Playstation History

JustHatched

What was your first PS1, 2, or 3? DO you remember you first game for it?

I am old enough I got the PS1 when it first came out and I get Destruction Derby with it, I also played the first GTA and never again played another GTA until 5 came out.

I have only had my PS3 for about 2 1/2 years, I was quite happy with my PS2. Still got loads of PS2 games and a few PS1's floating around.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• Pb76

• DavidCore89

• Fido_le_muet

Yes, Destruction Derby such a good game, I have it upstairs with a load of others :)

I had my PS1 in 1998, along with FIFA 98 and Rayman.

Nostalgia.....

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

The PS3 is my first. I was a Nintendo guy (NES - gamecube) until 2008 when I bought my PS3. I'm still rocking the old fatty version.

GTA IV was my first PS game.

Edited by furdog

kQ4fIRp.png

Im more like PC guy, but my very own console is (still working) PS3, i bought it 19 December (Time: 19:28), bought ps3 expecially for GTA V.
Actually, theres a funny story behind buying that console. I called to the store and asked, if they have PS3 GTA V bundle, first, the store manager said no, they dont, but later that day, manager called me back and said that they have it. Ok, next day, i went to the store and asked for that bundle, they didnt have it (dayum, i was pissed), so i bought PS3 Superslim 12gb (189 €) (only what was avalable), next day i bought 500gb HDD (49 €) and GTA V (59 €).

GTA V is my first console game btw.

Edited by W33k3nd

My fat ps3 lasted until last year, 3 days before 'the last of us' was released, hastily bought a 12gb superslim and chucked my hdd in it.

Yes, Destruction Derby such a good game, I have it upstairs with a load of others :)

I had my PS1 in 1998, along with FIFA 98 and Rayman.

Nostalgia.....

I remember when it cam e out being in awe over the graphics compared to my Super Nintendo (wish I still had one). Now I play Destruction Derby and think how shit the graphic are. 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

True it was unbeatable, the gaming world is moving fast. When I had a ps1 I would never have thought we would be playing with people from all over the world etc.

The Super Nintendo was a great console in it's day, Street Fighter with a turbo controller and your buddy had no chance lol.

Loved the Nintendo 64 too, Goldeneye, I still look out for one of those systems with the special Goldeneye controller  :)

I got the PS1 back in the day.

My dad had it cracked and I had tons of games to play with. My first ones were Gran Turismo and Tomb Raider 3.

Before that, I had the Nintendo NES and the SEGA Megadrive.

Lots of games on both platforms but the best ones were Mario Bros, Zelda II (never got past the first dungeon lol), Sonic 2 (amazing game), FIFA '96 and NBA Live '97.

Then, I played a lot of N64 (Goldeneye and Zelda Ocarina of Time: best games of all times) and Gamecube (Zelda Wind Waker, Star Fox, Resident Evil...)

Finally got a PS2 off ebay with Final Fantasy X. Then lots of Final Fantasy, GTA and Gran Turismo until the PS3 and now.

Was also a huge PC gamer at the time. Used to play a lot of Call of Duty and I had fully modded GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas. good times.

Not planning on buying a PS4 anytime soon. Too much goodness on the PS3.

• Like 1

I've been Sony loyal all the way from PS1 to PS4. Can't remember the first game on any of them. The only one I had to buy twice was the PS2.

I'm still using my original fat PS3. Still going strong. It has a 1TB drive in it.

MGS was a great game, never played another version of it since just cuz other games interested me more.

My library has always consisted of aircraft and strategy games

First console for me, Atari2600. Then was various tape loaders (spectrums and commodores). Then nes, snes, 3DO, ps1/2/3, psp. My brother went the other route, Master system, mega drive, dreamcast, n64, Xbox etc

Favourite console of all time would be the snes.

First console for me, Atari2600. Then was various tape loaders (spectrums and commodores). Then nes, snes, 3DO, ps1/2/3, psp. My brother went the other route, Master system, mega drive, dreamcast, n64, Xbox etc

Favourite console of all time would be the snes.

Yeah I remember the commodore 64 my older sister had one, those tapes took an age, some even needed turning over but it was worth the wait

Yeah I remember the commodore 64 my older sister had one, those tapes took an age, some even needed turning over but it was worth the wait

Sometimes you'd sit waiting for something to load and it'd crash. Rewind tape, start again.

My first console was a NES and the first game was Mario (of course!). After that I got a SNES, and played Top Gear, Bomberman and others games.

Then I god a PS1 with Need for Speed 4, Crash 3 and a Street Fighter that I don`t remember the version. But I really loved Gran Turismo 1 and 2, Driver 1 and 2, Vigilante 8, Metal Gear, etc. I also started playing RPGs, Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, Parasite Eve, etc.

I never played GTA 1 or 2.

My aunt who lives in Japan gave me a PS2 with Gran Turismo 3, FInal Fantasy X and MGS 2.  But it was very dificult to find japanese games for PS2 where I live.

So I started to play GTA on PC, GTA III and GTA Vice City. The best thing about playing on PC are the car mods! hahaahaha And there are so good works! But my PC was not that fast.

Afterwards I got a Xbox and played San Andreas.

Now I have a PS3 Ultra Slim 500gb that my cousin brought from Japan, but thankfully Sony removed the region barrier! 

The last mission in Driver was impossible though or was it just me ?

Wasn't just you.

I eventually did it but it took waaaayyyyy too long.

I played the hell out of top gear

Driver 1 and 2 had many difficult missions!! hahahahaha

Top Gear 1 was my favourite! I played a lot with a friend!

Two games that I remembered from SNES: Rock`n Roll Racing (best race game ever!) and Chase H.Q.

Ps1 was bought the christmas that it came out. Im not sure what the first game was, but I know Gran Turismo was the favorite. Ive owned every GT since. My first GTA was GTA III. Have all since as well. 

Dodgeservice.png

Here is my timeline:

circa 1985/1986 - inherited Atari 2600 with an assortment of games from the late 1970s/early 1980s 

Christmas 1988 - received NES as a gift with Power Pad and World Class Track Meet

circa 1990/1991 - received Sega Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog

circa 1990 - received original Game Boy as a gift

Christmas 1991 (or 1992) - received SNES as a gift - first non-Mario game was SimCity

circa 1992 - received Sega Game Gear as a gift

Christmas 1996 - received Nintendo 64 as a gift

1998 - bought PS1 and Gran Turismo (as first game)

2004 - bought original Xbox and GTA III

2008 - bought Xbox 360 and GTA IV

Late 2011 - bought first PS3 with MLB 11: The Show

December 2013 - replaced broken PS3 with GTA V bundled PS3

I was also an arcade junkie as a kid--I think the first one I played was Paperboy sometime around 1987.  I also used to burn through my parent's money with Sega's Out Run.

The original Legend of Zelda on NES was probably my most frequently played game of all time--followed much later by GTA III and GTA: San Andreas.  I must admit that I did not like GTA Vice City, and some consider that blasphemy.  I went through a phase where I stuck mainly to sports and driving/racing games, but I was also one of those kids who played Mortal Kombat religiously.