• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScottyB

• Jaggy

• rumdig

• bullittblitz

Same here

Running/joining crew playlists seems to earn me enough to pay for ammo and the odd respray. I feel like I've retired from my life of crime and I'm actually living the highlife

• Like 3

I haven't actually done a mission since highlife......

I think I've done one at the most.  To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of on a hiatus from doing missions.  I feel as though I've done them all a million times, and I'd much rather test out new race tracks, improve my lap times, or explore new DM maps and captures.  I honestly don't think I can ever do RR or Coveted again.  Maybe once every two months or so, but I just can't do the grind anymore.

• Like 1

I am the opposite, I have been doing every mission from the beginning to the end [not for grinding] -- a lot of them have gotten harder now, a few of them have slightly changed, there are also a couple of new ones as well!...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I don't start public sessions, but occassionally end up in them after our PL's or whatever. The clowns that act like they are the only two in the session while arguing or acting like e-gangsters spamming the mic with empty threats and fighting.

alchemist3321.jpg

• 11 months later...

Bump an old thread.

New things that grind my gears:

When people write w/ instead of writing the word 'with'... How lazy is that? Why is 'with' the only word that people need to shorten by using a forward slash?... I can think of longer words that could benefit from this odd form of shortening.

Another thing is when people say that they did something "Like a boss"... Does this mean they sat on a swivel chair with their feet on the desk while an unattractive middle aged woman probably called Angela did it for them?... If so, I'd rather do it "Like an easily replaceable temporary agency worker".

That is all.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 10

There are three things that come to mind:

1) When people come to my house without calling or notifying me ahead of time.  I understand this may be a cultural thing, but it drives me absolutely insane and I refuse to answer the door unless I'm expecting someone.  In my opinion, it shows a complete disregard for my time and what I may be doing or planning on doing at that given moment.

2) Close talkers and those without regard for personal space.  There is no reason to get closer and closer to someone when you are speaking directly to them.  My hearing may not be the greatest, but if you're standing at least an arms length or more away, I'm sure I can hear you loud and clear.  I especially dislike this when it is someone I do not know and I have no problems letting them know just how I feel.

3) People who wear extraordinary amounts of perfume or cologne.  Don't even get me started with this--nothing is worse than being able to smell the stench of some artificial chemicals that continue to linger in the air long after that person has walked away.  Most of these chemicals trigger a rather unpleasant migraine and if one practices good, regular hygiene, there is really no reason to subject others to ungodly amounts of whatever you may feel smells great.  I absolutely hate it and while I'm generally a fairly live and let live kind of person, I wish to god a ban would be issued in certain public places.

Another thing is when people say that they did something "Like a boss"... Does this mean they sat on a swivel chair with their feet on the desk while an unattractive middle aged woman probably called Angela did it for them?... If so, I'd rather do it "Like an easily replaceable temporary agency worker".

Probably the funniest thing I've read all day.  :lol:

• Like 5

A lot of stuff bugs me in real life.  I'm not good with dealing with people face-to-face anymore... unless we're friends.  I blame years of retail work when I was younger.   :lol:

If you really want to piss me off, say you will do something and not do it.  It's cool if it happens once or twice.  Things come up and people do forget things sometimes.  We're humans.  But if you make it a habit, I'll flip out.  Keep your word.  It's not that difficult.

Guilt tripping bothers me a lot too.  My mom does it sometimes when I don't answer the phone when she calls.  I'm busy, sometimes with chores around the house or errands to run.  So, if I don't answer my phone, she will post on Facebook a few minutes after the missed call time saying, "I'm sad", then all of her friend's are like, "OMG what's wrong??"  And she tells them that she wants to talk to her granddaughter, but no one answered the phone.  That doesn't make me want to pick up the phone and call her back any faster.

And with the mention of Facebook, do you need to share everything in your life?  Meals, your sex life, what you did in the bathroom, the savings you got at the dollar store, etc?  It's just so much over sharing.  It's like some sort of competition.  Everyone is competing with each other when it's like, OMG I know you in real life and your life isn't as luxurious as you're trying to make it out to be on social media.  I keep Facebook around for the "lawlz" these days.

For you DC:

• Like 7

Most of the things on this page annoy me as well

Especially this

1) When people come to my house without calling or notifying me ahead of time.  I understand this may be a cultural thing, but it drives me absolutely insane and I refuse to answer the door unless I'm expecting someone.  In my opinion, it shows a complete disregard for my time and what I may be doing or planning on doing at that given moment.

I thought it was just me, so glad you posted that.

Over use / misuse of Facebook as well. I mean, does it really matter whether I "like" my wife's cousin's hairdressing salon?

Now one other thing that annoys me, groups of people walking really slowly side by side on pavements and blocking them so no one else can get by (unless of course there's a good reason, like if they are elderly, with young kids, etc, that's clearly OK).  I was once "held up" by a couple pushing a pram, blocking the pavement. At first I thought, OK they have a child in the pram, and it was on a very slight slope. But all sympathy disappeared when I finally got passed them and saw the pram did not have a baby in it, but two chihuahua dogs!

Edited by djw180
  • Like 8

What really really bothers me is when some people drag their feet while walking. It's very irritating. Pick up your damn feet!

• Like 3

haha Facebook! Yeah over sharing and all that sucks but it's the way of the future. I had a similar discussion with my GF about her company starting to conduct business on Twitter and Facebook. They have hired trained people to answer and resolve your problems/questions in Facebook or direct you to a private chat. To me that's ridiculous but this is how the new generation does things so companies need to follow suit or be left in the dark ages..

What really pisses me off is traffic. It's such crap that roads being built today are to accommodate the population 10 years ago instead of in 10 years (it takes almost 10 years to approve and build and then it's already outdated anyway) I hardly want t leave the house during any peak time because it's so inefficient.. Taking almost double the time to do the same thing. Not to mention adding another 2 hours or so you your working day.

And then we have the people who deliberately push up a lane that ends or turns where they don't want to go etc and then try to push in. They cause the traffic to be so much worse then it has to be, just sit in line and wait like everybody else! I'm very close to ramming them of the road or pulling them out and beating them senseless or I'll just call my tank and that should be a quicker way to work!

• Like 3

scottyb1988.jpg

I'm totally fine with Facebook/Twitter being around.  I use both of them.  It's just the constant over sharing.  Most of the people on my friend's list are my age or older.  They are the biggest "over sharing offenders" I've ever seen.  I think I'd rather deal with a bunch of selfies with duck face instead of some of the things I read that really shouldn't be on social media.  :lol:

• Like 2

It seems we in general dislike the same shit lol, I am a person that doesn't get pissed off easily but most of the shit you guys dislike I do to, especially people coming unannounced. Most of the time I don't answer the doorbell also but I have a wife lol... I get pissed off with other drivers on the road frequently though, I really don't think I am better than anyone but people seem to be getting worse driving instead of the opposite

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I have one thing that really really annoys me, when I was a bit younger I would sleep through the night without even waking up. Now I have to wake up once or twice during it to take a piss, apparently it will get worse and it really annoys me because ive always had trouble falling asleep, my last post was on this topic about one hour ago, I woke up to do that and still couldn't fall back asleep :(

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

The unwritten law of Jante  (free translation from Swedish)

This and the forms it can take:

Jante formulate in words the unwritten law that says that you can not stand up and believe that you are better than others in some way. Jante linked to culture in many places in Scandinavia . Similar phenomena are however in many places in the world. In English, the term Tall poppy syndrome which means that someone who achieved something positive not recognized because people do not think he's worth it.

Spending time if the US, where in my oppinion this is much less of a problem and where you actually can be proud of any achievments, added to my discomfort with this "unwritten law".

• Like 1

Facebook OMG. Accidentally deleted a brother in law which end up in big family row. Just because you are part of my family, does not mean you automatically get in my friends list.

Short version: no more Facebook for me, that place is getting worse

• Like 2

Facebook OMG. Accidentally deleted a brother in law which end up in big family row. Just because you are part of my family, does not mean you automatically get in my friends list.

Short version: no more Facebook for me, that place is getting worse

Yeah, I deleted an in-law and that unnamed person called my husband and cried/complained about it.  Grown ass man crying/whining because he got deleted off of a friend's list on Facebook.   :rolleyes:

Family acts worse than a group of middle school girls who got in a fight over which One Direction boy is cuter.  Or whatever it is middle school aged kids argue about.

Ethanol in gasoline grinds my gears. ace.gif

It's total bullshit! Oh, we can grow fuel!!!  NO YOU CAN"T! jerko.gif

There isn't enough land on the planet to grow our thirst for fuel. And it's shitty fuel.

Even the 10% they put in out fuel here in North America degrades the fuel, less power and worse fuel mileage. And it wreaks havoc on anything that isn't used on a daily basis. I have to treat all the fuel for the various small engine in yard equipment and drain the fuel in my dirt bike because if you give it any time to evaporate it turns into a varnish and you have to take it apart and clean it. If you have a fiberglass fuel tank on a motorcycle or boat forget it, Ethanol fuel will ruin your tank.

The whole ethanol thing benefits only corn farmers and politicians. Everyone else gets shitty fuel, higher corn prices and higher beef prices. dizave.gif

Another related fuel thing that grinds my gears is EPA mandated fuel cans. If you've ever used on and haven't spilled fuel all over the ground, congratulations! you're the only person on the planet to do so. They do exactly the opposite of what they are supposed to do. Well done EPA!!  Note* if you want an old school gas can that actually works search Amazon for "Fuel jug" or "Utility can."

• Like 6

Another one from me.

Microsoft Word Auto Correct.

If, for some unknown reason, I ever actually wanted to post a smiley in a word doc then I would use the appropriate symbol from the symbols menu. If I type a ":" followed by a ")" then that is actually what I want to appear in the text. I do not want it automatically changed to a smiley face. (I'm at work writing up notes for some computer code, the : and ) mean something in the coding language I'm using).

I know I can turn Auto Correct off or tell it not to do specific corrections, and I have done that now. But I don't understand why the default for MS word is to assume I wanted the smileys in the first place.

• Like 1

What grinds my gears?

That's an easy answer and it covers quite a large selection of "irritants". Plain and simple, all variants of liars.

Everything else in life is pretty minor in the big picture.

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

People that lose keys to high end cars at work. Nothing like having to have a car towed to a dealer for $500 keys. Sure, it's not my money but I needed to work on that car.

• Like 1

People who drive in the left lane, going under the posted speed limit. Drives me bat-shit-crazy.

You mean right lane, right? :P even though here, by law, I think if you're under 90km/h you can stay in any lane, it's inconsiderate to be doing that, especially when no one is in the other lane! That's so frustrating when you have to change into the slower lane to overtake the car in the fast lane.. Edited by ScottyB88
  • Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

People that lose keys to high end cars at work. Nothing like having to have a car towed to a dealer for $500 keys. Sure, it's not my money but I needed to work on that car.

I love when that happens. 

Dodgeservice.png