Rocket League: GTA (DELETED)

kernalhogan

rhv4gcg.png

NOT A RACE -- This is designed to play out like a game of Rocket League using a "big orange ball". Still a work in progress, I'm just looking for suggestions to make it work better.   

• Setup as a GTA race to access the boost pickups. I'm unsure if allowing weapons is a good idea, it allows for "demolitions" and let's people re-spawn and get more boost. Maybe a no Proxy/Sticky rule would be necessary. 
  • Teams have to keep score themselves.(I wanted to make it a Capture so teams could keep score with packages, but the re-spawns and props just wouldn't work.)
  • Whomever wins the Rocket League match should be allowed to finish the race first for maximum payout.
  • Not sure which vehicles work best. I've left it open to everything so that people can experiment.
  • I'm going to turn the arena sideways so the entrance is from the middle. I'm also going to try and smooth out the transitions to the walls so cars can easily make it up there.(Prop limit is not helping things.)

DELETED - This was made before the stunt props and footballs were added to the game. Squirrel's creation A Rainy Night in Stoke  is the job you're looking for if you want to play football in GTA.

Edited by kernalhogan
Deleted Job
  • Like 2

Uh oh, can't wait to try it :D

• Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

• 2 weeks later...

Has this been tested with a large group yet?

I don't want to put a downer on things but when you interact with a scenery object generally it's only the person who activated it who can see the effect of that action. Could end up with everyone just pushing their own ball around and claiming they scored. 

• Like 1

It has not been tested with anyone else. The ball did disappear when I looked away for too long. I had not considered the issue of where the ball is relative to each player, but that could be the nail in the coffin for this job.

Could still be a lot of fun and be used as a mess around job like my beach destruction party. Just need to find a way of making it competitive. If anything it could always be a ps4 crew challenge to see who can score the fastest goal. Would be a shame to waste the arena you've made. 

• Like 1