Wreckfest

Squirrel

I think a few of you have seen my video of the figure of 8 crash fest I posted the other week, as you can tell I'm getting very hyped about this game and they have finally announced the release dates for the full PC version and more importantly when the PS4 version is out. 

PC Version comes out on 14th of June, just two short weeks away. Little longer for the PS4 version but that's due to be out on 20th of November.

In the meantime here's a replay of one of my first races. Total carnage :D

• Like 6

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Mythaga

• CatManDoza

This reminds me of Destruction Derby from the PS1 days. One of my favorites. Now I am also hyped for this. 

My PC probably couldn't handle Minesweeper, so unfortunately I'll have to wait for the PS4 release. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Squirrel, can it be played with a wheel?

Not sure. I’ve just been using my PS4 controller. I was able to map all the buttons. 

I’ll get my wheel out later and try it out. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It’s finally happening and there’s a fixed release date for consoles!

It is coming on the 27th of August for the reasonable price of £35, there is a deluxe version too but not sure what comes with that.

Ive being playing this a lot on the PC and so has @doubleg213, if the console version feels and looks as good as the PC version then this could be a fantastic game for multiplayer action. 

No more problems with poor driving standards, if you car is undamaged at the end you’re doing it wrong!

Its not actually just all about destruction though, you can have serious racing on Wreckfest. Cars don’t flip and spin off like they’re made out of rubber like they do in some games. There is potential for serious racing where a bit contact is acceptable. Cars can grind against each other, you can accidentally tap someones backend lightly without sending them into outer space. You actually have to put some effort into spinning a car out or forcing them off track into the very destructible scenery. 

I don’t know the full details of what has been ported over from the PC to the console version. I’ll be keeping a very close eye for any pre release footage and I’ll be sharing it here first! 

Like is said, will probably roll in as a Christmas present as opposed to buying on launch...

Unless you guys all post vids really enjoying it then I may be persuaded.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

53 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Like is said, will probably roll in as a Christmas present as opposed to buying on launch...

Unless you guys all post vids really enjoying it then I may be persuaded.

I'll buy it yow, yow but it me....sorted 

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Think I get the standard version I'm not interested paying 25 Australian dollars more for deluxe version for DlC I don't know what's coming

Based on the delays with it coming out and what not I stuck with the standard version for pre-order. If the thing is like it is on PC and they definitely deliver on the DLC I shall review the scenario at that stage.

• Like 1

@Road2FURY I’ve had a look to see what the deluxe edition contains and it’s basically a season pass for the planned 8 DLC packs. 

Ya6o3fO.jpg

Ive also seen this version available for £42.99 which is considerably cheaper than the advertised RRP. 

If you can find the deluxe version cheap I’d definitely recommend going for that if there’s an additional 20 cars plus extras. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Do I sense a bit of excitement brewing here?

Hype mode is definitely activated! 

I’m really looking forward to having a bit of online contact racing without the pinball effect. 

• Like 1

I saw a Station Wagon in that first video. That is enough for me to say I will be getting this for sure.

• Like 1