Are We Nearly There yet?

djw180

You are taking the family for a well earned break in Sandy Shores. But the satnav just broke, your other half can't read a map and the kids won't shut up. Still, at least there is the luxury hotel at the end to look forward to.

Original version with multiple classes available

Transform version - effectively locked to the Regina

Xc5zLFE.png

This is meant to be a light hearted fun race. Traffic should be on and non-contact is recommended.

edit: I'm not sure it needs to be non-contact anymore. Maybe it does with a near full lobby as traffic + other player's cars may make crashes too likely, then again you may want that to happen. But with lower numbers I think standard with catchup would be better.

It should take from about 6:30 to 8:30, depending on what class you go for.

The options are for the original version are

• Sedans - Glendale
  • Coupes - Oracle
  • Sports Classics - Tornado
  • Mucsle - Moonbeam
  • Sports - Sultan
  • SUV - Gresley
  • Off-Road - Paradise
  • Compacts - Dilettane
  • Vans - Youga

This is a PS4 update of the original version made for PS3.

Changes are 30 player grid.

Slight alteration to route where it crosses the railway line.

Muscle and Sports Classics options changed.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

There is a bug at the moment where custom cars may be available, with no option for the host to turn them off, even when they should not be an option on a race like this that is locked to one vehicle. If you do a race like this in a playlist then so long as it's not the first job the host can turn customs off. But if it's the first job the host does not even get that option.

Customs should be off for this race in all classes.

Edit, the non-customs bug has got worse. See first post for work-around.

Edited by djw180

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Xyon14 said:

Will be appearing in S'n'G's PL tonight.

:)

remember to turn customs off, but if you put it as the first job you won't even have that option (unless the bug has been fixed)

• Like 1

Nice race, @djw180.  After doing so many of the new stunt races lately, it was a nice change of pace to play something different.  The layout was fine and I didn't notice any problems with checkpoints.

I love how each class is locked to a specific vehicle - especially vehicles we hardly ever use.  The Tornado worked well in Sports Classics.  It's easy to drive but will punish you if you push it too hard.  I'm pretty sure the other locked vehicles will work well too.

There was a problem with the first set of ramps as you entered the desert area.  It looks like 1 or 2 of them are slightly raised off the ground.  Some people got over them without a problem while others didn't.  It may be worthwhile making a template prop using 3 of the wooden ramps, then placing them as one, just making sure they're sitting on the ground nicely.  You can use the same template for the other sets of ramps in the race.  Here's a clip.

EDIT - Oh, and one other thing.......fuck you @kernalhogan :lol:

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, no_snacks said:

Nice race, @djw180.  After doing so many of the new stunt races lately, it was a nice change of pace to play something different.  The layout was fine and I didn't notice any problems with checkpoints.

I love how each class is locked to a specific vehicle - especially vehicles we hardly ever use.  The Tornado worked well in Sports Classics.  It's easy to drive but will punish you if you push it too hard.  I'm pretty sure the other locked vehicles will work well too.

There was a problem with the first set of ramps as you entered the desert area.  It looks like 1 or 2 of them are slightly raised off the ground.  Some people got over them without a problem while others didn't.  It may be worthwhile making a template prop using 3 of the wooden ramps, then placing them as one, just making sure they're sitting on the ground nicely.  You can use the same template for the other sets of ramps in the race.  Here's a clip.

EDIT - Oh, and one other thing.......fuck you @kernalhogan :lol:

Cheers snacks. This was one of my first attempts with the PS4 creator tools. At the time I don't think I even new about templates! So I'll change it ASAP. The vehicle options are pretty random. I didn't put much thought into it, other than cars that get used very rarely, if ever, and kind of look like they could be a family car to fit with the decsription.

Also I've updated the first post to say I don't think non-contact is necessarily required. Certainly with the numbers we had last night (15?) I think standard with catchup on would have worked fine.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Changes made. It seems you can't actually fit the wooden ramps right against the ground there. So I've replaced them with a single dumpster ramp (which I think is what it was in the original PS3 version) and of course you can go round and break through the fence instead. The jump over the railyway line is a 3-wooden-ramp template and there's no gap there. The other wooden ramps were already OK as they were on a tarmac road.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Made a new version of this as a transform race so that it is effectively locked to the Regina.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/PjKfFlk140Kq3oAsVn0UiA

Not a proper transform race. You change to the Regina at CP 1 and never change to anything else. The route is a bit shorter as well since the Regina is so slow. Slipstream and catchup recomended for this version.

When I first made this I wanted to lock it to the Regina but you can't, it's not one of the stock options. However it is an option to transform to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, djw180 said:

Made a new version of this as a transform race so that it is effectively locked to the Regina.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/PjKfFlk140Kq3oAsVn0UiA

Not a proper transform race. You change to the Regina at CP 1 and never change to anything else. The route is a bit shorter as well since the Regina is so slow. Slipstream and catchup recomended for this version.

When I first made this I wanted to lock it to the Regina but you can't, it's not one of the stock options. However it is an option to transform to.

Seems strange?

Nice to see you in the Transform races though, gotta make the most of those new options to keep the game fresh... well as fresh as a 4 year old game can be ;)

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?