Preferred Weapons

Righteous

This is just a curiosity post and thought it would be interesting to hear from everyone about it. What's your preferred gun/throwable/item from each category on the weapon wheel? 

I see a lot of posts where people talk about using a completely different layout of weapons.

Here's my list:

Pistol - AP or heavy revolver

SMG/LMG - Combat MG (my go to for close combat)

Assault Rifle - rarely use but usually go for special carbine or advanced rifle

Shotgun - assault shotgun

Melee - knife or knuckle dusters

Sniper - heavy sniper (personally and statistically my favourite gun)

Heavy Weapon - as I'm sure is the case for most, it depends on the situation. Least used is the minigun

Throwable - sticky bomb

Edited by Righteous
  • Like 1

Pistol - Heavy Pistol (just love the way it feels all around)

SMG/LMG - Combat MG (hate smg's)

Assault Rifle - Regular Carbine (responsible for most of my kills)

Shotgun - Assault Shotgun (not a fan of shotguns in the game I find them very inconsistent)

Melee - Machete....all day!

Sniper - heavy sniper (I'm usually too amped to pause and snipe people but when I need to the HS is king)

Heavy Weapon - RPG (campers beware)

Throwable - sticky bomb (I avoid using them as I'm most likely to kill myself)

• Like 2

Pistol - AP and Combat Pistol

SMG/LMG - PDW and Combat MG

Assault Rifle - Special Carbine is my go to, but I like the Advanced Rifle more, just don't use it.

Shotgun - Only use shotguns if I'm forced to.

Melee - Knife

Sniper - Heavy Sniper

Heavy Weapon - Everything besides the mini-grenade launcher.

Throwable - Sticky Bomb or a simple Grenade.

• Like 2

Pistol - AP Pistol with the extended clip, but not so much in forced DMs.  Great fun using the Heavy Revolver or Marksman Pistols in DMs though.

SMG/LMG - Combat MG.  No need to flick up for a headshot - it does it all by itself at short to mid range. :D

Rifles - Prefer the Advanced Rifle but use the Special Carbine because of the 100 round drum magazine.  Wish it was the other way around.

Shotgun - If I have to use one it'll be the Assault Shotgun, but I do love the Marksman Shotgun when we get to use it.

Melee - Knife/Dagger for the stealth kill animation alone.  Knuckle Dusters are pretty OP and funny though.

Sniper - Heavy Sniper.  I also carry the Marksman Rifle but don't think I've fired a single shot with it in over a year.

Heavy Weapon - Tough one.  They all have their own strengths, weaknesses and purpose.  Probably the RPG if I could only choose one.

Throwable - Sticky Bomb all the way.  You can use it like a Grenade, use it like a Proxy, use it for suicide bombing or use it to melee punch people when friendly fire is off. :)

• Like 1

Pistol: Heavy Pistol. It just feels right. AP, if I gotta take care of some business. 

SMG/LMG: I rarely use any of these, but I do like the one that came with the bikers update. 

Rifles: The Special Carbine w/o suppressor is my shit. It sounds magnificent! 

Shotgun: Just a plain ole pump shotgun is all I need to murder the unexpecting NPCs of San Andreas. 

Melee: Huge fan of the flashlight. But if someone needs correcting, I wanna be brutal about it, and opt for the pipe wrench. 

Sniper: One word. Heavysniper. 

Heavy weapon: Another category I rarely use. I suppose I'd go with the RPG. 

Throwable: Sticky bomb. Although the molatov cocktail is fun to use. 

• Like 2

Agree with all the choices so far so no need to repeat folks, but also I use the vintage pistol, it looks and sounds awesome 

• Like 2

My custom weapon wheel only includes:

AP Pistol (and Combat pistol which cant be removed)

Combat MG

Carbine Rifle and Advanced Rifle

Heavy Sniper and Marksman Rifle

Assault Shotgun

RPG, Grenade Launcher and Homing Launcher

Sticky Bombs, Grenades and Proxy Mines

Knife

• Like 1

Have not got a clue... my son set up my weapons wheel for me once it became editable and I have left it as is.

My only stipulation was to keep my flare gun as it is the best tool for starting races with.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

33 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Have not got a clue... my son set up my weapons wheel for me once it became editable and I have left it as is.

My only stipulation was to keep my flare gun as it is the best tool for starting races with.

LOL. That's awesome! 

giphy.gif

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Con said:

LOL. That's awesome! 

Certainly explains my poor DM performaces, anyway a pistol whip does the same damage whichever one you use and they're the kills that count.

• Like 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Exactly. Sniper rifle and grenade launcher locked jobs are the best.

Keep on looking through that scope.......BOP.....runs away in laughter.....

• Like 2