What grinds your gears?

rumdig

People that lose keys to high end cars at work. Nothing like having to have a car towed to a dealer for $500 keys. Sure, it's not my money but I needed to work on that car.

Even most low end cars require a trip to the dealer for dup keys. Good ol' PATS! LOL!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScottyB

• Jaggy

• rumdig

• bullittblitz

Even most low end cars require a trip to the dealer for dup keys. Good ol' PATS! LOL!

I ended up with the extra key to get it done, but they still wanted to tow it for the second key to be programmed instead of driving it back to the dealer. The car was a Porsche Cayman with about 30 miles on it. The other key was found around the time I finished the car after being missing since last Wednesday.

Automotive CD players are not piggy banks.

I pulled a radio out of a car which resulted in a loud pop through the speakers and a lot of rattling noises inside the case. The culprit? A hand full of change landed on the internal board which fried the radio.

Automotive CD players are not piggy banks.

I pulled a radio out of a car which resulted in a loud pop through the speakers and a lot of rattling noises inside the case. The culprit? A hand full of change landed on the internal board which fried the radio.

Probably the same kid who put the grilled cheese sandwich in the VCR slot.

• Like 1

What grinds my gears ? Useless crap like the latest update instead of fixing their god@#$% servers ! How long has it been since GTA's release on the ps4 ? 8 months ? Get your sh@t together you bunch of trained monkeys.

Edited by FragTrap666

New things that grind my gears:

When people write w/ instead of writing the word 'with'... How lazy is that? Why is 'with' the only word that people need to shorten by using a forward slash?... I can think of longer words that could benefit from this odd form of shortening.

LOL, I do that way more than I should! Sorry ;)

Anyway, I'm generally an extremely passive person, however.. When someone spam texts me (especially when I am sleeping), I could quite literally throw my phone into a brick wall. 

• Like 1

Well, it doesn't really "grind my gears", but I don't jump for joy either. Called my Veteran's Administration clinic for an doc appt today. Yeah, over 3 weeks from now. I guess it's better than 7 weeks for the last one. : GRIMACE :

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Well, it doesn't really "grind my gears", but I don't jump for joy either. Called my Veteran's Administration clinic for an doc appt today. Yeah, over 3 weeks from now. I guess it's better than 7 weeks for the last one. : GRIMACE :

Everything about the VA grinds my gears. My experience with the VA is put a bandaid on the problem and hope for the best instead of fixing the problem.

Everything about the VA grinds my gears. My experience with the VA is put a bandaid on the problem and hope for the best instead of fixing the problem.

Yeah, I have many horror stories that I have experienced and those by friends.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Having to park at least a block (2 football fields) away from my house.. So frustrating that there is no car spaces anywhere anymore! Damn first world problems.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Renovating your house and trying to play the game by the rules, only to find out you'll get screwed sideways by the authorities with their impossible/ridiculous laws.

• Like 3

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Renovating your house and trying to play the game by the rules, only to find out you'll get screwed sideways by the authorities with their impossible/ridiculous laws.

Not sure what it's like for your country, but I'm ours it's much the same. I'm in the building industry and when you actually think about the rules, a lot don't actually make sense. I'm far too honest and it always gets me. Trying to start my own business and to learn and play by the rules is impossible. It's sad, but only the people who are willing to bend and break the rules will get ahead. The majority of the rules for anything only punish the honest people and that sucks.

Rockstar! Surprised no one has said this yet. Rockstar annoys me a fair bit with all their issues within the game. Sure, it's all free. But I would be more then happy to pay a small monthly subscription if they would fix these issues. It's one of the best and most versatile games which is destroyed by what seems to be such minor issues in which any decent programmer should be able to fix with ease..

This leads me on to incompetent people. Maybe I expect too much from people, but as a minimum you should be able to do your job properly. Is that really too much to ask?

Sheep! I really hate people who ignorantly follow the masses without using their own judgement. I do understand that it is built into us to a degree and it does serve as a type of survival function, but in this day and age most of those excuses are irrelevant. I guess we all can't be the same and that's what differentiates the few visionaries and extremely successful people who are helping to advance the human race. It would be good if people could support each other's differences and visions instead of trying to make a mould that everyone in society has to fit in to.

End rant :P

• Like 4

scottyb1988.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Clients/customers. Everyone has issues with them and yet the majority of us are that annoying customer occasionaly. This one is very common in the construction industry (just happened) and really annoys me at people's ignorance and selfishness.

We're here Saturday can you come in then? Oh you don't work Saturdays? Do you work Saturdays? Why the *%#¥ should I work Saturday if you're not!? I want and have a life outside of work too you know..

And then they tell me the job needs to be done by Wednesday, which would be fine but then go on to say they won't be home Monday or Tuesday. So it needs to be done before Monday if I can't get back until it's meant to be done? Hmm when will the stupidity end!

Edited by ScottyB88

scottyb1988.jpg

in game - music and shouting down the mic, modders+glitchers, and those $6,000,000 or rp deathmatches

real life- people in general lol, the celebrity culture pisses me off i hate the kardashians so fucking much lol, and the british summer

• Like 3

nicolabellamy77.png

Clients/customers. Everyone has issues with them and yet the majority of us are that annoying customer occasionaly. This one is very common in the construction industry (just happened) and really annoys me at people's ignorance and selfishness.

We're here Saturday can you come in then? Oh you don't work Saturdays? Do you work Saturdays? Why the *%#¥ should I work Saturday if you're not!? I want and have a life outside of work too you know..

Guilty!

I always ask businesses if they work on Saturdays first.  Only because I hate allowing other people in my home when I'm home alone with my kids.  If they don't have Saturdays available, it's all good and I make arrangements, but I am so guilty.

Guilty!

I always ask businesses if they work on Saturdays first. Only because I hate allowing other people in my home when I'm home alone with my kids. If they don't have Saturdays available, it's all good and I make arrangements, but I am so guilty.

Boo :P I do get it, but it's frustrating when we work 7-330, Monday to Friday and are expected to bend to the customers needs, like starting later since they don't want to be up early or working back late or finishing up unrealistically early because they need it done for people coming over etc why can't the customer take a few days off work to let me work during that Monday to Friday?

We also get people who won't let you in their house or use their toilet. So when you need to go you should find their vegetable garden and give it a shower :) probably shouldn't have said that but if you want to be a dick and deny basic human rights that's what you get.

I don't know how common it is for tradesman to steal or abuse people in their homes which would be the only reason for people to act that way. I certainly would never do that but i guess others might.

Oh well, end rant :P

Edited by ScottyB88

scottyb1988.jpg

Boo :P I do get it, but it's frustrating when we work 7-330, Monday to Friday and are expected to bend to the customers needs, like starting later since they don't want to be up early or working back late or finishing up unrealistically early because they need it done for people coming over etc why can't the customer take a few days off work to let me work during that Monday to Friday?

We also get people who won't let you in their house or use their toilet. So when you need to go you should find their vegetable garden and give it a shower :) probably shouldn't have said that but if you want to be a dick and deny basic human rights that's what you get.

I don't know how common it is for tradesman to steal or abuse people in their homes which would be the only reason for people to act that way. I certainly would never do that but i guess others might.

Oh well, end rant :P

Not all companies are bad, but it's hard to trust people.  When my landscapers were here, they did work Tuesday-Thursday/Friday.  They never once asked to use my bathroom, although I would have allowed it as long as they wore shoe protectors.  I don't want dirt dragged across my floors.  :lol:

If I know the company only works Monday-Friday, I don't bother asking about weekends.  But if I don't see days/hours of operations, then I ask for Saturdays.  No tantrums if I am told no though.  :P

• Like 1

Sheep! I really hate people who ignorantly follow the masses without using their own judgement.

End rant :P

^This has bugged me for years. So many people are scared to use that squash thingy inside their head. Mark Dice has a few interesting YouTube videos related to zombies/sheep and their willingness to mindlessly follow.

• Like 1

When you accidentally purchase the PS Vita version of a game on the PS Store. Because I just did... : TEARS : ... F*********k!!!: SHOUT :

• Like 3

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

• 1 month later...

It's only the 4th day of school for the 2015-2016 school year and I am ready to lose my cool on some of these parent's during pickup/drop off time... yeah, I'm one of THOSE moms...

First:

STOP AT THE GOD DAMN STOP SIGNS!  Especially in front of the school.  I was driving my daughter to school this morning and this old lady in a mini van ran the stop sign in front of the school and the crosswalk.  Thankfully no kids were in the crosswalk, but I almost hit her.  The speed limit is 25mph, but I do about 15 there because it's a school area and kid's are every where.  Safety first, right?  It would absolutely kill me if I hit a kid.  It seems like most parent's at the school only care about their child's safety, no one else's.  So then once I got parked, the old lady parked two cars behind me and gave me a couple of dirty looks.  Bitch, please.  I've had no coffee.  You're just asking for trouble.  She never had the guts to say anything to me, but I was giving her some really nasty looks the entire time.  

No one in this city gives a shit about stop signs.  Just last weekend, some inconsiderate "neighbor" of mine ran the stop sign and almost broad sided me in our community.

Second:

Don't block the mother f-ing crosswalks!  This was from yesterday.  My car is the blue one on the left.  Notice how far up I'm parked?  Yeah... this dumb ass in the truck decided it was OK to block the crosswalk and the ramp.  I have my youngest in the wagon for drop off/pick ups, so I use those ramps daily.  I had to walk around the truck just to get back up on the other side of the sidewalk.  I will not confirm or deny if there are a few scuffs on that truck.

blocking%20crosswalks_zpslwzwfcof.jpg

Last (for now, because it's only day #4):

Red zones (fire lanes) are NO PARKING zones.  I don't care if your precious wittle snowflake can't walk five extra f-ing steps to get in your car in the parking lot.  You can't park there.  I don't care if the price tag for your car was $80,000+, get your ass out of the god damn fire lane.  I love where I live, it's a cute little neighborhood.  I just hate the sense of entitlement in this area.  It's like, "Look at me, I have money, I can drive my Mercedes through your house if I damn well please... and I'll flip YOU off because your house was in MY way."  I hate people.  I really do. 

If any of you drive like this, I will hurt you.  If you see a national news story of a mother from Las Vegas losing her shit on other parent's--it's me.

I'm going to finish my coffee and do some breathing exercises before I have to go back to that bullshit at 3pm today.

Edited by Jaggy
  • Like 4

@Jaggy These aren't just acts of discourtesy, these are wreckless traffic violations... Report those d-bags! I'd have more than half a mind to chase these people down, yank them out of their cars and go all gta on their asses! : FIRE :

• Like 1

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png