Minecraft

JustHatched

Do you play this?

My kids play it as much as I play GTA and they hit gold when it came out on PS3

I have watched them and I think it is pretty kid friendly, but I look at the graphics on it and think I played games like this 20 years ago

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Do you play this?

My kids play it as much as I play GTA and they hit gold when it came out on PS3

I have watched them and I think it is pretty kid friendly, but I look at the graphics on it and think I played games like this 20 years ago

Yea, its like back to the 80´ - 90´, when they start programming these video games :P

I play it, great game, just makes you think and want to do more. Crafting is pretty hard which makes you think how can i make that. Fun game :)

• Like 1

sanandreasrealog.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

last time i played Minecraft i builded Zero Punctuation Maskot, took me over 9000 blocks and 6 hours to complete ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_yEC3pO0w")

..what? dont look me like that! i was bored! ;DD

• Like 1

My son and daughter love, LOVE this game, they build and play and giggle and get along. My husband and I are like the graphics are so basic its painful....We just don't understand the obsession (as I load up GTA :lol: ) When they're not playing it, they're watching youtube stuff on how to build things, some fella called stampycat :blink:. In the end though the kids get along and they are doing team work so I suppose as a parent I can't complain B)

• Like 1

My son and daughter love, LOVE this game, they build and play and giggle and get along. My husband and I are like the graphics are so basic its painful....We just don't understand the obsession (as I load up GTA :lol: ) When they're not playing it, they're watching youtube stuff on how to build things, some fella called stampycat :blink:. In the end though the kids get along and they are doing team work so I suppose as a parent I can't complain B)

to understand minecraft you must release your inner lego engineer ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get it -- graphics are horrible and it looks pretty boring -- yet my son managed to get himself punished from playing video games for months because of this!...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

to understand minecraft you must release your inner lego engineer ;D

This is exactly it.  My 14 y/o son plays this on and off and from what I've seen it's just a video game version of Lego w/ some extra features since a lot of kids these days lack imagination.

as a child i loved.. were they called tecnic legos or something.. anyway i had huge imagination so i was creating stuff from legos and everything else,

from nothing became worlds and castles among other things

as i became older i didnt lose that imagination and "need for creating stuff" so i still love all sorts of sandbox games were you can create stuff

just like Minecraft, Garry`s Mod, Blocklands and so on

• 9 months later...

In case anyone has been wondering, this is what has been eating up my time lately.  I've become obsessed with building and they're getting bigger!  Here's my portfolio so far, please contact me for rental details  :lol:

The Ranch

My first creation inspired by Southfork Ranch

http://youtu.be/_RJDBLwV33E

Beach House

This one is a copy from some photos on the net.  Still took me 4.1/2 hours to figure out proportions etc.  The pool and covered seating were my own additions.

http://youtu.be/WhMURTSirRs

Modern House

My own design inspired by web trawling house designs

http://youtu.be/THrx9fjkty8

Grand Mansion

I had one photo to go on for this one.  A view of the garage side was the only thing copied, the rest was made up by my brain cells.

http://youtu.be/IXvT0ArvcRg

• Like 3

Lann3fors sent a mugger to steal Casey's MC

Lann3fors sent a mugger to steal Danielle's MC

Lann3fors sent a mugger to steal Jesse's MC

Edited by Lann3
  • Like 8

i fuckin love minecraft, besides not having much free time these days, its the primary reason for the neglect GTA has felt. I used to just build massive stupid buildings when i played it originally (like 3 years ago) but im getting into all the mechanics and crafting parts of it atm (redstone is fucky as). I just put chill tunes on and i could literally play it for days, the graphics are part of the charm for me and thers so much to do and explore. 

• Like 4

Minecraft is an awesome game, I haven't yet experienced it on the ps4 as I have always played it on my laptop! My favourite things to do are going to the nether and killing zombie pigmen then exploring to see what I can find :D I also love going mining and finding hidden caves underground! I think the game was ruined with all the mods that came out for it, I prefer vanilla servers when I play to get away from the modded servers! I'm guessing that's what it's like on the ps4 so might have to give it a try!

• Like 1

Minecraft is an awesome game, I haven't yet experienced it on the ps4 as I have always played it on my laptop! My favourite things to do are going to the nether and killing zombie pigmen then exploring to see what I can find :D I also love going mining and finding hidden caves underground! I think the game was ruined with all the mods that came out for it, I prefer vanilla servers when I play to get away from the modded servers! I'm guessing that's what it's like on the ps4 so might have to give it a try!

Yup! no mods or anything like that on PS4

• Like 1

My 8yo son loves Minecraft and is consequently what my PS3 is mainly used for these days, I end up waiting until he goes to bed before I get chance to go on GTA (being a good Dad) unless I'm in mean Dad mode and boot him off :lol: .  Think I'll have to setup a new account for him/me though because I now get messages from his Minecraft friends. Stampy or whatever his name is has a lot to answer to.

I'll have to show him your work Casey, he'll love those.

• Like 2

Just wondering, and assume I know nothing about minecraft, is there any clans/crews in minecraft?

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

there are factions you can create and battle others . minecraft is great until you start modding it. then it becomes the greatest and most buggy game ever invented and you will want to kill yourself , me and minecraft parted ways, never to look back lol

• 3 weeks later...