Playstation History

JustHatched

Zelda was badass as was Double Dragon on NES.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• Pb76

• DavidCore89

• Fido_le_muet

Those games bring back great memories.  Did any of you ever figure out or play Zelda II on NES?  It was so much different than the original, and I was never able to finish it.

One series that I completely forgot about (but played religiously) was Mega Man (especially Mega Man II and Mega Man III).  Rampage and Double Dragon were two of my go-to arcade games back in the day.  I also remember hanging out at the arcade on weekends playing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game with my friends from elementary school.  We were so in awe of the graphics back then, but wow, how things have changed...

Those games bring back great memories.  Did any of you ever figure out or play Zelda II on NES?  It was so much different than the original, and I was never able to finish it.

Yeah, never got past the first dungeon at the time!

Haven't tried it in a while but I'll give it another go eventually since I got it on my Wii :)

I read in Game Informer that the dude that made Mega Man is working on a new thing to bring it back.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

PS3 was my first playstation, I also have a PS4. First game for the PS3 was an NHL not sure which year 09 maybe? First console was a NES however 3D gaming started on the N64 then off to the Xbox and Xbox 360.

• 3 weeks later...

PS1, 2 & 3 for me.  I haven't bought the ps4 and probably won't until they stop making new games for the PS3.  First game was Gran Turismo.  There's very few games I played in general GTA III - 5, NHL (all), Gran Turismo 1 - 6, throw in a little fifa & batman and that's about it.

My first system was a nintendo w/ super mario & duck hunt, skipped super mario II and played mario III for years.  Then I had a sega genesis sonic, nhl 94 etc til I went to the playstation.  Never owned a xbox.

Duck Hunt was a bad ass game

I used to cheat at Duck Hunt as a kid.  I would hold the gun pressed directly against the screen and fire away.  Although I was more into the clay shooting feature.

Am I alone with my history of cheating at Duck Hunt?

• Like 1

I played Burnout 3 to Burnout Paradise, and PS2's the oldest console I got, lol.

Best oldie game I played was the Warriors. Great film, even better game, first Rockstar game I didn't bother cheating.

A8FgB70.jpg

First system was Nintendo, I think when it was released, I came home and my parents showed me the system. Had the Mario/Duck Hunt combo game that came with the gun. Played the shit out of it to where I ended up taking the top off for cooling purposes and when games didn't start would do that blow into it thig we all did.

As for Playstation, I started with the PS1. Parents got it for me for Christmas. They threw in a few games, but I mainly remember playing NHL '96 (I think that was it) or whatever Sony hockey game that was available upon release....I think Peter Forsberg was on the cover.

I remember the PS2 because of the shortages everywhere and would trip out that they were selling for a g on eBay. Don't remember the first game I played. Saved up money from work and bought it right away.

The PS3 was cool. My mom had asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said nothing as I was doing well with work. She said ok and seriously got me nothing which was weird, but I was ok with....just different. I leave the Christmas dinner to go home and in my car is a bunch of various wrapped boxes. I remember ripping into them at the first stop light and it was a PS3 and a bunch of games. One of the coolest things ever. It was the og 60g that was backwards compatible. It lasted until last year, which was funny because I had a dude fix the YLOD but he took a long time and made some errors so I was literally going to Game Stop every week to buy a slim but they give you 7 days to return it. So I had this little circuit of 3-4 stores where I was cycling every week until I got my PS3 back. Ended up getting a slim to make sure I was on point for this game....and I was tired of doing the damn hair dryer trick every few days or whatever it was.

alchemist3321.jpg

I started first with Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis. Moved from there to the Nomad with Sonic & Knuckles (portable Genesis - heavy as hell).

Gameboy Color with Pokemon Red.

Nintendo 64 with Ocarina of Time and Golden Eye.

Gameboy Advance with Golden Sun 1 and 2. 

PS1 with Final Fantasy 7

PS2 with GTA 3

PSP with Wipeout Pure

Nintendo DS with Advance Wars

PS3 with Assassin's Creed (60 GB)

PS3 Last of Us Bundle (Slim/replaced broken 60 GB)

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I found the topic and what the other members replied with is pushing me to take you to the flint stones age as I'm quite old man (compared to a lot of other members here)  :D 

First game i played in my life was DONKEY KONG on something called "Game and watch" .. as you can see from the name .. you have a game in addition to a clock, an alarm, or both. fantastic  :D 

Donkey_kong_game_and_watch_ope.jpg?lgfp=

Then RAMBO using sinclair spectrum zx ... it was a big celebration when you successfully load the game after 10 trials of rewind then play the game tape using Sony walkman 

Sinclair_ZX_Spectrum_Plus_USB_.jpg?lgfp=

Rambo-_First_Blood_Part_II_-_1.jpg?lgfp=

Then Grand Theft Auto 1 on Gateway 2000 desktop with WD Caviar 730.8 MB HDD in 2 dimensional environment .. best mission was to take the mined car to a specific location .. then run before BOOOM  :D 

gta1.jpg?lgfp=3000

Then the PS1 came with winning eleven, silent hill, Metal Gear Solid and driver

I didn't buy PS2 cos i didn't dedicate money for it as i was able to play the games that i like on my Laptop "PES and Need for speed"

Then PS3 and i'll not think to buy 4 before they stop release compatible games for PS3

I'm quite proud that i belong to this generation whom had to record the songs that they like on cassette tape from the radio and watching only 4 channels in thier local TV and now they are able to make a overseas phone call via internet connection on their smart phones listening and talking using Bluetooth while driving their own cars ;)  

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have the same type of history as MLB, including sometime in the 2000s was a Dreamcast. that's when I bought my first system. PS came shortly after DC too. don't remember having a PS2, think Xbox was more popular at the time? anyway, ps3 in 2006ish? maybe 07? 1st got YLOD and got a slim in 2008, new years 8-9 a buddy spilt his drinks all on it and fried, got a new one that weekend and in 10 the blue ray disk stopped working. 3rd one was in 11, had it since.

as far as games, I don't remember. karate kid and ninja turtles on the arcade and all the popular ones on others. ps3 was war hawk and I loved it. also a PC gamer, enjoy them too. more of a console guy though

• 3 weeks later...

Had one of each at one point or the other, the that puzzles me now come to think of it is how the heck did I pay for them as I was in high school?????

This is my first one (PS3), only around 2 months old, exclusively bought for the GTA V. Used to have C64 back in the days (still regret selling it, must be an antique piece now), after that PC games only until around year 2000, rarely played any games after that until last december when I tried out GTA IV...

Bought the ps2 first started with Killzone and WWE Raw vs Smackdown.Got it modified and played loads of other games then.I agree with David,the way gaming has changed its like one of the main sources of entertainment for people now.