pokemon go

nicolabellamy77

The only thing I know about it is some teenagers were arrested in the US for robbing others through playing it. I have no idea what you do or how it works!

• Like 1

Is there legendaries or shines in that game? I can imagine a situation where someone finds a shiny legendary in the middle of a highway, but Nitendo is smart enough not to let that happen.

Nevermind there legendaries but I'm not sure about shiny Pokemon. I thought you had a chance to catch both legendaries and shines in the wild, however the legendaries are acquired through events.

Edited by Prodigy_Rocks_

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I got the game, its cool especially for anyone who is a fan of Pokemon. Just earlier today  I was at my aunt's and I found a clefairy in her backyard. I nearly lost my shit I was so excited Hahaha

However I have heard some troubling news about  the permissions  and access the app gets . Kotaku.com is reporting that the app on iOS is getting access to your emails, credit card information and other personal data

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I saw a article about a police station I n Australia being one of the spots to visit and people kept walking in they had to let people know they could get whatever it was from outside the station. 

Not to mention numerous articles about people getting hurt walking into stuff from paying to much attention to there phone

• Like 1

It is SO good. It's all over the news and radio in Australia at the moment. I don't go out of my way to walk around finding Pokemon but I get super excited when I come across one of my favourites

Planning on getting it as soon as it is released here in France.

Game looks very fun, I loved Pokemon when I was a kid/teen.

It is a bit like geocaching, another GPS treasure hunting app.

Yeah there has been multiple incidents with it so far. Three teenage boys set a lure in a park, and then robbed the players who showed up. My friend from MI said he was walking down the street in downtown Grand Rapids, looking for a certain pokemon, and another guy yelled from behind him that if he was looking for pokemon, he better get to steppin cause this was "His Turf" lol. 

A friend of mine was playing this.

It's quite unnerving to see a fully-grown man get over-excited over this kinda thing, but whatever floats your boat I guess...

I'm fairly sure he isn't luring kids to parks to steal phones, but still, it is very odd :D

I can't imagine many pokemon wanting to come near me. Although it could be an interesting app to get for while I'm travelling. Good to meet some people from around the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Not me. Pokemon never interested me, plus, playing games at home is what I like. If I am outside, I interact with people, talk to them, drink beer with them :D

I'm playing but i'm not crazy about it.

Just launch the app when I'm going somewhere but I'm not gonna go somplace just to catch Pokemons.

I only caught my starter, Charmander and that's it. My only source of Internet is my house.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I will not be participating but I don't understand the hate for those that enjoy it. 

Like when  i hear someone say, "look at those adults wasting their time." Oh i put those judgmental folks right in their place.

I do agree that certain places should be off limits, like monuments and stuff and other places of reverence. 

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

After my earlier scorn of the game I have to admit I'm pretty hooked, anytime I leave my house I'm trying to hatch eggs and pick up new Pokemon. I'm level 20 now, have a couple of Pokemon in established gyms and getting quite good at taking other gyms down. There are still a lot I've not seen, only caught 66 different types so far.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The latest update has landed, this one is mainly on the server side but it has changed all the spawn locations around. I now have one in the street between my home and work. Been catching them all morning without having to go anywhere. :D

• Like 1