What's the worst movie you ever seen?

JustHatched

On 5/31/2016 at 3:26 PM, djw180 said:

Highlander II The Quickening.

A prime example of a sequel that never should have been made. It's along time since I saw it but I seem to remember it basically being about trying to answer all the questions that had never even occurred to me from the original.

I watched this again the other night, while the 1st is a classic 80's tense low budget thriller with amazing practical effects and an awesome soundtrack. The sequel is definitely disjointed and although it is trying to follow on from the original it makes a mockery of it.

The reason I watched is because I heard that a 3rd Mortal Kombat movie is in the works potentially with Christopher Lambert in it. I decided to have a bit of a Highlander catch-up. Fell asleep halfway through the quickening though.

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CandyRotten

• Squirrel

• Sinister

• Beez

The Sound of Music? Are you fucking high!? That movie is a classic.

"Edelweiss, edelweiss, something, something, clean and bright"

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now that's the worst mover ever.

Fantastic Four remake is complete rubbish and a travesty. Also, any movie starring Ben Affleck.

He couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

I hear someone saying "but B v S is good", nope Zack Snyder is a hack who can't shoot a decent movie to safe his life.

Keep your filtered bs to yourself. Marvel has nothig to worry about. :D

2 minutes ago, FragTrap666 said:

Fantastic Four remake is complete rubbish and a travesty. Also, any movie starring Ben Affleck.

He couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

I hear someone saying "but B v S is good", nope Zack Snyder is a hack who can't shoot a decent movie to safe his life.

Keep your filtered bs to yourself. Marvel has nothig to worry about. :D

The problem with B&S wasn't Zack Snyder, he's done some great films when its just been him and his wife calling the shots, 300, Watchman, Sucker Punch all great films. The problem with Man of Steel and B&S is that the films were being written by committee, too many writers and producers trying to make the film their way, no matter how good the director is they are fighting a losing battle. 9 producers for the Man of Steel only 2 writers, for B&S it was 6 writers and 16!! producers. No wonder it was shite!

300 good, Watchmen ok and SP was derivative crap.

Anyone who watches anime and asian films in general would tell you that.

I use to run a Movie Gallery ages ago. Part of working for a place like that, is you are required to watch a couple of the films releasing each weak, before they release. Well, being a store manager, the job is to watch them all... Pretty cool right? No no no no no no no no. Let me tell you, there are some HORRIBLE films out there. TONS of them. My worst film though, as of recently, is Mama. Wife and I went to theatres to see it, and it was horrible. So many scenes that were written on toilet paper. 

25 minutes ago, lIIlCompleXlIIl said:

My worst film though, as of recently, is Mama. Wife and I went to theatres to see it, and it was horrible. So many scenes that were written on toilet paper. 

Agreed.

Add "One Missed Call" to the list. Same class of movie, too.

It's almost cheating to put a Uwe Boll film on this list, but I would like to add "Alone in the Dark" to the running. If you can make it through the terrible writing, poor acting, and worse directing, you'll get to see some of the most ridiculously scored action sequences. Takes the saying "it's so bad it's good" to another level.

2 hours ago, Beez said: The Sound of Music? Are you fucking high!? That movie is a classic. "Edelweiss, edelweiss, something, something, clean and bright" The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now that's the worst mover ever.   Isn't it amazing how different people's tastes are. I absolutely hated Sound of Music yet The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my all time favourite films. I've seen it at least 10 times.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

Zombeavers...Zombie beavers...pretty epic lol!  Watched it for a laugh and yes it was so bad it was funny.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2784512/

Also...Kung Fury!  This is a gotta watch if you haven't seen it!  It was meant to be so bad it's funny.  It's only 30 min long and you can watch it here:  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Beez said:

The Sound of Music? Are you fucking high!? That movie is a classic.

"Edelweiss, edelweiss, something, something, clean and bright"

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now that's the worst mover ever.

I'm the exact opposite of you, I hate The Sound of Music, to me, easily one of the worse films that's ever existed.

Now, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, to me, Is one of the best films out there, I've seen it at least 10 times and know almost all the songs off by heart

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

@CandyRotten to be honest I didn't like The Sound of Music until my early 40's. One night I was watching it with my wife and father-in-law and I realized I was enjoying it and that my initial opinion was wrong. Also I really like the suits that Captain Von Trapp wears. :P 

I genuinely dislike Rocky Horror but I also mentioned it because I knew someone would like it. :lol: 

More trash, anything by John Waters, Woody Allen or Tyler Perry.

I've seen plenty of bad films but the one that sticks out most is 2012, probably the longest/wasted 158 minutes of my life! There's a number of others I'd put in the same class as 2012 (Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow......) and checking IMDB it came as no surprise that they had the same producer. 

As an old fan of Alien and Aliens I find it difficult to forgive those that totally screwed up the subsequent films in the saga, Highlander is another where the sequels were a major let down.

Probably just me getting older but there's quite a lot of films these days that don't impress me, many just seem to recycle the same basic story lines. However as evidence of not having lost my sense of humor I'd have to cite@Sinister and agree that the Airplane movies and Kentucky Fried Movie were great, I'd love to see a remake of the latter with all its political incorrectness, in many ways GTA V has the same sense of humor. I tend to enjoy films with a good twist like Secret Window and Shutter Island.

1 hour ago, Beez said:

@CandyRotten to be honest I didn't like The Sound of Music until my early 40's. One night I was watching it with my wife and father-in-law and I realized I was enjoying it and that my initial opinion was wrong. Also I really like the suits that Captain Von Trapp wears. :P 

I genuinely dislike Rocky Horror but I also mentioned it because I knew someone would like it. :lol: 

More trash, anything by John Waters, Woody Allen or Tyler Perry.

The only John Waters film I have seen is Serial Mom, that was a good film. I can't stand Woody Allen, his voice grates on me. Not even sure who Tyler Perry is ha ha