What Is Your Favorite Movie Quotes/Scene?

Matusware

I could paste here every line from Yoda. ^^ 

Instead, goes a scene that is deep embedded in my heart from the American series The Office.

Oh my I LOVE the US Office :lol: it's the one programme I can watch over and over and laugh just as much every time.

I just went to watch it after reading this and this is the episode I'm on on netflix.. a bit freaky!?  :huh:

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bullittblitz

• Con

• JustHatched

• Matusware

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Vinny: We done a lot of things we're not proud of. Robbing graves, eh, plundering tombs, double parking. But, nobody got hurt. Well, maybe somebody got hurt, but nobody we knew.

--

Cookie: You're so skinny, if you turned sideways and stuck out your tongue, you'd look like a zipper.

--

Milo: Will you look at the size of this? It's gotta be half a mile high, at least. It-It must have taken hundred- No, thousands of years to carve this thing.

[Vinny blows it up, and it falls down over a chasm]

Vinny: Hey, look, I made a bridge. It only took me like, what? Ten seconds? Eleven, tops.

--

Wilhelmina: [over the P.A. system] To whoever took the "L" from the "Motor Pool" sign, ha-ha, we are all very amused.

Oh my I LOVE the US Office :lol: it's the one programme I can watch over and over and laugh just as much every time.

I just went to watch it after reading this and this is the episode I'm on on netflix.. a bit freaky!?  :huh:

Frame Toby. ^^

I am tempted to go back to it too, soon. Miss it so much. Though I still have to finish the German version (Stromberg) Very good too, but no one can beat Michael and Dwight.

• 1 year later...

One of my many favorites,  "The luck is gone and the brain is shot but the liquor we still got"   -Doug Coughlin  The movie Cocktail.

31 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

One of my many favorites,  "The luck is gone and the brain is shot but the liquor we still got"   -Doug Coughlin  The movie Cocktail.

Never saw that movie, maybe one of this days i will watch

• Like 1

Not a movie quote, but from tv - If anyone heard what you said the next words out of your mouth will be muffled by your butt (from Moe on the Simpsons)

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

On 3/29/2016 at 3:47 AM, Smurf said:

Crocodile Dundee- That's not a knife!

The Good Fellas- Funny how? 

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time" -Dominic Turetto 

"Racing is life, everything before and after is just waiting." -Steve McQueen

• Like 1

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.
We know things are bad — worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'
Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot — I don't want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say: 'I'm a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!'
So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!...You've got to say, I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE! Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

Howard Beale - Network

• Like 2

Another long one, but sometimes they can't be condensed, From Monty Python's The Life of Brian

Reg, leader of the People's Front of Judea, is closing a speech about how bad the Romans treat them all.

Reg: .... . And what have they ever given us in return?

Xerxes: The aqueduct.

Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah. That's true.

Masked Activist: And the sanitation!

Stan: Oh yes... sanitation, Reg, you remember what the city used to be like.

Reg: All right, I'll grant you that the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans have done...

Matthias: And the roads...

Reg: Well yes obviously the roads... the roads go without saying. But apart from the aqueduct, the sanitation and the roads...

Another Masked Activist: Irrigation...

Other Masked Voices: Medicine... Education... Health...

Reg: Yes... all right, fair enough...

Activist Near Front: And the wine...

Omnes: Oh yes! True!

Francis: Yeah. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left, Reg.

Masked Activist at Back: Public baths!

Stan: And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now.

Francis: Yes, they certainly know how to keep order... (general nodding)... let's face it, they're the only ones who could in a place like this.

(more general murmurs of agreement)

Reg: All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

Xerxes: Brought peace!

Reg: What!? Oh... (scornfully) Peace, yes... shut up!

Edited by djw180
  • Haha 1

my revised favorite quote two years later..

"Everyone sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head." – Mike Ehrmantraut ” 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I always loved the scene in Goodfellas when its revealed that all the people who were involved in the heist by Jimmy have been killed. I love that film anyway but that scene was just amazing

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Mean Girls..

I can’t go to Taco Bell. I’m on an all-carb diet. God, Karen, you are so stupid!”

It’s like I have ESPN or something. My breasts can always tell when it’s going to rain. Well… they can tell when it’s raining.”

• 8 months later...

The ending of Sleepaway Camp!!! I mean, it was shocking, shocking! 

That shit was traumatizing but I think one of the creepiest or scariest scenes for me when I watched it as a teen was how Angela was forced to live after her parents died. It’s one thing to identify and another thing to be forced to identify. Just being forced to do shit sucks. 

"I'm not going anywhere near that thing. Do you have any idea what one of those things can do? Suck the paint off your house, and give your family a permanent orange afro."

-Spies Like Us

Edited by DeaD_GooN

• 2 months later...

The ending to the Intouchables....

(Please, Please, Please do not watch if you haven't seen the film and are planning on watching it someday, because it will lose it's impact if you spoil the ending!)

Edited by Con

Twin Town.

One of my favourite movies, and not just due to the fact that it was made in my hometown.

I was actually in the filming of one of the opening scenes in 96/97, 8 years old, playing rugby with friends on the grass in my street. Though I didn't make it into the film :mellow:

I'll be surprised if anyone here has seen it.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Twin Town.

One of my favourite movies, and not just due to the fact that it was made in my hometown.

I was actually in the filming of one of the opening scenes in 96/97, 8 years old, playing rugby with friends on the grass in my street. Though I didn't make it into the film :mellow:

I'll be surprised if anyone here has seen it.

Now I want to see it. Is this the movie? I'm watching it tonight if it is. 

Yeah, that's it.

It's not high budget, glamorous or Hollywood.

It tries to depict certain aspects life in Swansea, and for me it does that well, even if some of the characters lack morality in society today.

Parts of it will probably be tricky to understand for people in the States. Or anywhere for that matter!

The poet Dylan Thomas called the city "The graveyard of ambition". Take from that what you will :)

Edited by DavidCore89

10 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Yeah, that's it.

It's not high budget, glamorous or Hollywood.

It tries to depict certain aspects life in Swansea, and for me it does that well, even if some of the characters lack morality in society today.

Parts of it will probably be tricky to understand for people in the States. Or anywhere for that matter!

The poet Dylan Thomas called the city "The graveyard of ambition". Take from that what you will :)

Brother I have you to translate those scenes when I'm done. Like Spinnaker did when he had me watch a Portuguese film earlier this year. :D And some of the most fun I've had in cinemas haven't always been big budget flicks. Twin Town looks like a cool character study film and the fact that it was shot in your hometown is a bonus. 

• Like 1