• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crawford1872

• DavidCore89

• Banketelli

• zmurko

How about the most ridiculous football news this summer ... disgustingly large sum for Neymar. They've finally really lost their minds. :rolleyes:

I know they usually pay as much as they think the player is worth to them commercially too, but there's nobody who can convince me they're going to get that money back...

And now Barca is screwed too, because everyone knows they're loaded with cash atm and are setting high prices for players Barca is interested in. :lol:

And it all takes off as an avalanche, ... couple of years and you wont be able to buy an average defender for less than 50-100 mil. <_<

I really hope they run out of oil soon in the middle east and those Sheiks don't have infinite money to throw into their clubs and stop treating european leagues as their personal fantasy leagues, as that's how it looks like atm...

• Like 1

Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund are asking for more than 100 million Euros for Coutinho and for Dembele. This is crazy!

One day players will be bought for a billion euros, you'll see...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Here's one you might enjoy @PapOiteE - Bruno Alves scored a belter of a free kick for my team last night, we won 6-0 in the end. 

What a goal!! I didn't know he was playing for the Rangers. Is he playing well?

11 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

What a goal!! I didn't know he was playing for the Rangers. Is he playing well?

Ashamed to say I've not seen him live yet,  not in the country but I'm only missing one more game, but apparently he played well in his home debut although it was against a a shit team so will be interesting to see him going forward, we brought in a Portuguese manager at the end of last year and we look to have signed some decent players tbh

• Like 1

Uhmm, does PSG have direct unlimited access to Qatar's national budget or something?

Now it looks like they'll throw 180mil for an 18 year old player and probably another 100mil for slovenian national keeper from Atletico, Oblak.

How does PSG even make that kind of money? I'm 100% sure their TV rights are nowhere near the money Premier league, La Liga or Bundesliga clubs get, and even if they win Champions League, that's "only" around 50mil, even if they sell 100.000 jerseys at 100 € and keep all the money, that's just 10mil...

... just absurd... I hope UEFA puts a stop to this nonsense with their investigation. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, zmurko said:

Uhmm, does PSG have direct unlimited access to Qatar's national budget or something?

Now it looks like they'll throw 180mil for an 18 year old player and probably another 100mil for slovenian national keeper from Atletico, Oblak.

How does PSG even make that kind of money? I'm 100% sure their TV rights are nowhere near the money Premier league, La Liga or Bundesliga clubs get, and even if they win Champions League, that's "only" around 50mil, even if they sell 100.000 jerseys at 100 € and keep all the money, that's just 10mil...

... just absurd... I hope UEFA puts a stop to this nonsense with their investigation. :rolleyes:

They'll have to balance things out by selling a few players and recovering some costs, either that or risk breaking fair play rules and have temp transfer bans.

I do find it pretty funny when football clubs that spend lots of money buying up other teams best players start greeting as soon as someone else does it a bit more haha

11 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I liked the fact that Neymar said the move wasn't motivated by money. Didn't know he had jokes as well as skills :)

He gets it from his da, who said he told Neymar Jr to stay at Barca even though he stood to make millions from the move :D 

It's painful following Barca atm. Both on and off the field. Demolished at home by a Real team that is miles better, and Paulinho to be presented on Thursday in yet another shady deal by Bartomeu and the rest of the crooked board. 

We got fucked by the ref yesterday. Had a man sent off for fuck all, they had a guy on a yellow (Antony Stokes, who is a fucking manky bastard) who made two of the tackles that would have been fouls in rugby. 

Our player got booked for the first one in the video which I find incredible. That's WWE level shit.

Second clip was a foul against our striker somehow. 

And the third clip our player got sent off straight afterwards even though the manky bastard had his hand around his throat.

And people wonder why we moan at referring incompetence. 

Oh and Neil Lennon their manager is a ****.

We lost 3-2. 

Edited by Crawford1872

think someone forgot there glasses, that ref needs to be dropped, and it needs to become a regular thing if the ref has fucked a game he should be penalised for it same way players are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zadk13l91 said:

think someone forgot there glasses, that ref needs to be dropped, and it needs to become a regular thing if the ref has fucked a game he should be penalised for it same way players are.

He gave terrible decisions against us last season also, against Aberdeen mainly, totally agree, on a more positive note I saw the highlights from saturdays EPL games, your man Aaron Mooy had a really good game, he can whip a mean ball in, tracked back well also, he'll be some player for the socceroo's if he can keep it up at that level

Mooy is a boss, prolly gonna be the best we have seen since the all mighty Harry Kewell himself.

Adelaide went as far as to push the FFA to ban an umpire from there matches last season, dont believe we got away with it but happens everywhere. but its a disgraceful, a player brings the game into dispute and can be looking at weeks with suspensions, umprie dose it and gets away with it.. yet 9/10 times said player did nothing wrong.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zadk13l91 said:

Mooy is a boss, prolly gonna be the best we have seen since the all mighty Harry Kewell himself.

Adelaide went as far as to push the FFA to ban an umpire from there matches last season, dont believe we got away with it but happens everywhere. but its a disgraceful, a player brings the game into dispute and can be looking at weeks with suspensions, umprie dose it and gets away with it.. yet 9/10 times said player did nothing wrong.

I feel like ref's should have to do post match interviews, they influence the game as much as any player or manager can, would love to hear their reasons (excuses) afterwards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crawford1872 said:

I feel like ref's should have to do post match interviews, they influence the game as much as any player or manager can, would love to hear their reasons (excuses) afterwards. 

that is spot on. +1, make them accountable for there dissensions. but even then do you Scots not have the VR yet?? i know we have it and im pretty sure the English have it? surely if you do the VR should have made an adjustment to it aswell? there ment to be there for game changing moments and red cards

13 minutes ago, Zadk13l91 said:

that is spot on. +1, make them accountable for there dissensions. but even then do you Scots not have the VR yet?? i know we have it and im pretty sure the English have it? surely if you do the VR should have made an adjustment to it aswell? there ment to be there for game changing moments and red cards

Lol we can't even afford to implement proper goal line technology never mind that jazz, that's what the prem got last season, tbh I like the human element, they're allowed to make mistakes, I do think they should copy tennis, where you are allowed to contest up to three decisions a game, or implement it something like that, that way it's a good balance between letting the ref rightfully be in charge/not having endless TV replays that slow the pace of the game and getting decisions right. 

replays haven't been massive...yet and that was my argument in till i seen the VR in action to, i think so far its been used correctly and players cant challenge the game the VR automatically reviews anything in the box and cards im sure.

14 minutes ago, Zadk13l91 said:

replays haven't been massive...yet and that was my argument in till i seen the VR in action to, i think so far its been used correctly and players cant challenge the game the VR automatically reviews anything in the box and cards im sure.

As far as I remember, they used it in some pre season stuff, think Fifa are still trialing it but, expect to see it in the top leagues in the next few years, but it's the rules surrounding how it's implemented that will take longer to sort, the technology is already there

Edited by Crawford1872

Personally i would like to see it used to stop divers the most, even bring in that players caught diving can be suspended even during match reviews and bring with it the punishment of 3weeks over 1. These little taps and bumps are pathetic and the players should be humliated for it to be stamped from the game. Nothing fustrates me more then seeing players dive and get away with it. A sport as big and valuable as the top leages offer needs to be managed better. The woman play stronger then the men.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zadk13l91 said:

Personally i would like to see it used to stop divers the most, even bring in that players caught diving can be suspended even during match reviews and bring with it the punishment of 3weeks over 1. These little taps and bumps are pathetic and the players should be humliated for it to be stamped from the game. Nothing fustrates me more then seeing players dive and get away with it. A sport as big and valuable as the top leages offer needs to be managed better. The woman play stronger then the men.

Agreed, that would work for me, currently can only be punished retrospectively if the ref misses it completely. That's the one thing that annoys me about football, most go down way too easy 

I went to the stadium to see my team Sporting CP win 1-0 by penalty. It was a hard game, we didn't play so good, but we got the three points and that's what metters. 

And I hope Benfica loses today!! Fingers crossed.

Premier league is on fire as usual!! Manchester United was simply brilliant. Matic definetly makes the difference on the midfield.

• Like 1