Is it worth it, being nice and all....

JustHatched

Do you think it is worth an effort to try to be nice to people? I've spent a few years making this attempt and I seem to just get the same result as being a prick or get taken advantage of. Now I am reached the frame of mind of fuck the world and everyone in it, or at least those whom are useless cocksuckers that deserve an ice pick in the brainstem.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I think we should at least try to be nice to others, I have the same sort of "fuck you" mentality(it used to be much more aggressive though) towards people you do, but that has not prevented me from doing good or being nice so far, fucktards I just steer clear of them :)

What do you mean by getting the same results being nice or not? I don't think we can ever truly know that, one person is not the other...

(Green Day have been saying for a long time "nice guys finish last")

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I like the idea that we need assholes in the world to remind us not to become one ourselves... personally I give folk a chance if they deserve it, others I don't but you can tell pretty quickly who falls in where

• Like 6

I usually try to be nice, most of the time. Unless I have a reason not to be. I live my professional life in a a gray area, so naturally my personal life is very Black and White. Most of the time I can handle dealing with people. In some cases, it is not possible to me to accept a person that i am dealing with. At that point, I will completely shut down, and become almost irrationally difficult to deal with.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I wish i knew.  But a safe way could be to never underestimate anyone,  give all a few chances before you judge. If in doubt, ask someone you trust. 

There is always a risk that you end up being the cocksucker if you descend to a fuck everyone attitude. 

But once you are sure, dont waste time and don't hesitste.

• Like 4

I don't hide how I feel, if I'm nice to someone it's genuine, if they piss me off they will know about it although I will hold my tongue depending on the circumstances and potential fall out. The only time to worry is if you do something to really piss me off and I don't show any reaction. In those kind of situations you generally won't hear from me again. 

• Like 5

Everyone's different. I'm a firm believer in good things happen to good people. Let the shitty people be shitty and watch it bite them in the ass :)

• Like 2

I'm nice when I need to be but am not really a "nice" person, lol. I can figure people out pretty quickly though and those that are indeed nice get treated nice and vice versa.

Those that take advantage of me or my family/friends remain on an indefinite shit list.

• Like 2

I like to think I'm a nice person, but I do sometimes just be nice to keep the peace. I know I can't get along with everyone, but it's much easier to just be civil towards each other than to be in conflict. If they can't act civil, then I'll have as little to do with them as possible.

• Like 1

There's no right or wrong answer. I kinda agree with many of the points made, but we're all different.

I don't hide my feelings, I say things exactly as I think them in my mind, not to be deliberately harsh and I don't go around being a prick for no reason at all, but to be as straight to the point as possible so others can be clear in their minds, and that's how I like it in return.

If I don't like something or someone then I'm not afraid to let it be known if it comes to that, but mostly I'd like to stay out of their way permanently because life is too short for bickering. I'd rather that than some fake 'be nice to everyone' bollocks. Lets face it, not everyone will like everyone else, it'd be foolish to think otherwise.

I don't need anyone to like me like others desperately do, so I'm certainly not of of those guys that'll go all-out to make people like me, I find that quite sly and it comes across as blatantly false when people are trying too hard.

That being said - I'll never judge a book by it's cover and always give anyone a chance to prove they're not a total cock, usually more than one, but I refuse to waste any time on anyone that has proven to be one.

Some people are nice unconditionally, we all would be in an ideal world, I used to be and shit was my thanks, it often gets you nowhere, people take advantage of your character, because nice guys finish last a lot of the time, cliche, but true in a lot of circumstances.

I used to think good things only happen to good people, maybe now I think that's all make-believe, being honest or being who you are doesn't make you a bad person and bad things don't necessarily happen either.

Essentially, just be who you are inside (unless you're a Nazi of course), if people don't like it then it's their problem more than yours. I don't dislike many people in life, but why waste time trying to be nice if it's just gonna be wasted time.

• Like 8

I'm nice to people on the outside, but inside I have a different point of view. The world is not how it appears, being exaggerated in media -- you come first before everyone else. Everyone has to take care of themselves, that's just how I see life as.  Everyone puts themselves fist before everyone else and so they will abuse the heck out of actual nice people for their benefit. 

As a result, I'm very discreate when it comes to showing friendship to anyone. I can't go all out when I just met someone because I know that I'm just asking to be backstab. I know people are just trying to get a hang of themselves in life, so I give them a chance and so friendships are mutual and not personal. As a result it's common for me to see that mutual friendship break, mostly due to not socializing with them, on a personal level; I give people the impression that I need them for help in terms of work, vice versa.

Lastly, because of this whole idea of not everyone being nice the way media shows people as, Unless something benefits me, I need a reason to actually help someone, otherwise it's not my problem. 

And so back to the question on whether you should be a nice person -- be nice, but don't make it so that you will be in a position to be backstabed. One way to do that is to not get too personal.

Edited by Prodigy_Rocks_

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I've just got to the stage where I try not to interact with anyone at all. I used to try to be nice but I ended up feeling that people often see it as a sign of weakness.

I've found a balance between both worlds. I am what some would call a Nicehole. I come first. When I let others come first, I make sure to expect absolutely ZERO in return. Not even a simple thank you. This helps me avoid the disappointment that is lack of gratitude. 

Be a nicehole from now on. Put yourself first no matter what. Expect shit in return. Drop people that don't even bend. When you do something for someone, do three nice things for yourself. Those are my Con-mandments.

• Like 2

I will write a few more personal words, I feel we should always be good, not nice, good. That's what I do, people that are not good back are simply discarded, I don't care if I am regarded as weak, I feel that by doing good I am helping others, something I have always been when I needed it, I don't know if most of you know this, don't want to make a discussion out of it but I am a believer in God and I feel that even when I was young and stupid He has always protected me somehow. If you knew my early life story you would have some sort of similar opinion I think... 

Now I am not going to write this to brag about it, I do good every time I can, I have been taken advantage of but God is great and when something is taken from me he reciprocates with plenty, and I am always grateful for everything, not only the good but the less good events we experience in life are lessons IMO, and like tutorials cannot be skipped... I do good things because. That's it. Now, don't take this as bragging but the most recent example of me doing good is I gave away my older ps4 to one of my friends. Just because. I loved and enjoyed to see his reaction, I made another life happier and that will never leave his mind, he'll always remind himself that at a point in time when maybe his life was not so straight up a friend of him gave him something he wanted and couldn't afford himself. And that simple gesture has touched his heart, and that of his immediate entourage... And that is the thing I wanted back, and I got it :)

I am a good guy yes, I have been taken advantage of throughout this life but in retrospect I wouldn't do anything different. Personally I believe we should be as nice to others as we are to ourselves. But that's me... 

• Like 3

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...