SRL VANS Crew Chat

VANS Official

5 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

That’s encouraging for me Paulie, being in the slowest group for the last round is a little disheartening.

Not so great for you 😂

Lols 😅 it's probably also a bit because of the type of tracks, no real long straights so it's all about them corners and then a lot Supers are probably very similar.

• Like 1

On at the moment if anyone wants to practice.. I haven't run the tracks yet and I only have a Cyclone so should be interesting lol

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

27 minutes ago, Aslad said:

On at the moment if anyone wants to practice.. I haven't run the tracks yet and I only have a Cyclone so should be interesting lol

Just setting down for the evening, hopefully I will be with you in about 30 mins...

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

18 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Got a few laps in tonight in the Cheetah and GP1... I discarded the 811 as IIRC it handles like sh*te.

Track

GP1

Cheetah

01 Adrenaline

1:49.0

1:47.1

02 Chap Rally

1:14.0

1:13.7

03 Rockford

1:18.5

1:17.8

04 Olympic

0:58.9

0:58.9

I think I may be going for the Cheetah on the night, the GP1 I think the GP1 have the edge on the last two tracks though.

Not sure if I will get any practice in before tomorrow now.

I got very similar times to you Chubb with the Cheetah coming out on top.  It feels like I'm going slower in that car but I think it's because the revs are lower and it's more stable. It's a shame none of us have taken the 811 for a spin....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

I got very similar times to you Chubb with the Cheetah coming out on top.  It feels like I'm going slower in that car but I think it's because the revs are lower and it's more stable. It's a shame none of us have taken the 811 for a spin....

I’ll bring my 811 out when I jump on with Salad... I know from racing it before that it’s a bit like the Adder, great top speed but lacking everywhere else.

34 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I’ll bring my 811 out when I jump on with Salad... I know from racing it before that it’s a bit like the Adder, great top speed but lacking everywhere else.

Yeah.  I just bought one and tried it.  All over the shop.  I wouldn't be surprised if the really fast guys use it but the Cheetah is more predictable and consistent and that's my thing in this event so I'm going with that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Yeah.  I just bought one and tried it.  All over the shop.  I wouldn't be surprised if the really fast guys use it but the Cheetah is more predictable and consistent and that's my thing in this event so I'm going with that.

Cheers Dave, if the Guru can’t control it I’ll have no chance. Saves me even having a run through. 👍

Also I’ll be on mute tonight guys, so I’ll say good luck to all the Vansters now and remember last round so last chance to pick up some points!

@Paulie @Aslad @Trashbags @SkyeDave

Thanks guys for turning out for the SRL 👍

Great to have a consistent VANS presence throughout the first whole season.

Itching to see the results, I think Dave has done us proud 😊

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 3

Morning gents Was struggling a bit last night and I'm sure my joyoad doesn't turn right properly is there a way I can check but got no PC or laptop 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Trashbags said:

Morning gents Was struggling a bit last night and I'm sure my joyoad doesn't turn right properly is there a way I can check but got no PC or laptop 

You would need to plug into a pc or laptop to test your controller 😞 

You done better than me on the last race, I had major crashes on the first two laps. I realised it was gonna be scrubbed as one of my worst finishing positions so I went to Paleto 😂 

Edited by JuniorChubb

I was struggling too last night but like thelast round I enjoyed the off-road track the most of the night 😅

I have some busy times ahead but I am also not totally sure if i'll be joining the next season of rounds. I really liked the format overall but there are also a couple factors that complicate things. For instance the ghosting is sometimes really distractive in some situations and I had often a hard time with it. The curb boosting is another thing, it makes racing pretty different with those crazy lines and I myself just keep forgetting to use these curbs also. It's just not in my nature probably, but this will count for us all a bit I think. And to be honest 4 times a 15 minute race on a sunday is maybe a bit too much for mister Paulie and the 100% concentration that it needs. 😅

But we'll see when the time is there.

Cheers all it was good fun to be part of the Vans/Xero Racing team and well done to Davey boy for the great results troughout the season and standing out as our No.1 driver! 😃👏

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I was struggling too last night but like thelast round I enjoyed the off-road track the most of the night 😅

I have some busy times ahead but I am also not totally sure if i'll be joining the next season of rounds. I really liked the format overall but there are also a couple factors that complicate things. For instance the ghosting is sometimes really distractive in some situations and I had often a hard time with it. The curb boosting is another thing, it makes racing pretty different with those crazy lines and I myself just keep forgetting to use these curbs also. It's just not in my nature probably, but this will count for us all a bit I think. And to be honest 4 times a 15 minute race on a sunday is maybe a bit too much for mister Paulie and the 100% concentration that it needs. 😅

But we'll see when the time is there.

Cheers all it was good fun to be part of the Vans/Xero Racing team and well done to Davey boy for the great results troughout the season and standing out as our No.1 driver! 😃👏

Gotta agree with most of your post Paulie...

The non-contact blur really seemed to be exaggerated last night for some reason, on the last track (maybe due to my tiredness) I really suffered on the first two laps when we were all bunched together.

The curb boosting is a factor but not a major one for me, most of the tracks only allowed a minimum amount of boosts and I didn’t have to drive drastically differently avoid being slower.

The racing was great fun in general, got to do some intense racing in a variety of cars which is never a bad thing. Not really sure how I feel about the handicap system, pros and cons for me. However it will be more finely tuned for Season 2.

I am currently undecided about Season 2, if it was just turn up and race then I would more than likely be there but going in cold would be a real disadvantage. You need to consider your choice of car then get some laps in with that car, with Time Trials and Race Club up and running things are a little busy right now.

Lets see what the new Season brings, I am sure the legend that is Dave will be up for more, maybe Mulder too. Maybe their enthusiasm will bring us all back for more. 👍

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

drop it back an hour and I'd even consider it

9pm UK time seems to be a XDBX regular start time, FEAR like to start at 9pm too...

Domthey not consider that I like to be settled down with my pipe, slippers and a cup of hot cocoa by such a late hour?

• Haha 1

lol, true story, I go to bed at 10pm latest on a Sunday, getting all rested up for the week ahead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

24 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

I go to bed at 10pm latest on a Sunday,

That's because you are in the pub at 10 am on a Sunday 😝

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paulie said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw3CDN4kJ0y4Y3v2AwtPu

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paulie said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

12 hours ago, Paulie said:

Cheers all it was good fun to be part of the Vans/Xero Racing team and well done to Davey boy for the great results troughout the season and standing out as our No.1 driver!

D3Gm1B-XgAAH-xN.jpg

D3Gm6zUWAAAI79f.jpg

WgB7mUF.png

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, CatManDoza said:

I may dabble this time

Have you seen the start time?