GTA: Plane Stupid

djw180

GTA : Plane Stupid - RGSC link

GTA : Plane Stupid Job Image

"Planes have been stolen and left in stupid places. Return them to the airfield. No guns. Min 6."

That's as much description as I can fit in the apparently 100 character limit. So a bit more detail here.

This is essentially a non-combat GTA capture for 3 teams. Get to the planes (crop dusters) and fly them back to Sandy Shores Airport. It is meant for multiple players per team. You can't set a minimum number for a capture, but I recommend at least 6 players (i.e. 2 per team). Set to 30 player max but 10 per team may leave some without much to do.

Time limit is 10 min.

Target score 6 for each team.

All capture vehicles available to all teams.

Forced and pickups recommended. The forced is just a crowbar and the only pickups are parachutes. Guns will spoil this, they would allow camping at the air strip and just stealing planes other teams have flown in.

Repsawn vehicle is the Sanchez, at Grapeseed air strip.

Each team starts near 2 helicopters and a dune buggy. Traffic is on should you need to get other land vehicles. There are other helicopters near the capture bases (at the air strip). The helicopters are obviously the fastest way to get to the target vehicles. The parachutes may not be needed, I think you always get one as a pilot or passenger in an aircraft. This gives you a number of options for getting to the cropdusters.

All the crop dusters can get airborne. Some are close to cliffs, so long as you drop off these with reasonable speed you will be airborne. The higher the cliffs the less speed you need.

Updated 19th April.

Capture points moved to Sandy Shores. Less helicopters available. None that close to the capture points. Now 30 player max. Re-spawn at Grapeseed air strip.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Made some changes.

The respawn vehicle is now the Sanchez instead of the Mamatus and the respawn locations are the main road. That way you have to concentrate on getting the planes back rather than taking out the other teams plane's.

To compensate I have added some more helicopters around the map. These all have a parachute pickup to help locating them.

I may make other changes, e.g. moving the capture bases to Sandy Shore with each team's base well away from the others. But I don't have time to do at the moment, I would need to move a few of the capture vehicles as well.

Edited by djw180

Played this last night.

Great idea, nice and simple.

The landing zone became a mess of dead Dusters and it was tough to deliver them, Sandy Shores might be a better location, especially since there are 3 teams.

Some actors in Buzzards might spice it up a bit and also stop people camping the delivery zone in a chopper to easily explode the Duster. They don't need to be too aggressive though :D.

15 minute time limit might work as well as the area is pretty big.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Thanks DC, a move to Sandy Shores is something I had in mind already. I just need to find the time to do it and move the duster locations that would then be too close to the air field.

Same as DC. Played last night. Was only one able to sneak in a delivery, and take the win for our team. I do like this map and the concept, quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing the three different bases at Sandy Shores. Gonna follow this thread! Thanks DJW

• Like 1

Same as others said great concept I was just frustrated with the couple times we landed the duster but couldn't get it to drop zone. Especially with others teams around exploding us. I don't create so not sure If it's possible but could you put more drop off spots that aren't dedicated to certain teams so as pilot you have more then 1 option of where to try and land at.  Or when making multiple does it automatically make it for a  certain team

• Like 1

Only one drop of spot per team in captures, as far as I know. I think moving this to the bigger Sandy Shores airfield will solve the problem though.

• Like 1

I have updated this. Anyone that it had bookmarked, the new version is a different one and the old one has been deleted. So you'll need to re-bookmark it.

Capture points now at Sandy Shores and more spread out.

Less helicopter spawns and they are a bit further away from the capture points.

I didn't place a NPC in a Buzzard. I tried it and if you destroy it the actor does not respawn in the buzzard, so there would be a buzzard for anyone to use.

Re-spawns now at McKenzie airfield.

Some changes to the capture vehicle locations.

30 player.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Some slight changes made. There are sometimes issues in captures that may or may not occur any given time it is played. So I don't know if the problems with this were always going to be there or were just one offs. They were, captured planes not registering for team 2 (Fort Z) and 2 of their helicopters not working. I have deleted and replaced the team 2 capture base and helicopters in slightly different positions to fix this, hopefully. It works fine when tested in the creator, but then it always did.

Edited by djw180