American Mile

C4XS098.png

RSC Link : https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/vf0Zsfwmm0KaAcJyOrC8sg#

G6WrzsT.jpg

Non stunt race.  Works best with Customs OFF - Catchup and Slipstream ON

NASCAR inspired oval track.  25 degree banking in the turns - 15 degree banking on the straights.

Secondary checkpoints allow you to race on the whole width of the track without worrying about missing a checkpoint.

Guardrails and crash barriers are placed next to the red & white rumble strip.  This will eliminate/reduce the boosting effect and help keep players on the track.

One lap takes approx 20 to 24 seconds, so a 20 lap race should only last about 7 to 8 minutes.

GTA setting is to enable the pitlane health pickups.  Please do not use any weapons.

Locked to a handful of vehicles in all classes except Utilities.  These hand picked vehicles work well on the track and are competitive with each other, so the racing should be close and exciting.  Click the spoiler tag for a full list of vehicles in each class.

Supers - Adder, Cheetah, Entity XF, Infernus, Vaca

Sports - Drift Tampa, Sprunk Buffalo, Tropos Rally

Sedans - Fugitive, Primo, Shafter, Washington

Muscle - Moonbeam Custom, Rat-Truck, Virgo, Voodoo Custom

Coupes - Felon GT, Jackal, Oracle, Sentinel

Sports Classics - Coquette Classic, JB 700, Pigalle

Compacts - Blista, Issi, Rhapsody

SUVs - Baller (old), BeeJay XL, Dubsta

Motorcycles - Daemon, PCJ 600, Sovereign, Vader

Vans - Boxville, Mule, Taco Van

Bicycles - Endurex, Tri-Cycles and Whippet race bikes

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 10

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• no_snacks

• Dodge

• Squirrel

• Skorpion

18 hours ago, Skorpion said:

I was looking for the RSC link to add this to FDU tonight, but it's not ready yet :(

Hopefully there'll be a link later on today.  At least we had a few test runs on it after the PL.  Everything seemed to work well, some things went better than expected. :)

14 hours ago, Dodge said:

The banking looks progressive. That should make for multiple racing lines. 

Yeah, there's 3 different angles in the turns. 0, 15 and 25 degrees, while the straights have 0, 7.5 and 15 degrees.  So at the entry and exit to each turn, there's 0, 7.5, 15 and 25 degree banking.  

Some cars can run anywhere on the banking, while others seem to be better either higher or lower.  It depends mostly on their top speed.  Some of the faster cars need to take the turns just like a regular corner, start wide on entry, come into the apex and then finish wide on exit.  Some other cars don't handle very well on the banking though.  I'm trying to eliminate all the tricky cars from the list so people can just focus on close racing rather trying to keep a wayward car in check.

The outer barriers are also placed at 15 degrees to help deflect the cars back on track rather than sending them flying in the air and then tumbling back onto the track.  Had some epic crashes during testing before I figured that one out. (maybe I'll change it back) :D

Needless to say, it was such a pain in the arse placing most of the props.  Over 120 of them needed to be individually placed using the X,Y,Z axis from both the position and rotation menus.  

1 hour ago, Beez said:

From the screenshots alone it looks amazing. Like a dedicated NASCAR game. 

It does look good, especially at certain times of day.  It also played out quite well too.  6 of us ran a few different classes last night and the racing was intense at times.  Would be nice to have another 30 to 40 props to make the track a bit smoother in the turns.  Hopefully we'll see some more great battles when it finally gets published.  Taking longer than anticipated to test all the cars in each class, but I'm nearly there. :)

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

We need a 99 lap race :D

Not without me :D

He's done a great job with this. The barriers along the outside are perfect and really help when things go bad. There were several wrecks last night, and we were all able to catch up in 1-2 laps or less, which is pretty much no time at all.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 2

Like Skorps said mate, awesome work. 

So simple and with the the car choices  anyone can have a chance at winning.

one of the best made quality wise I've raced on, should get verified.

• Like 1

LMAO guys...it's just a circle with some crooked bits around the edges. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it though.  The key is locking it to the right cars in each class.  Some cars really struggle on the track and are not fun to drive at all.  The best cars are the ones that can race on all parts of the track, not just the top or middle.  It allows for some flexibility in racing lines and therefore better, more exciting races.

I've got a bit of a problem though.  After doing some initial testing, I decided the main straight needed to be made narrower as it was possible to just miss the start/finish checkpoint.  I had to place 2 new pieces of track over the old ones which were "delete protected".  Basically, I need those 2 props back, but there's no way to unprotect them.  I've only got 4 left, but need 5 or 6 to make the pitlane work properly.  Think I'm gonna have to remake the whole thing again. :(

I can publish the current version if you want to play around on it for a few days until the new one is ready.  Just let me know before I delete it. 

1 minute ago, no_snacks said:

I've got a bit of a problem though.  After doing some initial testing, I decided the main straight needed to be made narrower as it was possible to just miss the start/finish checkpoint.  I had to place 2 new pieces of track over the old ones which were "delete protected".  Basically, I need those 2 props back, but there's no way to unprotect them.  I've only got 4 left, but need 5 or 6 to make the pitlane work properly.  Think I'm gonna have to remake the whole thing again. :(

Split the track into sections and save each section as a template. Once you have all the track pieces saved you can delete all props using the menu including locked ones. 

It may be a little fiddly placing all the new templates but may be quicker than starting again. One word of warning though, any colours you have set may change once you add them to a template.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Split the track into sections and save each section as a template. Once you have all the track pieces saved you can delete all props using the menu including locked ones. 

It may be a little fiddly placing all the new templates but may be quicker than starting again. One word of warning though, any colours you have set may change once you add them to a template.

The trouble is, I don't think there's any way to place templates using the X,Y,Z axis.  I'll have 5 major templates, plus I'll still need to remake the start/finish straight anyway.  If any of the pieces don't line up perfectly, the cars could spaz out on the joins.

It shouldn't take too long now that I know what angles and degrees of rotation I need to use - plus I've already done most of the vehicle testing.  Maybe a good, solid 10 hour session in the creator will get it done.  It's taken about 30+  hours so far, so I'd rather take my medicine now and get it done properly rather than publish something that isn't quite right.  Do you want me to publish the current version?

32 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

LMAO guys...it's just a circle with some crooked bits around the edges. :lol:

It's not so much about the shape, but the effort that has been put in to make it work. I had a mess around at making something similar and it's definitely not as easy as 'just a circle'. You came up with a method that has made it easy for you to reproduce, which is awesome but doesn't at all take away from the effort. It's the little things like angling the outer wall so it doesn't launch the car, and the finer details that make a good job great. This, although it's just a circle, is a great job!

14 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

The trouble is, I don't think there's any way to place templates using the X,Y,Z axis.  I'll have 5 major templates, plus I'll still need to remake the start/finish straight anyway.  If any of the pieces don't line up perfectly, the cars could spaz out on the joins.

It shouldn't take too long now that I know what angles and degrees of rotation I need to use - plus I've already done most of the vehicle testing.  Maybe a good, solid 10 hour session in the creator will get it done.  It's taken about 30+  hours so far, so I'd rather take my medicine now and get it done properly rather than publish something that isn't quite right.  Do you want me to publish the current version?

I know what you're like with publishing jobs you're not 100% satisfied with, and I feel the same about my own jobs. It's up to you, but I wouldn't rush to publish it if you're not happy with it yet.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Dodge said:

Will this by chance be ready for TNT tonight?

Not the revised version with the pitlane.  I haven't even had time to turn the PS4 on the last couple of day. :(

It probably wont be ready until after the weekend. 

I'll see if I can sneak away from work and Mrs Snacks and slip upstairs to publish it.  Might have to hide my blip. :D

I'll unlock the Feltzer for your PL, but I'm not sure how it handles on the banking.

Instead of a pitlane, there is an area on the final turn where players can pull over and park if they need to leave the race for any reason without blocking the track.  Other than that spot, there's no other way of getting off the track.

• Like 3

Phew...it's finally published.  Took way longer than expected to remake the track, but managed to save a couple extra props for the pitlane, so totally worth it. :)

Social Club link and updated details in the OP.

Will add a full list of available vehicles into the OP later today.

Thanks to everyone who helped test the track over the last week. :)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Works well, no issues with the sports class. Nicely balanced. 

Two things. When is our 99 lap spectacular?

Can you do Daytona next?

Daytona would be hard with only 150 props.  Can't believe we were only allowed to use 50 at one stage. :lol:

The pitlane would also have to be located on the back straight instead of the front kink, as you can't use secondary checkpoints for the start/finish line.

Indianapolis might work though.  Of course the pitlane would still have the same issue and would need to be positioned on the back straight, but with the shallower banking and longer straights, there should hopefully be enough props to make an accurate recreation.  

I imagine the slipstreaming battles would be epic on a track like that.  I'll get started on it next week. :)

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

Very well done track, Snacks.

Multiple lines, no need to slow down much and easy to clear other drivers.

Mash the gas...turn left...you got NASCAR right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sinister said:

Very well done track, Snacks.

Multiple lines, no need to slow down much and easy to clear other drivers.

Mash the gas...turn left...you got NASCAR right. 

Yep. It's awesome. This will be part of an Endurance Night on TNT.

• Like 3

Dodgeservice.png