SRL VANS Crew Chat

VANS Official

Sunday-Race-Poster-1.jpg

The post Sunday Racing League appeared first on The Van Society - GTA Crew.

The Sunday Racing League is a weekly racing event hosted by Domestic Battery starting on Sunday 3rd March 2019. All VANS members are welcome to come and join Season 1.

Details:

A season is 5 weeks (5 rounds).
We run this on Sundays 21:00 UTC.
Each round is four races.
Points for place, points for fastest lap.
Each round will take 60-75 minutes.
Non-contact on all races.
Each round every player will be given a few selected cars to pick from, all races will be with customs ON. Player use same car in all races each round.
You will get the cars and the tracks 4-6 days before so you can pick a car and set it up.
Out of the potential 20 races, your 15 best scores will count towards your season total score.
No rule against curb-boosting or restrictions on how you set up your car.
Each round will have four different type of tracks.

Round 2-5:

The fastest racers from the previous round will be given a group of 3 slightly slower cars to pick from.
The players with the least points in the previous round will be given a group of 3 slightly faster cars to pick from.
The players in the middle of the last round, and any new player, will be given a group of 3 average cars to pick from.

How to join?

You can sign up and ask any questions you have here www.rockstarsocialclub.net/topic/146-sunday-racing-league/ 

Edited by JuniorChubb

If you want to get involved & join our events make a post in our public recruitment thread

VansTag.png

There cars and tracks for Round 1 have been announced...

SRL-Season-01-Round-01-A-2.jpg

Anyone up for practice on the tracks....

@Trashbags let’s get Dave in here, he has signed up on XDBX so he can use that account to sign in here.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, Trashbags said:

Has he still not signed up 

Doesn’t even need to sign up, he can just use his Domestic Battery account...

Any idea what car your gonna use?

Playlist:

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/lann3fors/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/TyuQSdT3xkuP4kP5Fe4Yiw

Cars: 

Coquette

Jester Classic

Kurma

Tropos

Edited by JuniorChubb

@SkyeDave & @Trashbags I’m gonna try and get on for some more practice today...

The Jester Classic is currently looking like the top pick, and it also has a Xero Gas livery too.

Ready to roll...

D0vUjNDXQAMC4br?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by JuniorChubb

We are currently deciding on Round Twos cars and tracks...

They will be announced on Tuesday or Wednesday. As soon as they are live the practice will begin. Maybe straight after Salads Off Road thing.

Great showing from the Xero Gas liveried Supras! Everywhere I looked I seemed to be racing alongside one. I thought it was the top 3 that get slower cars next time around but it just says the fastest racers.  I wonder if I'll fall into that category.  You can probably tell but I was absolutely delighted with 4th in the playlist...  It's all downhill from here.  AC/DC in that Kuruma was unbelievable.  He was in the top 3 and already in one of the slowest cars.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Great showing from the Xero Gas liveried Supras! Everywhere I looked I seemed to be racing alongside one. I thought it was the top 3 that get slower cars next time around but it just says the fastest racers.  I wonder if I'll fall into that category.  You can probably tell but I was absolutely delighted with 4th in the playlist...  It's all downhill from here.  AC/DC in that Kuruma was unbelievable.  He was in the top 3 and already in one of the slowest cars.

We started of so well in a couple of races, we had Xero cars in 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the first race after 5 laps or so.

Trashy would have had a great playlist position too if he didn’t disconnect.

4th was great Dave, you done us proud mate, let’s see if we can get Salad and Paulie in Xero colours too. Really looking forward to next week. 👍

• Like 1

I shall dress in Xero colors also the next time 😅but isn't it depending on the cars that gets chosen for the next round? Not all cars have Xero liveries 😱

On 3/4/2019 at 10:46 PM, Paulie said:

I shall dress in Xero colors also the next time 😅but isn't it depending on the cars that gets chosen for the next round? Not all cars have Xero liveries 😱

We have a Xero Crew colour though 😉

I mentioned @Paulie and @Aslad being missing from the results to Lann.

He has your points but has left you off the table in favour of the two players who signed up, I guess until a decision is made about who the 30 players will be.

Results:

D3pSX6K.png

Playlist:

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/lann3fors/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/QHrbvYpEX0esy6fdenNT6Q 

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

@Paulie & @Aslad you are 2nd and 3rd on th ereserves list respectively.

I am hosting this week, if by 9:15 there are spots left I will invite, FakeYeezy, if he doesn’t show then Paulie, then Aslad.

Client Invites will be Off so there will nobody jumping in.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

While racing is uncertain for me Sunday I think I'll have some practice runs just in case but not as much probably if I knew I could surely attend. 

@JuniorChubb If I may race then I'll have to use the Primo or the Intruder I assume?

• Like 1

My testing results...

Premiere

t*tty Mountain: 1:32.9

Do you lift?: 1:26.9

El Burro Loop: 1:27.4

Rattlesnake: 2:11.8

Stratum

t*tty Mountain: 1:33.9

Do you Lift?: 1:26.8

El Burro Loop: 1:26.5

Rattlesnake:  2:04.1

Well don't know if it's me but I did a couple laps with the Stanier and Washington and the lap times are very similar to yours @JuniorChubb and on some you are faster. 

I did just a couple laps and was not totally clear but I don't think there are a lot of seconds to gain. But I'll try to improve some more with the Washington. So or I drove just very bad or the differences between the cars are very little. I found the Washington more planted and a bit faster than the Stanier on all 4 tracks.

My compliment for the El Burro track @JuniorChubb , didn't knew it before, what a cool track I love it! 

4 hours ago, Paulie said:

Well don't know if it's me but I did a couple laps with the Stanier and Washington and the lap times are very similar to yours @JuniorChubb and on some you are faster. 

I did just a couple laps and was not totally clear but I don't think there are a lot of seconds to gain. But I'll try to improve some more with the Washington. So or I drove just very bad or the differences between the cars are very little. I found the Washington more planted and a bit faster than the Stanier on all 4 tracks.

My compliment for the El Burro track @JuniorChubb , didn't knew it before, what a cool track I love it! 

Cheers Paulie, I had a track called El Burro Heights Loop, I beefed it up and revered it for Sedans. Apparently it is another job stolen from DubG...

• Haha 1

I still can't believe Mulder came in cold and trounced me like that.  I thought I was getting pretty quick on those tracks and he'd never even seen them before. 

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, SkyeDave said:

I still can't believe Mulder came in cold and trounced me like that.  I thought I was getting pretty quick on those tracks and he'd never even seen them before. 

It’s almost spooky...

Well played tonight guys, we got some good finishing positions in there, I think @SkyeDave will still be top 5 after tonight. @Aslad & @Paulie got some good finishes too, absolutely gutted for @Trashbags after his disconnection as he was racing well all night.

Here are the final playlist points...

D1VvvbIW0AEnyWK.jpg

D1VvvGbWsAUiw8g.jpg

Just a quick update guys...

We will defo be in Muscle cars for Round 3. 

@Paulie is now and ‘Official Entrant’ now LMNTRIX has left the competition. 

@Aslad is still on the reserves list but will more than likely race looking at the numbers for Round 2. Salad you are now number 1 on the reserve list.

I think we will all the the same choice of cars in Round 3, we will have 3 to pick from.

Edit: @Aslad is now an official entrant too 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The new playlist is up guys... for some reason 'we' have ditched the 'Off Road Race' this round which is most disheartening as Muscles Off Road are great fun.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/lann3fors/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/sTYzcDfUf0iN4KixztMKiQ

I have raced one or two of them before, but we better get some practice in. Cars and results below...

sopXKTF.png

Edited by JuniorChubb

I misunderstood this when I read it last night.  I thought I was in 11th overall but I was 11th on the night.  I think I'm actually in 4th overall.  I didn't realise the cars for the next event are based on your performance from the week before and not your overall position in the table.  You guys all figured that out first time you read it didn't you?

2 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

I misunderstood this when I read it last night.  I thought I was in 11th overall but I was 11th on the night.  I think I'm actually in 4th overall.  I didn't realise the cars for the next event are based on your performance from the week before and not your overall position in the table.  You guys all figured that out first time you read it didn't you?

Nope, Lann told me in the planning chat 🤣

What race did Mulder have trouble with last night, and what car could he not pick?