djw180

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Beez said:

A new air race! I'll try this tonight in my playlist.

I've only had a couple of runs of this in the intended GTA mode and I think it will only really work like that with plenty of players. The most I have had is 6 and no-one got shot down. It's not easy to shoot with Annihilator and maybe I should have made less altitude changes for the GTA as well. So for small numbers I would recommend a normal (probably non-contact due to the hairpin turn) race for the Annihilator or the two plane options.

• Like 1

Played this a few days ago and shot someone down!

I got shot down as well.

Fun race, enjoyed it.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I ran this race in my impromptu on Monday. I liked it alot, it's a fun and challenging race that adds the extra drama of being shot at lol. 

That annihilatior is so damn slow  though, I never really realized it till this race, or maybe I'm just not a good pilot lol

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

1 hour ago, JALJ said:

I ran this race in my impromptu on Monday. I liked it alot, it's a fun and challenging race that adds the extra drama of being shot at lol. 

That annihilatior is so damn slow  though, I never really realized it till this race, or maybe I'm just not a good pilot lol

Yes it's slow. But no rockets, which is why I wanted to make it. I was saying when we did this last week (Whacky Races) I wish Rockstar would do a plane that just had guns and no rockets, like a WWII fighter or a biplane, and let the passanger in the cropduster be able to use weapons as well.

So maybe 8 is good minumum number for this, or maybe when we did it last week we were just bad at shooting.

Edited by djw180

It's slow for sure but it adds variety to air races. Don't think I've ever raced Annihilators before.

• Like 1

I liked the course including the elevation changes. I got shot a bunch at the beginning, didn't blow up and finished with my original, smoking chopper. Missed 2 checkpoints due to my flying but still finished 2nd. I don't recall and towers on the course which I really liked, those things can be almost invisible at times. There is a YouTube video of it in the WGW thread.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

RSSC link updated. Forced to re-make due to latest R* creator bug.

If anyone else finds their jobs will not load check where the trigger is. If they are too close to the sea they may not work even though they have been fine in the past. YOu just have to move the trigger a bit inland and re-publish. But it appears to make it a completely new job and still keeps the old, broken version as well.

• 2 months later...

Yet again Rockstar introduce more Creator issues. As we now have custom aircraft I have had to alter this so that they won't be there. Because of the bug that means customs can not be turned off if the race is meant to be locked to a single vehicle (as this is for Helicopters), the default class is now the planes. As there are two planes available you can turn customs off with those. You can either run it with planes or change to helicopters for the originally intended GTA in Anihilators. But you must turn customs off first  before switching to helicopters.

• turn customs off
  • if you want planes launch it
    • it will be GTA, nothing I can do about that, it's another f**king R* bug, once set to GTA there's no option for other types of race
  • if you want Anihilator GTA just switch classes to helicopters

Also I can not alter any CPs because doing that introduces yet another one of R*'s bugs and makes this a 32 player race that won't load!

Edited by djw180