Naval Assault

Prodigy_Rocks_

Naval Assault

Link: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Prodigy_Rocks_/games/gtav/jobs/job/hz3MafkUpEW5hmFHM2PTvg?platformId=2

Bv6jozF.jpg

Update:

-April, 1, 2016: Updated the TDM: Naval Strike. It now takes place on one half of the map, if you still think it's still too open, I'll either end up making a Capture version, or end up using 1/4 of Alamos Sea.

-April, 7, 2016: 

-Removed Insurgent

-Aligned the cabin prop at both teams spawn

-Switched the grenade launcher spawn with minigun spawn

-Added wrecked bus prop in replacement to the insurgent

-Added +1 boat to each side

-Added a Cargobob to each side. It's used for recovering boats lost at sea. (Team 2's Cargobob had to be placed on a roof of one of the house behind Team 2's spawn since it cannot be placed on rigid grounds or props)

-Added +1 boat to Team 2's side in compensation to the Cargobob's far spawn location

-Added a video on a funny moment during testing

Details:

• TDM
  • Forced + Pickup
  • 2-8 players
  • Traffic: ON
  • Noon
  • Weather: Clear
  • Match duration: 15min

Weapons:

• AP pistol (starting weapon)
  • Assault Rifle
  • Heavy Sniper
  • RPG
  • Minigun
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Combat MG
  • Micro SMG
  • Carbine Rifle

Guide to map:

- Stand on the boat instead of sitting, you can use all weapons you have when standing. (If they lag out on the drivers end, pay no mind, that's lag)

-Insurgent, represent turrets, setting them up on the platform (ramp provided), is your base last form of heavy firepower; best to setup in the beginning of the round.

-Locations of Heavy weapons such as the RPG, will not have a boat provided due to its firepower

-Grenade launcher is obtainable, just make sure to leave it on traffic if you wish to obtain it

-Avoid beaching the boats if you can, since it's a TDM, boats are limited, same goes for using explosives or trying to kill players on the boat

-Bouy signify the boundary of the map

-Platform in the middle of the map is a good strategic location for Snipers, RPGs, etc

Open to feedback. Also, I give permission if someone wants to recreate this on PS4; more props and more XDBX players to make the map more hectic.

Edited by Prodigy_Rocks_

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

Had the chance to play this again.

The Insurgent turrets are overpowered. There's no need for these. Someone will just stay in those and since the range of those turrets is massive, no-one on a boat has a chance to take them out, no matter what weapons they might have with them. The firepower from the insurgent will push the boat back even at full speed and destroy it within seconds. The only time you get a chance to take someone in a turret out is when you respawn right behind them. You could delete the Insurgents and place more boats on the map instead.

The Grenade Launcher isn't all that powerful on this map, at least not if the boats keep moving while fighting each other, so it can be removed altogether. No-one will bother wasting so much time to go inland for a relatively useless weapon, when there are better ones around and easier to obtain.

On April 6, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Protocawl said:

Had the chance to play this again.

The Insurgent turrets are overpowered. There's no need for these. Someone will just stay in those and since the range of those turrets is massive, no-one on a boat has a chance to take them out, no matter what weapons they might have with them. The firepower from the insurgent will push the boat back even at full speed and destroy it within seconds. The only time you get a chance to take someone in a turret out is when you respawn right behind them. You could delete the Insurgents and place more boats on the map instead.

The Grenade Launcher isn't all that powerful on this map, at least not if the boats keep moving while fighting each other, so it can be removed altogether. No-one will bother wasting so much time to go inland for a relatively useless weapon, when there are better ones around and easier to obtain.

I'll remove the insurgent when I get the chance. Meanwhile for the Grenade launcher, I thought it would be more of a threat, but I guess I'll switch it for something else-might keep it as a skill weapon if I can't find a replacement.

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

This looks interesting, @Prodigy_Rocks_.

Is there any chance to increase the maximum players to 12 or 16?  The map is certainly big enough, but I suppose if there's a shortage of vehicle props it might be hard to do.

8 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

This looks interesting, @Prodigy_Rocks_.

Is there any chance to increase the maximum players to 12 or 16?  The map is certainly big enough, but I suppose if there's a shortage of vehicle props it might be hard to do.

Well I thought about it, but given the low amount of attendants, I chose to cap it to 8. Looking back, if I were to change the cap, I would have to add more spawn points and vehicles, like you said, but I don't have a lot of room at the spawn locations. I also stated that I'm fine if someone on ps4 wants to recreate this on a larger scale.

• Like 1

Updated OP.