Stunt vs Normal races..

JustHatched

SO which do you prefer these days? Why?

Stunt racing for me, it's a nice change to the same ol grind. BUT, I do wish it could be more competitive with catch up off cuz once the leader breaks away for whatever reason catching them is pretty tough. R* should add a non contact with catchup option

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yes,  that's pretty much my view as well. I don't understand why they are fixed to standard (and never understood why you can't have the option of catchup with non-contact.) With the tracks a lot of the time being raised above ground level and no barriers it's far too easy for other player to deliberately or accidentally run you off the road and force a re-spawn.

To be honest I am pretty meh on the stunt tracks. I appreciate what R* has done and I like something new but they are too long, too straight, too wide open, too easy. I am finishing much better than I normally do against crew and top 3 against randoms so maybe I should like them more than I do. When your car is in the air long enough to take a sip of beer before you land? It's like these track were made for the type of player that never uses the brakes. I still like them and think they are fun but are more novelty than anything else.

I really like all the vehicles in this update and when the last are released it will be the most vehicles I've purchased from a single update. I also look forward the user created tracks that come out of this update.

• Like 2

Stunt Races are fun - that's what racing in GTA should be about. The people who take it seriously and get frustrated need to buy an actual racing game. I do like non-contact or whatever, but it's not really fun.

If you're used to non-contact, solo or racing with crew then it'll take time to adjust to public lobbies. Knowing where to position your car so you're not at risk, when to take the randoms out, staying out of trouble at the start and how to use the tubes correctly will help.

Catchup isn't the answer to balance these races, it doesn't magically turn people into no_snacks or dodgeservice, it just allows the players to ram anyone who dares to take the lead. So people who are already frustrated with contact and think catchup may give them an opportunity to get better results will be disappointed to find out that they just get rammed a lot more, by a lot more people.

I prefer the Premium Races, won 18 and lost 3. Less players than the Stunt Races, but they're more exciting.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

I prefer the stunt races. I'm not a fan of normal races, mainly because I'm not very good at them (I've finished last more times than I care to mention).

At least with the stunt races, I can have a laugh

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

Racing is not my thing but I think I feel I have a better chance at winning in regular races (not with this crew). lol. 

Even with the crew avoiding collisions, getting hit off course in stunt races hurts more.

i feel that the wormholes really are a factor that I don't have to account for in regular racing. 

I prefer traditional racing but the stunt races are really fun with the crew, no denying that!

• 2 weeks later...

The stunt races are a blast, I love them. I do much better on them, nowhere else am I gonna beat Dodge in a muscle Car race. ;)

Some are frustrating but once you figure them out :)

Randoms are of course a pain in the arse.

Edited by SINISTER120

See, for me, they are two different types of racing, for sure. In the stunts, I have a blast with crew, and with randoms. With crew, I feel it is a good way to TEST how good a player is at being safe, while having fun. Bumping is racing, and stunt racing defo needs bumping. So correcting a bump, or positioning for one, is fun. With randoms, I've always been a good racer with randoms. The wife LOVES watching me race in random lobbies, cause I put asshole (pardon the language) racers to shame. Sure, they do get a good pit maneuver on me some times, but those racers who try to slam ya, yeah those ones, I screw them up so bad, she dies laughing. With stunt racing its no different. With bike stunts, it's great to come to make a pass, and see the guy starting his slam into you, and either not being at full speed, and blazing past em, or just breaking enough to catch their back tire and watching them fly sideways off track. Same for cars.

Regular racing, non contact feels like hot lapping to me, but then I get frustrated about being back mid to bottom of the pack, and start making mass mistakes. Contact crew racing, well, I don't feel good enough to contend. I can't seem to get over taking down, unless in a safe spot, and then usually whoever I over take can just slipstream right back around. 

So in the end, Stunt races are a lot of fun for me! Even thinking, since my health is ok at this time, about hosting a Stunt Playlist, mixed with a few other jobs.