Pb76

RiH86tS.jpgafAALV2.jpg

Team 1 is unarmed and begins on top of a building, they must collect a parachute and head down towards team 2 who are contained within a nearby cell and armed with sniper rifles and grenades.

Team 2, if they are quick (and accurate) may be able to pick off some of team 1 before they've even got their parachute, or once they have leapt from the building using the sniper rifle. Or, after team 1 has landed, using the grenades.

Once (if?) team 1 lands, there are grenades with which to kill team 2 by lobbing them into the cell.

Team 1 could realisticslly land at the bottom of the building they begin on and run the rest of the way, but where's the fun in that.

R* Link

All feedback welcome

Edited by Pb76

I really liked this LTS PB! 2vs2 felt right for the overall size of the "box" and there's a sort of anticipation that creeps in while you wait for the other team to get to you.

However I am not so sure how this would fare with more players... I think if there was alot of players you'd have a situation where alot of those in the box would end up dying right away and then they would have to wait a while till the match was over. I was thinking that if maybe you put in walls or a roof you could give those in the box a chance of a longer survival. Of course you probably won't know how this would do until you got more people. A good test would be 8.

But overall I liked it. I'd really like to see this same idea but in different places. There plenty of places to skydive from so the possibilities are endless

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

This has potential... 20 players is ambitious though!

I honestly can't see 10 players being able to move in the box, 1 grenade will take out most of them.

I think 16 players would be more realistic.

I'd also add more grenades or space them out because a large lobby will easily mean no grenades for some players.

Good fun and a great idea, just needs a few tweaks and a few more opportunities to play with 8+ players.

Good to see people hosting their jobs too  ;).

• Like 1

The ability to snipe the parachuters was alot of fun.

I enjoyed this and will drop some ideas that might or might not be worth to consider.

What if the box was bigger and made up of alot of smaller boxes (chess pattern) where each player had his own box?

Maybe the people landing also needed to enter a area, maze or box that are surrounding the other box (boxes) once they landed. They need to go in to get the grenades, and once in they cant leave.

In the city the parachuting team could jump and parachute in a way that limits the ability for the ground team to snipe them. What if the parachuting distance was greater and with less building to hide behind? Maybe parachute from top of mt chiliad down to Paleto bay?

• Like 1

Some interesting ideas there Lann3, particularly the chilliad one. In this one, the parachutist can swoop down, making it difficult to snipe them. A mountainside could prevent this. I'll certainly try it. Thanks.

I may have a plan to get this working

It worked without the metal fence and grenades placed slightly further away from the box.

Right now, the other team has 100% control.

Edited by DavidCore89

It worked without the metal fence and grenades placed slightly further away from the box.

Right now, the other team has 100% control.

yeah, it was embarrassingly bad. I wrongly assumed the fences could be knocked down. 4 of us did a quick test but it didn't really show any of the problems that arose in the playlist. I'll go back to basics with this one.

What if the parachuting distance was greater and with less building to hide behind? Maybe parachute from top of mt chiliad down to Paleto bay?

I tried to set this up on chilliad but I struggled to make it work. You're welcome to have a try :)

• 1 month later...

This was interesting, PB.  I was a bit confused when playing as team one though.  I honestly didn't notice where their grenade pickups were located and I was a dead duck before I even landed.

I'll have to run it again, but perhaps make the box for team two bigger and perhaps place the starting point for team one at a higher elevation (if possible as it was hard to gauge the location of where I needed to land).

Playing as team two was a bit easier as I took out most from simply hurling random grenades over the fence (which took out several players).  I'm not sure what can be done about that though, as I couldn't see where I was throwing them.

It's creative and I think with a few adjustments, it will be even better.  Like I said though, I'll need to run it again to see what all I missed.

Edited by LN-MLB