Sniping Josiah

djw180

Sniper TDM on platforms overlooking Mt Josiah made for the Tour de LS TDM event. This is the one for area 6.

Up to 4 teams snipe each other from a long distance. The platforms have no barriers on the inner sides, so be careful not to fall off.

There's limited pickups and you need to be careful if you go for them as it puts you closer to your opponents and on a much narrower platform.

Each team should re-spawn on the platform they start on or an empty one (if less than 4 teams). But small teams could cause that not too happen, so I would recommend you set the number of teams such that there's at least 4 per team if possible. If you want to make sure your opponents don't re-spawn behind you on your platform, spread out and keep moving around.

RSC Link:https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/i7k_xAA6SkaJR-CfNOB9Zg

Had a laugh playing this the other night. 

IMO the distance between the two teams is spot on (just within the rendering distance). There are no spots for cover but getting shots is not to easy due to the distances.

However half way through the DM I started spawning on the other teams platform, not as big an issue as I thought it might be as it seemed to still play out ok.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

5 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Had a laugh playing this the other night. 

IMO the distance between the two teams is spot on (just within the rendering distance). There are no spots for cover but getting shots is not to easy due to the distances.

However half way through the DM I started spawning on the other teams platform, not as big an issue as I thought it might be as it seemed to still play out ok.

I'm hoping the respawns will be OK now there's 4 platforms and reduced max number of players to 20 - each patform is smaller so less chance of people moving too far from the spawn points.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, djw180 said:

I'm hoping the respawns will be OK now there's 4 platforms and reduced max number of players to 20 - each patform is smaller so less chance of people moving too far from the spawn points.

I was thinking along similar lines for a solution as when I spawned at the 'wrong' end I was still a long way from the players on the other team. Keeping the players closer together might just fix that.

One thing that could work is to have 60 smaller platforms with one spawn on each. I am working on a job similar to that but with more firepower and 32 platforms. 

1 hour ago, Lann said:

One thing that could work is to have 60 smaller platforms with one spawn on each. I am working on a job similar to that but with more firepower and 32 platforms. 

I considered that but it would take me more time than I have the patience for to create. It's took long enough to do 4 identical platforms.

Just a tip of what i did.  Turn snap props on and create a 10*15 with whatever size blocks you prefer.  Then remove manually to get the pattern you want and then place the blocks again.. and repeat 

Just now, Lann said:

Just a tip of what i did.  Turn snap props on and create a 10*15 with whatever size blocks you prefer.  Then remove manually to get the pattern you want and then place the blocks again.. and repeat 

That's what I did, but even then they don't always snap in correctly, they change colour at random (I wanted the areas colour coded) so you have to quit and re-load, some things still need adding on top of the basic props, etc.

I just laid down two full sized building blocks of different colours (one a few pixels higher) to make a grid and used that for spacing of platforms.

Have a go at this job @Lann it is a scaled down version of what you are trying. http://rsg.ms/f7d5562 

You might have issues making a platform for each spawn point, maybe two spawn point per platform will work and half your workload and the size of the job.

@djw180 The changing colour is you holding the R1 (or maybe R2) button whilst your cursor is touching the prop. You can change the colour of any placed prop by resting the cursor on it (snapping off) and use the R1 button to cycle through the colours.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I just laid down two full sized building blocks of different colours (one a few pixels higher) to make a grid and used that for spacing of platforms.

Have a go at this job @Lann it is a scaled down version of what you are trying. http://rsg.ms/f7d5562 

You might have issues making a platform for each spawn point, maybe two spawn point per platform will work and half your workload and the size of the job.

@djw180 The changing colour is you holding the R1 (or maybe R2) button whilst your cursor is touching the prop. You can change the colour of any placed prop by resting the cursor on it (snapping off) and use the R1 button to cycle through the colours.

Due to the number of weapons and vehicles I used 32 blocks and about two spawns per block. Very quick to build.

DDvBmeqXUAAhzjA.jpg

(Sorry for messing up your thread dj)

9 minutes ago, Lann said:

Due to the number of weapons and vehicles I used 32 blocks and about two spawns per block. Very quick to build.

(Sorry for messing up your thread dj)

No problem Lann. The difference with mine is the platforms are not just a single stunt block. There's 4 bits to each one. So even if I lay out the main flat bits like you do, I've still got the others bits to add onto to each one.

@Lann It looks good so far... it is almost tempting me to go back and rework mine ;)

IMO these types of DM can work really well, you just have to tweak things to get it spot on to accommodate the games re-spawning mechanics.

@djw180 more apologies for hijacking your thread...

• 2 weeks later...

Slight modifications made.

I've not added any barriers, but made the platforms a little bit bigger on the inside corners to give anyone spawning there more space.