Wreckfest

Squirrel

I have some answers about servers and it isn’t good. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1642041106373158519/

It seems that players being able to host their own lobbies and invite their friends to it isn’t going to be an option at launch. 

There will be many different lobby types you can join and hopefully you can join on your friends but it does seem that racing with randoms is looking like the only thing we can do to start with. 

They have said player hosted lobbies is something that can be added depending on community feedback so I’m thinking we bombard their social media and make sure  it’s included, if not at launch then very soon after. 

I’ve linked a steam topic above where the server conversation for consoles has taken place, 

The Twitter accounts are @bugbeargames for the developers and @thqnordic for the publishers. 

They are very responsive to their community so we need to tell them what we want. 

• Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Mythaga

• CatManDoza

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Oh God @Squirrel no..... don’t let @doubleg213 have their customer complaints contact details!

The more of us harassing them to include player hosted servers the better!

Racing with randoms can get very frustrating very quickly especially if they rather wreck than race. 

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

The more of us harassing them to include player hosted servers the better!

Racing with randoms can get very frustrating very quickly especially if they rather wreck than race. 

Indeed... G may complain so much though that they cancel a PS4 release altogether. 

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

They need to allow hosting your own lobbies,it would be ridiculous not to. 

On PC the lobbies are great because you can also add bots, so you can always have full and busy races. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

They need to allow hosting your own lobbies,it would be ridiculous not to. 

On PC the lobbies are great because you can also add bots, so you can always have full and busy races. 

Bots sound cool for something like this as the more cars on the track the better!

It worked great on PC, you set the number and the level of them and when a real player joins it "kicks" the bot so that you always have full lobbies. 

It would definitely be needed for some of the cross over type of jobs I think. 

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Well that's a kick in the balls.

Apart from the server issues the game is going to be identical to the PC version as well. 

We just have to harass the devs/publishers so they know there is a large demand for player hosted lobbies. 

I’d even pay for third party hosting if it was an option. 

15 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Well that sucks. Time to harass the developer, lol. 

Let the power of social media commence! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I have some answers about servers and it isn’t good. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1642041106373158519/

It seems that players being able to host their own lobbies and invite their friends to it isn’t going to be an option at launch. 

There will be many different lobby types you can join and hopefully you can join on your friends but it does seem that racing with randoms is looking like the only thing we can do to start with. 

They have said player hosted lobbies is something that can be added depending on community feedback so I’m thinking we bombard their social media and make sure  it’s included, if not at launch then very soon after. 

I’ve linked a steam topic above where the server conversation for consoles has taken place, 

The Twitter accounts are @bugbeargames for the developers and @thqnordic for the publishers. 

They are very responsive to their community so we need to tell them what we want. 

No idea how that works, but if someone posts anything that can be supported/liked or whatever please leave a link!

2 hours ago, Lann said:

No idea how that works, but if someone posts anything that can be supported/liked or whatever please leave a link!

Best thing to do is get whoever is in charge of the sites social media to start asking the devs etc. Retweet’s from people asking the right questions. I can do what I can and will share reddit and discord links for the relevant places. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A few broken bones there, RagdollFTW!

Is some of that content not available on PC then?

25 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

A few broken bones there, RagdollFTW!

Is some of that content not available on PC then?

There’s a huge new update coming for the PC to coincide with the console release. The sofa racing and the looped track haven’t been seen yet. 

Hype is back. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

There’s a huge new update coming for the PC to coincide with the console release. The sofa racing and the looped track haven’t been seen yet. 

Hype is back. 

I said this the other week, PC is getting an update at the same time that PS4 is released.

Hence my suspicion that the PS4 release would include everything that we've had on PC so far. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 2:30 PM, JuniorChubb said:

All for free?

PC update is I think. 

My interpretation was that PC would be updated and the initial release on PS4 would contain all of the previously published PC stuff plus whatever this new update is.

However, this is just supposition on my part. 

Console preview of Wreckfest.  Version in the video is Xbox, so the PS4 version will be even better.

• Like 1