Fido_le_muet

Mexico GP

Hey crew !

Here's the Circuit Hermanos Rodriguez for the upcoming Pfister Supercup.

It's in mid-air above Del Perro/Richman. I kept it low enough to be able to see some scenery with a few buildings popping up around the track.

Layout is quite faithful. Pit lane is fully operational, entry is in the last turn and exit is right before the finish line.

Decorations all around the track so hopefully it doesn't feel too lifeless.

Lap time in a fully customised Comet is at around 1:15. Going through the pitlane will take you about 10 seconds.

Would be cool if some of you guys could test it soon to give me time to modify things if necessary.

https://fr.socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Fido_le_muet/games/gtav/jobs/job/uVKOIuxB-kersSPCJGmzFw?platformId=11

n3GNzcS.jpg

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 2

After testing it the main issue is the chicane at checkpoints 10,11,12 at the moment there is nothing to stop you driving in a straightline over the track pieces. You could either add slow down strips or some sort of barrier to force you to take the track rather than the easy route.

Very similar to real life F1 troubles when singapores turn 10 was first created.

The only other issue is the stunt target you've used as a hairpin at checkpoint 14, there's no grip there at all compared to the rest of the track, you could possibly use the stunt landing pad in the same place, that track surface isn't too dissimilar to the main track or maybe one of the track fork pieces like you have used elsewhere. 

For actual racing the circuit is fun although we will have to be careful on the first corner in a contact race. Lots of potential for accidents there, it is the final race of the season so hopefully by that point we will all be masters at racing in a group. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

After testing it the main issue is the chicane at checkpoints 10,11,12 at the moment there is nothing to stop you driving in a straightline over the track pieces. You could either add slow down strips or some sort of barrier to force you to take the track rather than the easy route.

Very similar to real life F1 troubles when singapores turn 10 was first created.

The only other issue is the stunt target you've used as a hairpin at checkpoint 14, there's no grip there at all compared to the rest of the track, you could possibly use the stunt landing pad in the same place, that track surface isn't too dissimilar to the main track or maybe one of the track fork pieces like you have used elsewhere. 

For actual racing the circuit is fun although we will have to be careful on the first corner in a contact race. Lots of potential for accidents there, it is the final race of the season so hopefully by that point we will all be masters at racing in a group. 

Thanks mate.

I'll move the barriers at the 10-12 CPs to force us staying on track. I put the middle CP a bit more to the left of the road in the hope of making us stay on track but It's not obvious enough. I wanted to have a run off area there because it's a tricky part and I expect a lot of crashes. But I'll move the barrier. I prefer that than people going in a straight line.

I'll try to remove the target in the stadium and find a replacement. There are some bushes and trees I can remove to save props so should be doable.

• Like 1

Thanks for the constructive criticism guys.

Track is now updated and is much better than before IMO.

Chicane section at the back of the track has been completely remade and the layout is much closer to real life now.

Stadium section updated as well. Replace the big target with proper track surface.

Let me know if it is an improvement or not.

• Like 1

I love the chicanes now (the flags are great!) and the end is better also, just feels better, the only thing I'd maybe say is the crossroad pieces will cause problems most likely and will be a crash heavy part of the track, I use the ones without barriers and then put my own in so I can be more forgiving. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

I love the chicanes now (the flags are great!) and the end is better also, just feels better, the only thing I'd maybe say is the crossroad pieces will cause problems most likely and will be a crash heavy part of the track, I use the ones without barriers and then put my own in so I can be more forgiving. 

I thought the same thing during testing and tried to figure out how I could save some props to do that.

I'll figure something out but I think it's the right way to do it.

@adsyfindlay @Squirrel @no_snacks @zmurko, how do you feel about destructible barriers ? I was wondering if I could use those in the chicane sections ?

Edited by Fido_le_muet

4 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I

@adsyfindlay @Squirrel @no_snacks @zmurko, how do you feel about destructible barriers ? I was wondering if I could use those in the chicane sections ?

I think you could actually use them on the outside of those corners where you've used the cross section track pieces just to make it visually clearer.

Or even use something bigger and uglier, like the Amunation destructible signs (they are dynamic props too I think)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I thought the same thing during testing and tried to figure out how I could save some props to do that.

I'll figure something out but I think it's the right way to do it.

They are like lampposts in non-contact races but worse. 

If you hit one at speed there's a high chance your car will flip. The wreckage left over can be hit by other cars and it doesn't despawn either. Debris on track will usually make a mess of cars following too. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1