SRL VANS Crew Chat

VANS Official

I'm going in the Raiden.   I haven't been on today but my best lap times from yesterday day and before were.

Mountain Race: 1.11.6 , Rally Off Road 2.42.8, American Grand Park 1.42.9 and Chubbs Downhill mountain affair 54.9.

It's not fun to drive but it is very sensible.  You have to brake early and corner slowly.  It's best attribute is that the acceleration is absolutely insane.  It takes off at the start and out of hairpins.  Its also four wheel drive so it's very predictable on the corners and behaves itself without any unexpected breakaways.  That Rally race is going to be all about who has the least accidents so the four wheel drive is a big bonus there.

Chubb, I would test the Neon if you get a chance.  Being electric and(I think 4WD). it might put you in a similar position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

I'm going in the Raiden.   I haven't been on today but my best lap times from yesterday day and before were.

Mountain Race: 1.11.6 , Rally Off Road 2.42.8, American Grand Park 1.42.9 and Chubbs Downhill mountain affair 54.9.

It's not fun to drive but it is very sensible.  You have to brake early and corner slowly.  It's best attribute is that the acceleration is absolutely insane.  It takes off at the start and out of hairpins.  Its also four wheel drive so it's very predictable on the corners and behaves itself without any unexpected breakaways.  That Rally race is going to be all about who has the least accidents so the four wheel drive is a big bonus there.

Chubb, I would test the Neon if you get a chance.  Being electric and(I think 4WD). it might put you in a similar position.

I’ve bought one Dave, bombed about in free roam in it and wasn’t impressed. 15 mins per race means 15 mins of the silly whining noise it makes...

However I will be on tomorrow to see how it compares to the Feltzer wich is a curb boosting, Off Road tyred  badass!!

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Just now, JuniorChubb said:

I’ve bought one Dave, bombed about in free roam in it and wasn’t impressed. 15 mins per race means 15 mins of the silly whining noise it makes...

However I will be on tomorrow to see how it compares to the Feltzer wich is a curb boosting, Off Road tyred  badass!!

Yeah, when I was driving the Raiden against Trashbags and Salad I could hear them two corners away but not my own car.  It's kind of unsettling.  I'm looking forward to the first corner or two being just the electric cars though.  At least it won't be the usual visually distracting non contact mode first corner.  Then everybody else will gradually catch up.

2 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Yeah, when I was driving the Raiden against Trashbags and Salad I could hear them two corners away but not my own car.  It's kind of unsettling.  I'm looking forward to the first corner or two being just the electric cars though.  At least it won't be the usual visually distracting non contact mode first corner.  Then everybody else will gradually catch up.

Will you be on tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Will you be on tomorrow?

During the day you mean?  Yeah, maybe in the late afternoon to run the tracks and then have a break before it actually starts.  About to go do a few laps on each track now. I'd invite you along but you guys have got the FEAR night tonight right?

19 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

During the day you mean?  Yeah, maybe in the late afternoon to run the tracks and then have a break before it actually starts.  About to go do a few laps on each track now. I'd invite you along but you guys have got the FEAR night tonight right?

Just about to jump on GTS, we’ll have a party up if you wanna jump in.

Defo need to get on tomorrow as I am well short of SRL practice, I’ll look out for you and drop you an invite.

No surprise that I quite enjoyed it tonight 😉

Got to thank @SkyeDave for putting in the testing and picking the eco friendly choice, the car Guru comes good again. 👍

Somehow @Trashbags is on the playlist twice...

794DB41C-C105-4CD1-B7E5-234E2FD6854D.thumb.jpeg.bfc667794ad2049542acc1125390aa62.jpeg

99515CE2-7036-4810-A908-7EB686FF2539.thumb.jpeg.c46867fa4392d2edfd260eef8f32bcaa.jpeg

12 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

No surprise that I quite enjoyed it tonight 😉

Got to thank @SkyeDave for putting in the testing and picking the eco friendly choice, the car Guru comes good again. 👍

Somehow @Trashbags is on the playlist twice...

794DB41C-C105-4CD1-B7E5-234E2FD6854D.thumb.jpeg.bfc667794ad2049542acc1125390aa62.jpeg

99515CE2-7036-4810-A908-7EB686FF2539.thumb.jpeg.c46867fa4392d2edfd260eef8f32bcaa.jpeg

Speaking as your new self appointed chief mechanic I'd like to say well done to Chubb on an excellent performance. How many Feltzers did you lap on that last race?  Trashbags did great under outdated petrol power too. It's a shame for Paulie and Salad that the unbalanced cars didn't work out.  If you look closely in the first screenshot I think you can see Salad moaning about it in the chat.  (sorry Salad, couldn't help it).  If you take into account that 'ReallyFastRacer' was only making a cameo appearance then it's a really good haul of points for you Chubb, it's effectively a 2nd  place with no sign of GetScoped and RandomPotato dropping out early.  Looking forward to the Supers next week!  I'll be sure to let you know what car to drive Chubb.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Speaking as your new self appointed chief mechanic I'd like to say well done to Chubb on an excellent performance. How many Feltzers did you lap on that last race?  Trashbags did great under outdated petrol power too. It's a shame for Paulie and Salad that the unbalanced cars didn't work out.  If you look closely in the first screenshot I think you can see Salad moaning about it in the chat.  (sorry Salad, couldn't help it).  If you take into account that 'ReallyFastRacer' was only making a cameo appearance then it's a really good haul of points for you Chubb, it's effectively a 2nd  place with no sign of GetScoped and RandomPotato dropping out early.  Looking forward to the Supers next week!  I'll be sure to let you know what car to drive Chubb.

How many Feltzer did I lap 😂

I forgot ReallyFastRacer was a cameo appearance, thank god because he was a really fast racer. I never thought of it from that angle so really did I cpactually win the first race?

Really pleased to bad the points and it makes up for last week disconnection.

I have had a sneak preview of the the Super Cars and it should make for some interesting racing. Wednesdays event should be nice and quick, if so we can jump into TT or SRL straight after to make sure we are prepped for the final round!

I’m a little confused by this....

reEWWgG.png

zdDyg44.png

Right, we have run 16 races so far, and best 15 race scores go towards your total...

I was 5ts ahead of CowboyBeebop after Round 3. I had a blinder in Round 4 finished second in the Playlist and am now 11pts behind Cowboy. The race I will have dropped to make my 15 races would be therace I disconnected from which was worth 1pt.

How the doodle flip am I now behind Cowboy in the league table with a turn around of 16 points?

@SkyeDave  @Trashbags @Aslad @Paulie could you double check the maths for me please before I ask Lann about it, just in case I have missed something obvious.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Very strange indeed Chubb. I think your total points should be higher than it is now.

Just now, CatManDoza said:

Looks like they are over complicating things for no apparent reason

Lann cleared it up in the main chat, they have taken the lowest scores out already...

i gotta pay more attention 💤

• Like 1

More to the point.  I'm in 3rd place!  Although I was doing better before they took the 5 worst results off.

Edited by SkyeDave
Had another though.
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, SkyeDave said:

More to the point.  I'm in 3rd place!  Although I was doing better before they took the 5 worst results off.

A Legend is born!

@SkyeDave @Paulie @Aslad @Trashbags Round 5 is live!!! Last chance to pick up those points...

U6hPZLs.png

Playlist link:

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/lann3fors/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/sGn8tmbQ5EquTp9krXA-lQ

Anyone done any testing yet... Ive not even run the tracks yet. 😞 

Did some playlist runs last night in the Turismo R but afterwards I tried the Entity on some tracks and I liked it more.

Also tried the Cyclone, it can be very nice outfitted in Xero colors but I can't get to grips with this car. The acceleration is insane but this also causes problems for me. Very hard to go smooth with and keeping the control.

I'll do some more to see which is really the fastest but as of now the Entity feels like the car to go for tomorrow. 

I like the track selection for this round only the last track is a bit meh, it is aesticly pretty attractive but a bit dull physicly imo 😅

7 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Nope nothing yet 

Anyone on tonight 

I hope to be able to get on a bit early. And it's looking prosper, on my way home now and the misses is already sleeping 😅 we had to get out of bed at 5 this morning so probably (and hopefully 🙊) misses Paulie is going early to bed so mister Paulie and his friend mister P. Station are reunited to have some fun again! 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trashbags said:

Nope nothing yet 

Anyone on tonight 

I’ll be on for some testing 👍

2 hours ago, Paulie said:

Did some playlist runs last night in the Turismo R but afterwards I tried the Entity on some tracks and I liked it more.

Also tried the Cyclone, it can be very nice outfitted in Xero colors but I can't get to grips with this car. The acceleration is insane but this also causes problems for me. Very hard to go smooth with and keeping the control.

I'll do some more to see which is really the fastest but as of now the Entity feels like the car to go for tomorrow. 

I like the track selection for this round only the last track is a bit meh, it is aesticly pretty attractive but a bit dull physicly imo 😅

The Entity is so stable Paulie, unless the others are drastically quicker I would go Entity. Hopefully we can find out tonight.

• Like 1

Got a few laps in tonight in the Cheetah and GP1... I discarded the 811 as IIRC it handles like sh*te.

Track

GP1

Cheetah

01 Adrenaline

1:49.0

1:47.1

02 Chap Rally

1:14.0

1:13.7

03 Rockford

1:18.5

1:17.8

04 Olympic

0:58.9

0:58.9

I think I may be going for the Cheetah on the night, the GP1 I think the GP1 have the edge on the last two tracks though.

Not sure if I will get any practice in before tomorrow now.

I gonna try get on after work this afternoon not done no practice yet and thx Chubb I shall prob take cheetah 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

I gonna try get on after work this afternoon not done no practice yet and thx Chubb I shall prob take cheetah 

Will more than likely be my choice too...  I will try the GP1 one more time though just to be sure.

Lols I have the same with the Turismo and Entity. I get very similar optimal laptimes but with the Turismo it's a bit more work. So the Entity it will be probably!

And my laptimes are almost same as yours @JuniorChubb so curious to see how balanced it all will be tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Lols I have the same with the Turismo and Entity. I get very similar optimal laptimes but with the Turismo it's a bit more work. So the Entity it will be probably!

And my laptimes are almost same as yours @JuniorChubb so curious to see how balanced it all will be tonight.

That’s encouraging for me Paulie, being in the slowest group for the last round is a little disheartening.

Not so great for you 😂

• Like 1