Smugglers Run

JustHatched

Finally my kind of update, hopefully wont be required to do shitloads of freeroam BS to get access to the good stuff

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• zztop911

• Beez

• Squirrel

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Con said:

What does that mean? Aqua Blazer turns into a car with a power-up? 

Exactly. 

Multi-class races. Certain special checkpoints will turn your vehicle into a car, boat, plane or whatever. 

Yep, cars will turn into planes or boats depending on what checkpoint you go through I guess. Won't be playing any of that if I can help it.

• Like 1

Just now, Crawford1872 said:

Yep, cars will turn into planes or boats depending on what checkpoint you go through I guess. Won't be playing any of that if I can help it.

Could even the field a bit as you'll need to be good with boats, planes and cars. Not just  one of those. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, zmurko said:

This looks intriguing:

434d34c65a7c8ea97bcae72e94c28479dd3d9912

Next big thing in GTA racing

• Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

2 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Could even the field a bit as you'll need to be good with boats, planes and cars. Not just  one of those. 

Don't get me wrong I feel like it could be okay on occasion, something different doesn't hurt, just not every PL or anything. Reckon it might be a bit like the special races, bit of a fad. Doesn't really interest me much but happy to play what the hosts put in as they're the ones going to the trouble y'know. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zmurko said:

This looks intriguing:

434d34c65a7c8ea97bcae72e94c28479dd3d9912

This could be quite fun, but knowing rockstar it'll probably be an adversary mode with a max of 4 players. Just another let down like tiny racers.

• Like 2

If there is going to be a huge emphasis on planes with this DLC, there are currently only 3 airfields. Freeroam is going to be incredibly crowded in those areas, plus there's only a single hanger at Grapeseed and Sandy Shores and they are both open.

They can add buildings to the map, we've seen it with Gunrunning but a hanger is far larger than a bunker entrance. 

Could we finally be getting the aircraft carrier as an option in freeroam? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Isn't smuggling and that race thing 2 different updates?

Yeah the race thing is expected in the autumn, my guess would be sometime in mid to late October/early November

Edited by Crawford1872

Well, I knew this was going to be right up Hatches alley!

There's no telling what they're going to do about the The Limited spaces for putting hangers. We shall see!

All the planes look cool as hell!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

@zztop911 it's Tuesday yet. ;)

My experiences of this DLC so far are kind of split into two. My first impressions with the air freight crates was very negative, it's simply special cargo with the difficulty up to 11. This initially put me off. But after trying them with rspain, sinister and the rest of the AMPD crew they turned out to be really fun. However they don't pay nearly enough to be worthwhile, and even in an MC the associates get paid very poorly so it's still not going to be worth playing more than a couple of times. I kind of think that even if it went on double money it still wouldn't be profitable for the time investment, which is a real shame. 

Other than that it's really cool having access to Zancudo, I think that's helped unlock that area of the map because it was always a really interesting environment but there was almost no reason to go there beyond charging into the base to steal a jet.

In terms of the new planes they laregly feel gimmicky. Each seems to be slightly better at a single thing but the Hydra still looks like the single most useful plane to own. I think some specific races with the ultralight, that tiny helicopter and that f*&$ng crazy handling stunt plane might be really interesting down the line.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Con said:

Here you go @Banketelli. This is what I was referring to in the shouty-box. When I saw this new article of clothing had been added, I knew you'd come back to Los Santos! 

9V4sDTP.jpg

Nice! :D 

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2017 at 8:33 AM, The_Lady_A said:

@zztop911 it's Tuesday yet. ;)

My experiences of this DLC so far are kind of split into two. My first impressions with the air freight crates was very negative, it's simply special cargo with the difficulty up to 11. This initially put me off. But after trying them with rspain, sinister and the rest of the AMPD crew they turned out to be really fun. However they don't pay nearly enough to be worthwhile, and even in an MC the associates get paid very poorly so it's still not going to be worth playing more than a couple of times. I kind of think that even if it went on double money it still wouldn't be profitable for the time investment, which is a real shame. 

Other than that it's really cool having access to Zancudo, I think that's helped unlock that area of the map because it was always a really interesting environment but there was almost no reason to go there beyond charging into the base to steal a jet.

In terms of the new planes they laregly feel gimmicky. Each seems to be slightly better at a single thing but the Hydra still looks like the single most useful plane to own. I think some specific races with the ultralight, that tiny helicopter and that f*&$ng crazy handling stunt plane might be really interesting down the line.

I've only ran a couple of my own missions, but I really got into it late last night with Ultra and ran his for quite a while. Battles are quite easy in the air.  Once on the ground and with the collection of the cargo, it's quite another story. The dogfighting Lazers mission in southern San Andreas is too easy for me in the first half, then you have to collect the packages. The AI foes are never ending. Utilization of the new ability to spawn vehicles is key. With just two people, we had to support each other when collecting packages.

I thought most of the new vehicles were gimmicky at first also, but after using them more in-depth, I'm liking what I;m seeing. I think if you thoroughly delve into each plane's attributes, I think you'll find most of them quite useful in missions and freeroam, unlike the rear turret of the sea plane.

Maybe  better use of the new planes would be in running the gunrunning operations.

Other than being far too expensive, I'm pretty happy with the DLC.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!