.13 came out.Cleared cache too.Didn't help.

All the freezing started happening after the Business Update.Before that the game would run smoothly for me.