What do you do to get rid of stress?

JustHatched

SO how do you keep your mental health intact :P

I either mess around on the internet, play video games, fly rc planes or go screw around in the garage, all with a beer close by.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm barely stressed but when I do, I try to think about the positive of the situation. There's always an issue to every problem so I try to think about that.

• 3 months later...

Animals. When i am stressed out, I seek the company of animals. They always calm me. 

I also have learned that 99% of stress comes from the outside of my environment so I do the best to eliminate those people or situations. So im basically stressed out 1% of the time which isn't a bad ratio at all. 

And like Lann said, sometimes a GTA Deathmatch helps out. 

• Like 1

Music also, hard to be stressed whilst listening to some variants of jazz , Norah Jones etc, Eddie vedders soundtrack album to the film 'into the wild' does it for me, that or Springsteen's Nebraska album 

I handle stress quite poorly, it often ends with me throwing up for a few days. Apparently it is related in someway to my aspergers.

It isn't like i don't confront problems and have family and friends to talk to and help. 

For some reason it just eats away at me.

To attempt to relieve stress i go watch some music, swimming, yoga and lots of gta.

Edited by starmonkeykiller

When I was in Corporate America, I would work more, but on my farm. Time on my tractor always made me feel better. I had HUGE gardens, raised cattle and other livestock. Drag racing was quite good at relieving stress, but only as owner/driver. Being a crew chief for someone else was crazy stressful for me. Working for amateurs and a tightwad owner wasn't ideal.

Not much stress now since I'm not 24/7 primary car giver to one of my parents.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 1 year later...

When I'm stressed.. I either play GTA, if not GTA, then some horror game to scare the shit out of myself (I finished Outlast recently and am thinking about completing the DLC; Whistleblower). If not, I listen and sing along to music or grab my old lady cross-stitching box and give it a go.