Playstation VR <GBTN> Tester!

lIIlCompleXlIIl

OMG OMG OMG!!! Ok, so I'm sure you all have noticed by now that PS VR is getting ready to release in NA. If not, CLICK HERE to find out more about it! So, I have been signed up through GBTN (Global Beta Test Network) For a little while, trying to get that dream job of being PAID to test video games... well, my dream has come true! 

On June 30th, I received an e-mail asking if I had already pre-ordered, or planned on pre-ordering, the PC Oculus Rift, or the PS VR setup. I replied to them, and said more than likely not, do to the cost. They had responded and just asked that if I change my mind, to let them know. So Mrs. Complex and I sat back and talked... Figures I finally get offered that dream job, only to find out it is going to cost me $500.00 USD to get into it.....

Some of you know, some of you do not. Mrs. Complex has picked up a few cleaning side jobs to pick up the slack of me being out of work. She cleans some rich ladies house, and then she also cleans her mothers. Today, was her mothers house. I get a phone call about 45min ago or so, "Hey babe, do you remember the cost of the VR headset you needed?" To which I replied, "Yeah, $399.95 just for the headset, $500 for the package to include the camera and two motion controllers + VR surround sound headset." There is a slight pause as I can just barely hear her talking to her mother, then she comes back.... "Mom says Merry Christmas, and it's pre-ordered for you!" ........................ 

So here I am, all giddy like a high school cheerleader who was just voted prom queen. Then I thought, "You know what, lets spread the good word to some fellow GREAT gamers, let them get in on this great action also, if they so decide they want to." 

HERE IT IS GUYS AND GALS! <<GBTN>>  Click the link, read it over, apply if you want. This is not ONLY for the VR, but a lot of AAA titles, on any platform. The ability to get in on the other non VR stuff is rare, and chances slim, but how can you get the job if you don't apply, right?

If you do apply, I wish you the best. If you are getting the PS VR, and join up, well I hope to get to test some awesome stuff with you!

~Complex~

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl
  • Like 3

Thanks guys! 

On a side note, the link to GBTN says stress test, but if you go back to the home page of VMC, it also includes other stuff. Most testing takes course over a 6 day week, at 4-5 hours a day. Pretty cool!

• Like 1

Congratulations Complex :D

I applied as well, thanks for the link :)

i am a psn beta tester as well and wouldn't mind being paid to play videogames :D

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

56 minutes ago, grjkie said:

Congratulations Complex :D

I applied as well, thanks for the link :)

i am a psn beta tester as well and wouldn't mind being paid to play videogames :D

Yeah I've been a  tester and GM and Dev and admin for many years. Never been paid for any of it. The one game I was a dev on, was pretty cool  though. I got to create new weapons and mobs for the game, which ment that my actual non dev characters got to use the new weapons on new mobs.. not really payment, but I was the center of envy amongst the community,

• Like 1

Also - I applied for full-sail university about two years ago or so, and the admissions lady, when we talked, told me, that it would probably be useless for me to attend courses because my portfolio already spoke highly for itself. What the lady didn't seem to understand was, I WANT A PIECE OF PAPER I CAN SHOW TO BLIZZARD OR BETHESDA OR ETC ETC. Blizzard did offer me an internship 4 years ago this coming December, but it was unpaid, and I would have to move to California for it. Couldn't do that, got a family and all. Can't just pack up and move on hopes and dreams. Need real money to support the real family lol. 

• Like 1

LOL! I wonder if this was a GTA test!!!!!

During the test sessions, we ask that users provide feedback and any additional possible reports they've written throughout the duration of the test. We ask that you include the following information: 

• Type of issue [Textures/Crash/AI/Audio/UI/Menus]
  • Time (hh:mm)
  • Explanation of what happened during the issue with extensive detail

To make it easier for everyone, please use the following template: 

[Type of Issue - Time - Summary] 
Detailed explanation of issue 
Step by step explanation of issue 
Step 1 
Step 2 
Step 3 
Step 4… etc. 

If the template is followed correctly, it should look like the following (with the amount of steps varying for each issue): 

[Texture – 01:23 – Car clips through multiple assets at high speeds] 

Car clips through geometry after being attacked in the southwestern part of the map. 

1. Have two users go to the South part of the map
  2. Have user B get into a vehicle, have user B drive around the south part of the map
  3. Have user A shoot at user B whilst staying inside the vehicle
  4. Have user A enter a vehicle and begin to drive away
  5. Have user B chase user A
  6. After both users are in a car, take note of user B’s car clipping through the world’s geometry (Trees, lamps, …,etc)