The 2017-2018 Beautiful Game Thread

PapOiteE

Champions League starts today.

Doesn't look like any spectacular matches are scheduled for 1st round, except perhaps Barcelona-Juventus and maybe Liverpool-Sevilla and Tottenham-Dortmund.

And I'm sure Ally will be rooting for his favourite green team that face the most expensive player today. :P 

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crawford1872

• DavidCore89

• Banketelli

• zmurko

• 4 weeks later...

Important win for Scotland last night.

We've got Georgia tonight and Ireland on Monday, both must win games.

Without Bale for both games, apparently a calf injury, but he looked OK for Real last time I watched them...

We are extremely close to a playoff spot. Looked shit 4 matches ago but after winning them all, we actually have the chance to take 1st place on the last match day. Though Poland would have to lose home against Montenegro without Jovetić. Not gonna happen. 

Just hoping we can avoid Italy and Portugal in the playoff and Eriksen continues to deliver. 7 goals in the last 9 international fixtures.

Edited by Banketelli

Eriksen is a class act, probably one of the best in the world in his position.

Will always be underrated while playing for Spurs and winning nothing.

94th minute goal pretty much ruined all hopes for us making the playoffs.

There's still a theoretical chance, but we would have to beat Scotland and Slovakia would need to draw or lose against Malta. Probability of that is about the same as for example someone like Greece or Denmark winning the Euro championship... oh wait... :D

Nah, I hope Scotland wins and makes the playoffs. We'll just join other football super powers not making it to the WC, like Argentina. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, zmurko said:

94th minute goal pretty much ruined all hopes for us making the playoffs.

There's still a theoretical chance, but we would have to beat Scotland and Slovakia would need to draw or lose against Malta. Probability of that is about the same as for example someone like Greece or Denmark winning the Euro championship... oh wait... :D

Nah, I hope Scotland wins and makes the playoffs. We'll just join other football super powers not making it to the WC, like Argentina. :lol:

I waited a long time for that Kane goal.

Had money on Kane to score anytime and England to win.

Sorry :P

10 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Eriksen is a class act, probably one of the best in the world in his position.

Will always be underrated while playing for Spurs and winning nothing.

At the moment, we are as the dependent on him as Barca with Messi.

True. And it doesn't help that Alli and Kane are English. They take all the headlines. Plus Eriksen isn't named Eriksinho.

7 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Well done with the bet!

I'm just a bit salty, as I dont think England really deserved to win to be honest. With all the talent they have and all of them playing top level football in Premiere league, they look really mediocre. And I swear they have a different manager every time I see them.

Yeah, they were poor.

If Slovenia had a bit more quality, they could have really punished them.

England always look as though they can't be bothered, but the same players have great games for their clubs.

I’m not arsed yet, we’ll probably draw against Z’s lot and even if we win it we’ll probably be the lowest 2nd place/if not lose the playoff. 

It’s the Scottish way. 

18 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

I’m not arsed yet, we’ll probably draw against Z’s lot and even if we win it we’ll probably be the lowest 2nd place/if not lose the playoff. 

It’s the Scottish way. 

That place will probably go to a team from group D (Wales/Ireland) or H (Bosnia/Greece), though it will be a close one even if you win.

I'm fully expecting a 0:0 on Scotland:Slovenia match and around 50.000 l of beer drank by Scottish fans in upcoming days in Ljubljana. They're usually top class, as its mostly "older" and "civilized" crowd. Probably best away fans in the world.

33 minutes ago, zmurko said:

That place will probably go to a team from group D (Wales/Ireland) or H (Bosnia/Greece), though it will be a close one even if you win.

I'm fully expecting a 0:0 on Scotland:Slovenia match and around 50.000 l of beer drank by Scottish fans in upcoming days in Ljubljana. They're usually top class, as its mostly "older" and "civilized" crowd. Probably best away fans in the world.

Personally find the whole walking about in kilts thing rather ridiculous but then again I hate Scottish nationalism and all that so that factors in. Best away fans I’ve seen were probably Inter Milan fans at ibrox. Scotland fans generally don’t like Rangers much anyways. 

• 1 month later...

Another defeat for Swansea, another game without a shot on target.

7 goals in 14, no goals in November and only 3 teams in Premier League history have scored fewer.

Toothless, no threat, all 11 players behind the ball hoping to grind out a draw. That's not football.

No Premier League quality.

Relegate us now. 

Clueless Clement out.

We beat Aberdeen last night to avoid losing 3 on the bounce. Still no manager but it was nice to leave happy (and not early) for once

in case anyone is wondering how c*ltic have such a long unbeaten run it’s thanks to 86th minute penalties like this if they’re in trouble, the sfa are embarrassing 

Edited by Crawford1872

• 8 months later...